PDA

View Full Version : I'm back online!

Peter McCoy
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:23:47 PM
Yes! After a nightmare 2 weeks without internet access, I am now jacked in once again! And to commemorate this joyous occasion, I hereby announce my return to active roleplaying! No more lurking and OOC comments. There's adventures to be had in these here HTML pages. And I intend to find one! Or start one. or finish an old one. Or...

...you get the idea.

Yay! :)

Siyndacha Aerin
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:27:47 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*runs around, arms flailing wildly in the air*

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

This 'people returning to RP' thing lately has me all excited!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:30:38 PM
Christmas has returned to us at last!

:eee

Vek Vek
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
Absence from roleplaying environment considerable. Resistance to pathogens atrophied. Vaccinations recommended before exposure to community.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:12:14 PM
Hooray! Welcome back!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:53:39 PM
Yesssssssssssss, it's Christmas!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:51:06 AM
So Peter, what are you going to roleplay? :ohno

Peter McCoy
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:21:26 AM
Well Droo mentioned the mutant scene is kicking off again, so I'm going to dust off Uncanny, my mutant who can transform into animals he has had physical contact with. Also, I miss Garrett. The most fun I've had roleplaying was with Garrett. I'd really like to bring him back.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:10:48 AM
Garrett! :D

My favorite crazy person!

:ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:05:31 AM
The galaxy can always do with more Garrett.

Peter McCoy
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:20:50 PM
The writing of the forums has matured considerably since I joined this fine community. I just hope it's not too tame for Garrett's personal brand of insanity. I recall a fun little outing where I took a Super Star Destroyer to Coruscant and almost caused a war between the Sith Order and the Empire. Those were the days.

Jaden Luka
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:19:39 AM
I'm not sure I'm old enough to remember Garrett (though Droo has recounted stories of the antics you two got up to), but there's an absolute ton that Uncanny could get involved with. If you need a lowdown on some of the stuff going on right now, don't hesitate to hit me up on AIM.

If I'm inferring correctly, Garrett would be an Imperial? There isn't much going on with that side of things at the moment, but you coming back might be just the excuse we need to make it happen. :D

Peter McCoy
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:59:46 AM
Garrett did what he wanted, when he wanted.

He was affiliated with The Sith Order and, later, the Kuklos Ataxia before I stopped roleplaying him. A constant thorn in Darth Viscera's side and a regular annoyance for the Sith Order leadership. And he had a personal vendetta to make Admiral Gue feel very unwelcome :) His regular companion was the much smarter, much more serious, but ultimately infinitely more boring Gav Mortis. He had a friendship with Darth Hera after saving her life and was also hopelessly in love with Lilaena DeVille. He liked shiny objects, loud noises, and had an appalling sense of direction. He was a surgical genious, an expert in biology, chemistry and Sith Alchemy, Sorcery and Necromancy. He was around 8 feet tall, a hulking mass of raw power but somewhat clumsy unless he was really concentratng which was hardly ever. And he liked to sing - if you asked him he'd say he invented singing.

Oh, and he was completely insane. He'd have visions of a Muse who would tempt him into doing the most terrible things which, thank goodness, his short attention span never allowed him to actually put into action. He was responsible for terrible deaths, some of them massacres, but they were nothing to what he could have achieved if he'd been able to put his mind to it. But he lost that a long time ago.

I'll keep the humour, but his motivations will be reworked into something I'd enjoy writing now. Less randomness. More calculated, specific goals. But still fun, still funny, still that element of goofiness. My own writing has matured since I last roleplayed him, and I think Garrett can as well - without losing his edge.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:43:11 AM
I think bringing back Garrett would add an aspect of the Sith into the SW storyline that is absent right now. If you fancy talking shop on some potential Sith storylines and maybe some rivalries, let me know!

Peter McCoy
Mar 31st, 2013, 04:40:05 AM
I'm glad I read this thread while scouring for the cooking one! Later on tonight, I shall post as Garrett. I want him back and I have a good idea how to start.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:52:31 AM
He was a mountain of a man. /Randy Savage