PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Piloty Ideas Stuff

Jaden Luka
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:15:16 PM
Two ideas have been tumbling around in my brain today.

Mission!

First of all, following on from Charley's Galactic Readiness (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22367) idea, I'd like to put together a mission for some of the Rogue pilots who are around and active.

The thread would involve someone hurling enemies and what-not at the Rogues to keep them on their toes, and wouldn't just be a straight-up dogfight: there'd be some landing, running around on/inside things, and some shooting... so some proper Michael Stackpole / Rogue Squadron awesomesauceness.

A handful of pilots would be good (since Carré's breasts are more than a handful, we may have to leave them at home): you don't have to be a Rogue (for reasons mentioned below), but currently being on the Wheel is preferable, since I hear the commute from Bothawui is a bitch.

Rogue Group!

The way we do things with Rogue Squadron right now is kinda weird. We cram as many people as we possibly can into a single unit, try and get as many of them posting all in the same thread, then scramble around posting snippets of space battles, and then go to the pub afterwards to do a little character development.

Instead, I'm wondering if it might be better to adopt a more Battlestar Galactica style. In Battlestar there were tons of pilots, but most of them were background people. The cool / important characters were the focus of the stories, and you only really saw three or so of them involved in a fight at any particular time.

Why not do something similar? Lets say that instead of one "Rogue Squadron", we have three or four squadrons that form "Rogue Group". Everyone who is actively posting gets to be a Starbuck / Helo / Athena type character: and every time we run a mission we can just send a few of the available people... and if someone is unavailable, busy, or on a break from RPing it doesn't matter. I'm hoping it'll let us be a bit more active on the Rogue / Rebel pilot front.

Plus, having several squadrons with Rogue paint jobs will make it easier (IC) to maintain an active Rogue presence for the Rebellion, while still having the Alliance's elite pilots protecting the Wheel.

And, it'll maybe let some of the Jedi on the Wheel get involved in space piloty missions if they so wish without having to have their own unique stand-alone squadron thing.

So... what Rogues are still about, and who doesn't think this is a majorly sucktastic idea? ^_^;

Jamo Jakatta
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:21:34 PM
Joker, standing by

Sanis Prent
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Plus if y'all wanna team up any sorties with Novgorod, lemme know.

Kelly Perris
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:10:30 PM
Hot Mama here... though superfrequent posting cannot be guaranteed, on account of school. :lol

Justinian Atreides and Meeristali Peradun can be around as well. I don't mind.

Aris V'larr
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:16:10 PM
Captain Aris V'larr, callsign "Angel," reporting...

*sigh* Do I really have to wear that Rogue patch?

Jaden Luka
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:23:28 PM
You'll be flying an X-Wing, too. And I know how much you love X-Wings.

Edit:

So far we have Kelly, Joker, Aris and Carré involved. I'll be sitting this out to GM, so that gives us four. That's enough to get the ball rolling, but there's space for one or two more... so if you want in, please shout out ASAP!

Carré Inirial
Mar 15th, 2012, 10:16:47 PM
If I left them at home, I wouldn't be as much fun :p

Jamo Jakatta
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:53:18 AM
Four seems like a good number to me. Let's get going :D

Vansen Tyree
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:01:38 PM
I've started a thread, here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22375).

Since the idea was only brought up a couple of days ago I don't want to leave out anyone who may just not have noticed it yet... but if no one else has shouted out by the weekend I'll push on and get the mission going.

Serasai Onashi
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:36:38 PM
Onashi is no pilot, but I was thinking during one of my posts about the situation around Mon Calamari. There's plenty of chances there for some TOR style space missions, of the kind that don't really exhaust themselves. The Empire and Alliance could very well have a large number of skirmishes and small battles in the space lanes around the planet, and that could provide a couple good missions along the way, as well as a good jumping off point for anyone making a Rebel pilot or such.

Vansen Tyree
Mar 17th, 2012, 05:25:25 AM
Stuff like that might be a good option for our spacer players, too.

And if we could find a way to get freighters from the Wheel doing it, that kind of transport vs. fighters missions could be a good opportunity for the Jedi to get a little action.

Bette Davis
Mar 17th, 2012, 05:16:26 PM
If you need someone to play opposition I'm willing. Not to confuse the mission, but for a future RP I don't have a problem RPing a squadron to go against you sillies.

Kerryna Khapst
Mar 17th, 2012, 10:25:47 PM
I'll come along too, to keep Bette company...as long as I don't have to shoot at myself, that is. But its easy enough to keep Carré on one side and me on the other.

Plus, I haven't been written in forever and I'm giving my writer a headache :D

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 18th, 2012, 04:26:26 AM
I think Jace is GMing th opposition for this one, since we are not going up against Imps

Kerryna Khapst
Mar 18th, 2012, 06:38:09 AM
Gah...should have specified that I meant for a future mission, as Bette did - my bad! :)

Captain Untouchable
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
I have updated the wiki page (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rogue_Group) to reflect the new doodads and whatsits. I've only listed the (ironically twelve!) people who are active / posting in some form or other at the moment... if anyone else comes back, we can just pretend they were there all along or something. :uhoh

I took the liberty of promoting Flipper to Lieutenant (hope that's okay!), so every player now has at least one Lieutenant or above. Everything else is as-was, barring promotions already mentioned in threads.

And I turned the member list into a bit of a Michael Stackpole style dramatis personae thingy, because I'm awesome like that. :smokin

Kelly Perris
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:13:54 PM
Come on guys... 'Business as Usual' needs your posts!

Iyar Thiled
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:29:14 PM
I took the liberty of promoting Flipper to Lieutenant (hope that's okay!), so every player now has at least one Lieutenant or above. Everything else is as-was, barring promotions already mentioned in threads.

Fuck yes it's okay. :smokin

...I need to post as this guy more. Though I shall not invade your current thread. No... but next time someone toss a brick at my head or something so I don't miss out!

Carré Inirial
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:44:12 PM
Congrats on the promotion, fellow new Lieutenant :eee

Jaden Luka
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:57:11 PM
...I need to post as this guy more. Though I shall not invade your current thread. No... but next time someone toss a brick at my head or something so I don't miss out!

Want to come help Joker shoot at me and Baby s'Il, while we're stuck in a Y-Wing simulator? :uhoh