PDA

View Full Version : Quick, Call the Police!

John Jackson
Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
In one of my threads, a guy just killed a guy. :ohno

I want to do a short(ish) thread at the crime scene. The main reason is so that someone can stumble across one of Tom Harriman's arrows... I want to convey the fact that the police "have a file" on him as it were.

I know the MCU people haven't had a huge amount to do though, and it would be awesome to not have to write the thread on my lonesome. Does anyone fancy dropping in, even if it's just to snap a few photos or say some pithy one-liners before putting on sunglasses and walking away?

James Harding
Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:57:55 PM
I haven't done nearly enough with this guy, though he's not part of the MCU. He can stand around and be all mundane and crap.

Jo Holloway
Mar 23rd, 2012, 07:25:37 PM
Jo can certainly help process the crime scene but she's not a cop. :)

John Jackson
Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:03:36 PM
If she's done stuff with MCU, so that's close enough. ;)

Having a regular cop about would be awesome, Vince. I didn't realise we had any around! May have to bust out one of my old LA cop ideas...

Jo Holloway
Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:09:12 PM
Jo is part of the MCU but she works for the LAPD as a lab rat. :)

edit:never mind!! ^_^;

Shield
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:43:02 AM
It looks like this thread...

:cool:

Just got replied to. No, wait, that's terrible! Argh! I panicked!

Anyway, please jump in and help with the investigation! I need help covering up my ignorance of procedural crime dramas... ^_^;

EDIT: I wanted to throw in some ideas regarding the other investigation thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21787), which, unfortunately, we never actually finished. Because the MCU has already investigated one brutal murder with a sword, it'll be natural to draw a connection between that one and this one. However, I think they'll have since connected Zero's "murder" of Jane with his series of non-lethal attacks on mutants around the city, which means they'll have enough information to see that things don't quite line up with this case. The biggest difference is that the victim here isn't a mutant. If any cops who weren't involved in the previous thread want to ask Shield or Jo about that investigation, feel free - it'll help with the exposition!

For reference, here's (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21728) the thread with the Brotherhood's investigation of Zero's crime spree. I think it's reasonable that the MCU will have managed to draw the same conclusions, minus spotting Zero in London after the Kings Cross bombing, of course.

John Jackson
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:10:26 AM
Things that people looking might find -

: An arrow lodged into the head of a mannequin.
: Other arrows, probably in hard-to-spot places.
: Security barriers on shop fronts that have been forced open.
: Mannequins that don't look the same as others in the same store.
: Clothes on mannequins that don't match the store they're standing in.
: A security terminal at the cinemaplex that is on; the rest are off.

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff you might spot based on the other posts in the thread... those are just the ones I can remember off-hand. :)

Shield
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:28:48 AM
Wait, swords and arrows and clothing that's obviously out of place?

There's only one explanation. This mall was attacked by a Renaissance Faire.

Jo Holloway
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:40:38 PM
Not a Ren Faire! :uhoh Anything but that! :eek

Phedre Kallianos
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:03:01 PM
Save yourselves! Quickly...before they force us all into garb!

Stern
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:54:16 PM
I will also jump in. :) I would like to keep writing Stern.

Tom Harriman
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:12:08 PM
Feel free! :)

Stern
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
Where is the thread? I'm sorry, but I seem to be having a hard time finding it. Could be it's so late or I'm so tired.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:23:01 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21851 here it is :)