PDA

View Full Version : Ze Twins

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:41:56 PM
So far, in a sense, they are supporting characters which I am good with but I am wracking my brains on what to do with them. I'd guess I need a sounding board or some such. Doesn't have to be anything epic but I'd like to push them into some story (doesn't have to involve the two of them together). The Empire needs a more active Empress as Holly pointed out :) Well, besides snogging Sanya. :p

Meeting Hal and Bryna has helped with Navaria, and of course Cleo.

I have no specific plans for them at present, old plans can always evolve.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:18:35 PM
She said "ze twins." I thought she was talking about her jumblies!

No, she means her characters are twins.

But they're female twins, right? That means two sets of jumblies? In that case, she should have said "ze quadruplets."

*sigh* Really? Really? Why would you even think that?!

*scratches head* Uhhh... because jumblies?

Fair enough.

(Ahh, what goes on in Hal's head...)

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:01:03 PM
As far as Miranda goes: I think what we need to examine more is what the Empire needs to accomplish. It's been rather stagnant for a long time. We have a lot of underlings running around (shadow squadron, etc) and no bigwigs to command them. Miranda can always find a spot telling people what to do, giving them missions, etc. She could even directly oversee whatever we produce from the Galactic Blackiness concept. I don't think we have a lot of political whatsit going on at the moment so we're pretty much down to straight up military action in our current capacity.

I have no advice for Navaria. I do not have any active Jedi nor do I think that I have ever written with Navaria on any character. Sorries :C

EDIT: Your title is deceiving!

Aidan Fox
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:15:38 PM
Honestly, I've had a lot of the same trouble with the character of Saladin. He's overseeing an international terrorist organization, and he only steps into the picture when his concerns take him within the sphere of what we've already established. His role is too big to manage otherwise, and it's asymmetrical to the other characters in the Mutants RP.

I can see Empress Tarkin having similar difficulties as a head of state; she's not going to be issuing orders to most of the established Imperial underlings, because her orders are either top-secret directives to her inner circle or edicts that affect an entire Empire. Unless people volunteer characters to fill out your court, or unless you NPC them yourself, it seems to me you'd be best served by finding some outlet for her to act in secrecy.

I mean, other than snogging Sanya. ;)

She shares her sister's Force sensitivity, doesn't she? What if she arranges for a loyal Inquisitoriate officer to train her?

Captain Untouchable
Apr 6th, 2012, 03:06:40 AM
There are a few Imperial bureaucrats around. I've got a guy who is (among other things) the boss of COMPNOR , so I'd be happy to do some threads with you. :)

I think the tough part with the Empire is that everything is so stable. Politics is only fun when there are spanners being thrown in the works... despite the fact that the Rebellion is active, they're fighting the whole Empire in little skirmishes: there isn't any one area or one military commander who is getting to face off against them "all the time".

What I think we need is a new Vader. Not necessarily a Dark Lord of the Sith... but someone who can represent the Empress in the field, and who can maybe spearhead the hunt for the Rebellion / Jedi / etc. Not only would that be a great way to galvanise our roleplay options... it gives Miranda a direct link between what is happening "out there", and what is going on in her throne room. Every thread that involves the Executor meeting the Empress is a thread that a bureaucrat might be involved with as well, and that might spark off some politics going down on Coruscant too.

As for Navaria, I think you're in danger of ending up with two characters who are in similar roles, but on opposite factions. Just like Miranda... by being the de facto head of the Council, Navaria is a little boxed in: trapped in the Council chambers on the Wheel instead of in a Palace on Coruscant yes, but trapped just the same.

Maybe you need to find a way to get Navaria out more? Teaching a Padawan class on the [I]Whaladon might be a good start... the kind of training Yoda would do maybe, versus the kind of saber training that Loki does. Flying over to the Challenger to meet with Vansen Tyree in person could work too. Perhaps Navaria wants to tell Vansen the news about Dan (and s'Ilancy) in person? After all, she doesn't have s'Il there to act as her envoy anymore.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2012, 06:41:49 AM
I actually did have some Inquisitorial training but that thread fell flat mainly due to my inactivity and I have no idea where that evil man is right now XD - aka Tear. Sadly there isn't a lot of Inquisitors around.

As for moving around in secret, playing with myself does not seem fun :p I mean having NPC's to move the plotline around is fun and a good way to facilitate the story. OOC wise, anything that major with the Empire should be discussed openly.

With that said, the Vader like character is a great idea but is there someone willing to play?

As for Navaria, yeah ... the outcomes make sense IC because of their story it is just a bit frustrating to write :)

Tear
Apr 7th, 2012, 08:45:10 AM
I am here. Actually both things mentioned training for Miranda and a Darth Vader executor type to carry out her bidding was in the works.

This thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19798). If you want to continue your training and our plans.

Commander Adras
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:02:38 PM
There was the thread where Atrapes was trying to convince the Empress to give the go ahead for instituting a force using military order of Knights and such that could function as Rebellion hunters and such.

Bryna Belargic
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:24:10 PM
Master Tarkin, let's go on some adventures :D

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2012, 01:54:33 PM
Tear, I sent you a happy PM. And yes... yes I will ^_^

Ah, I do remember that thread. Let me think on that for a bit.

Nav - Bryna. We are having a crazy adventure currently on the Wheel :p

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 7th, 2012, 07:47:13 PM
I posted to you Tear so :mneh

Tear
Apr 7th, 2012, 08:29:49 PM
Rusty she says. Short post she says.:rolleyes

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 8th, 2012, 04:02:48 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I am going to throw a PM your way Vince under the account you just posted here :)