PDA

View Full Version : Ol' Pink Eyes is Back - And he needs something to do.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:19:51 PM
Well, by now most of you know that I'm back (Mitch), and I've got my new character, Hal, who is in a bit of an interesting predicament, but for those of you not in the know, here's a quick rundown:

Hal is about 23 years old in age, and became a Jedi Knight when he was around twenty or so. He's a bit unruly and prone to getting in a bit of trouble due to some ADD, but he means well and is fairly competent, overall. Decent with a lightsaber, he can hold his own, but isn't above the use of a blaster or other weapon when needed. Still a bit immature, he's cycled through a couple discipinary actions, and eventually it was determined that he needed to work off some of his energy with field missions - preferably solo ones.

It was on such a mission, one trying to bust a spice smuggling ring, that Hal was waiting for a contact in a diner. That contact never showed up, but the enforcers of the drug ring did, and they captured him. Freezing him in carbonite with the intent to sell him as a trophy (captured Jedi, and all.), they stuck him on a cargo ship and took off. A few days later they came under attack and the ship's engines were destroyed, its crew killed, and the ship was left adrift, Hal still frozen in the cargo hold.

With Hal failing to report in, the Jedi Order marked him as being Missing in Action after a few months, and eventually he was forgotten about as he drifted through space in that ship for a bit over one hundred years.

Then, thanks to chance, he's been found by Ben, Cirr and Sindy, and thawed out. With no clue that the Republic has been replaced by the Empire, and that the Jedi Order on Coruscrant - where he had a lovely little apartment complete with kitchenette - is no more, he's now being taken to The Wheel, because that's where Jedi go, apparently.

So, he's going to go through some culture shock and a lot of adapting to do, but the fact remains that he's still a Jedi, and was trained in the old ways, so the current Jedi Order might find him a bit valuable for what he might be able to teach. His best abilities are mainly sympathetic enhancements of current physical abilities, but Hal does have a few aces up his sleeve that might surprise some folks.

The real question is: who wants to meet him when he gets to the Wheel, and any thoughts on some storyline ideas for him there? He'll be rather freeform and able to do whatever he needs to while adjusting, but he does get bored easily. (He's 23, it happens.) He's also a bit of a hound when it comes to the ladies, which is something that isn't well-documented in his old Jedi file, but could be a fun aspect to play on, too.

He will need to get a new power crystal for his lightsaber, though. After 100+ years in carbonite, his current one is shot, so getting that fixed could be a priority for him. Well, that and getting himself another nice little apartment-type room with a kitchenette. =P

If you've got any ideas, go ahead and voice them here. =) I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with Hal.

Iain Carrick
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:02:23 PM
Well, speaking as one of (if not the only one) the newer writers around here who doesn't know you (but has certainly heard stories) I'd love to jump in a thread with you when you arrive at the Wheel. I'm not sure how quickly you'll want to pick up a student, but I'm basically a sentient plant, so we'd certainly make an interesting team :)

On the other hand, for pure hijinks, I should introduce you to either Fishbait or Sparkplug, the other two Jedi in my writer's head...*ducks for cover*

Inyos Aamoran
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:04:51 PM
<< This guy spent eleven years or so out of the loop on a dark side mojo planet type thing, in a string of events that happened here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19816) and here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19979).

He didn't miss the Jedi Purge, but he did pretty much miss the whole Rebellion thing. That's nowhere near as out of the loop as Hal, but he maybe has a better chance of empathising with what Hal is going through. He's more "traditional" than a lot of the Jedi about the place, so he might be less unfamiliar than some the others; that said, Hal would probably find him intensely boring, since the guy doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word "fun". Think "Emo Jedi Spock", and you're along the right sort of lines. Hijinks might ensue.

On the other hand, I also just started writing Zane Brasko, who is an unfit and overweight Jedi. From what you've described, and from what I've read, Hal would no doubt have a field day.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:49:42 PM
I'm not sure how soon it'll be before Hal takes on a student. He's never had one, before, and I'm pretty sure he'll have to get cleared by the current Jedi Council (or whatever it is, now) before he's allowed to take one on.

Still, interaction is always good. Also, Hal has a very, very substantial bank account that he doesn't know about, yet, so he may be able to make a fair-sized monetary contribution to the Alliance, at some point.

Anybody else want to run into the furball?

Xel-Naga
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:02:56 PM
If he intends to go hunting for a new focus crystal for his lightsabre, I possess a pair of darksiders he could run into. The honorable and more likely to talk than fight Zereth Lancer and the psycho-path bitch from hell Alexia Sturkov. That's really the only interaction I can see between my own characters and Halajiin. My only Jedi is currently locked away by the Imperial INQ.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:55:05 PM
I've actually got a rather fun idea for his replacement crystal, and it has something to do with his current saber setup. After all, surely the Jedi have a few captured sabers taken from fallen Sith as trophies, right?

The color of his blade doesn't matter much to Hal, but it has been a bit of a sticking point with others in the Order back in his day, because his blade has always been red.

Torrsk Oruo'rel
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:53:37 PM
Money to the Alliance, you say?

I'm General Oruo'rel, leader of SpecForce and councillor for Bothawui. It would be an honour and a privilage to meet you and discuss possible uses for your funds, my tasty-looking mongoose friend.

:yum

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:30:36 PM
Heh, well, like I said, Hal doesn't know about his wealth, yet. He was getting pretty decent at investing and stocks before he got frozen, though, and some of the companies he invested in are still around, now, so he's got bank.

Though, being 23, I'm sure he'll want to spend a fair amount on himself before he thinks about giving money away. =P