PDA

View Full Version : Dark Shadows (2012)

Rutabaga
Mar 16th, 2012, 04:33:02 PM
I'll admit this wasn't exactly what I expected...but the original series WAS pretty campy, so this might work.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/isjg9O7ifwM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/isjg9O7ifwM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Tear
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:20:15 PM
Looks like typical Tim Burton! Fun stuff!:lol

Mu Satach
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:49:52 PM
Reveal yourself! tiny songstress!

Nathanial K'cansce
May 19th, 2012, 05:02:42 PM
Anyone saw this yet?

I went last night with a couple of friends mainly because "when else might we get the chance?"

It's... very interesting. Very Tim Burton-y, decently campy. I enjoyed it overall.

Crusader
May 20th, 2012, 02:00:38 AM
We watched it on friday and we had a blast. It's a classic Tim Burton movie.

Tristan Alastor
May 20th, 2012, 05:24:42 AM
Glad to hear that people enjoyed this. I thought it looked funny, but couldn't be sure whether it would actually hold up for the full length of the film.

Saidra
May 20th, 2012, 10:19:36 AM
My only hangup on this is that it's another Johnny Depp/Tim Burton thing. Though my parents (who apparently watched the original show big time) say that he's perfect for the roll. So...I'll probably see this when I get around to it. No rush type thing.

Korax
May 31st, 2012, 01:20:28 PM
saw it, liked it

Yeah, it's another tim burton/jonny depp thing but - well I usually like those things, plus le wife said she liked it and she was watching the dark shadows series on netflix not long ago. There are obvious similarities between the series and the movie but, there are also some differences. It's fun, I wasn't bored at any point. Plus I'm a sucker for the music they used in the film :P