PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Disneyland - OOC Planning Thread

Jane
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:47:06 PM
Okay Brotherhood members, we're going to get some action! I'm starting a thread for us in which we shall 'stir up unrest' in Disneyland. I will hopefully set it all up pretty well in my opening post.

Post here if you want in - I'd like to get at least four characters involved but no upper limit on characters. And we'll use this thread to coordinate ooc.

I will do my best to keep the action moving. If you are in the thread and then lose interest or otherwise abandon it let me know so I can <strike>kill you</strike>write your character out so we aren't waiting on you for weeks.

Ahem!

I think that's it. Questions? It will take place in mid August and probably be the catalyst for the LA Mutant Riots to kick off.

OH YEAH - I almost forgot - good guys are welcome to post as opposition but only a few (2?) because if everyone is suddenly at Disneyland it'll be a little weird and we stand a large chance of being bogged down in all that 'huge RP' stuff. So, first come first serve on that (check in here first!)

Phedre Kallianos
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:49:51 PM
I'm in.

*claps with :evil glee*

Jane
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:56:54 PM
It'll be like the revenge of the Little Mermaid! ;)

Phedre Kallianos
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:00:29 PM
:lol Something like that ;)

Stern
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:37:44 PM
If you only need one or two good guys, I know of one over-worked mutant police captain who can put up a decent fight for being only one guy. :)

Jane
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:07:51 AM
Well we don't need a good guy, ;), but you are welcome to join in. I don't want it to get too confusing though, if you know what I mean, so don't feel like Stern has to fight everyone.

I need my brotherhood people to post first, too. :)

Anita Stern
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:10:04 AM
I'm offering myself, as Stern's considerably more defenseless better half! :ohno

Stern
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:13:08 AM
Sounds good. I can wait on the brotherhood to post. Just post here when I can make an entrance. Odds are Stern wont' fight more than a handful of the brotherhood at once. He will probably be too focused on protecting Anita.

I do want to press that hidden flaw of his. Since his troubles with Neutron back in New York, Stern has an unfortunate need to try to stop every mutant terrorist he lays eyes one. So if the brotherhood spreads out, Stern will either try to spread himself out to contain each one as best he can or simply try to take out the mutants one at a time as fast as he can.

We can play around with it. :)

Jane
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:32:32 AM
I think Locksmith may join in too, so that would be all the good guys the thread can handle. ;)

I almost posted 'that we can handle', but we obviously can take on whatever you throw at us. :mneh

Hurucan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:55:35 AM
You young mutants, always breaking toys. *shakes head*

:mneh

I don't think this is the kind of shindig that Hurucan or Orcus would be involved in, unfortunately. Riots and trouble-stirring are a little bit too uncouth for Hurucan's suave English tastes. ;)

I do have another Brotherhood mutant on the backburner... but I'm not sure he'll be ready by August. I will have to do some maths. :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:28:37 PM
Do your maths and get back to me!

Jane
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
Okay so here's the plan:

A member of the Brotherhood will use their power in an obvious but non-violent fashion. Phedre that'll probably be you. Once security asks you to leave you'll be offended, and things will escalate from there.

We want to start a panic, and then create choke points in the park so the mundanes will effectively be hurting themselves, the stupid sheep.

Sound good? Suggestions or questions?

Flux
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:45:07 PM
I volunteer for sheep-herding. The whole park's made of metal; it shouldn't be hard to corral them.

Phedre Kallianos
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:23:25 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me! I've already amused myself with a slushy growing tentacles.

I'll go a little bigger next time ;)

Locksmith
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:43:37 PM
I'm in. Now, bear in mind, only old-school mutants should really be able to recognize me. Locksmith was an X-Man back in the late 80's-ealy-90's, but he's disappeared from the scene entirely since then.

And, he's also been avoiding all mutant and anti-mutant activity in the area, even though he lives in Santa Ana, which is just south of Los Angeles. He's been trying really hard not to get involved, and is in Disneyland that day to scope out the park so that he can be a good uncle to his niece and nephew who will be in town the next week.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:00:05 PM
I think we're free of anyone who'd recognize him, unless Saladin decides to show up. ;)

Phedre, what is your mutant name? Jane's is Zombie, so feel free to use that in your posts, my brothers and sisters. :)

Freight Train
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:04:48 PM
Flux is mostly aggravated at having to use them as "cover" until the plan kicks off. He's probably using a fake one, being an infamous terrorist, but he hates it just the same. =)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:08:42 PM
Well, I just wanted to make sure he wasn't mad because he's being forced to use their mundane names because he isn't. :) and he certainly doesn't have to use them in his thoughts unless he wants to. ;)

Phedre Kallianos
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:32:30 PM
I am called Amnis among our kind :)

Captain Untouchable
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
I do have another Brotherhood mutant on the backburner... but I'm not sure he'll be ready by August. I will have to do some maths. :uhoh

Alas, the maths does not tally. Stuff can't start happening until after the press conference; doesn't give enough time to go through the necessary changes and what not.

I will join you guys on the next one, mayhaps! :)

Billy O'Neill
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:50:43 AM
I will join you guys on the next one, mayhaps! :)

Or, I might just check an old character list and find someone I'm not using!

Room for one more? This guy has something vaguely along the lines of Darwin's "adapt to survive" ability. Unfortunately it's purely instinctive and subconscious... though he can remember things that he's done before and repeat them.

Last time we saw him, he got caught in the fallout of Nucleon exploding: his powers turned him intoa giant purple Hulk monster thing, which might come in handy. :ohno

Vigilante
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:15:19 AM
Sounds good to me! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:02:51 AM
Good guys can post now if you like :)

Stern
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:05:11 AM
Cool! I'll add in my post right away!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:09:02 AM
We seem to mostly be around New Orleans Square, Tom Sawyer Island, and Frontierland, but Tron is in Fantasyland by... Well, let's let it be a surprise. ;)

Don't feel like you need to start off right near us. :)

Stern
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:10:21 AM
Definitely going to meander that way. Stern probably won't find out much until Flux warps one of the taller rides or water cascades out of the Pirates ride. Or until people start panicking. Just whatever. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:14:38 AM
Sounds good :)

Phedre Kallianos
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:22:41 PM
Havoc begun! *looks a little too pleased with herself*

:D

Locksmith
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:36:55 PM
Sorry I'm late, gang. I won't be able to post until I get home from work, which will be about an hour and a half from now.

Flux
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:10:40 PM
I'll wait on Locksmith before I post again, let him react to Phedre's display before I start building cages.

Jane
Apr 7th, 2012, 02:49:33 PM
Ok feel free to start a little mayhem, people. >D

Titan
Apr 7th, 2012, 02:57:03 PM
Mayhem?

Titan make mayhem. >D

Bette Davis
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:41:36 PM
Still sort of waiting on Locksmith :ohno