PDA

View Full Version : March Madness 2012

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:59:11 PM
It is time for March Madness again and here is the bracket

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7672422/bracket-selections

Only one real surprise in Iona, I would put in Drexel in instead but who knows look at VCU last year. This is a wacky year and I can think a lot of teams can win. Very few people would have predicted last year's final four.

CMJ
Mar 12th, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
I don't think ANYONE could have predicted all four teams last year.

My alma mater was 1:09 away from getting in, but instead WKU upset us and got one of the first four games because their record was so bad. Oh well.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 12th, 2012, 05:06:14 PM
I don't think ANYONE could have predicted all four teams last year.

My alma mater was 1:09 away from getting in, but instead WKU upset us and got one of the first four games because their record was so bad. Oh well.

MTSU blew their chances in the same tourney. They had a great season but went to the NIT instead. Yeah you are right I got 2/4 last year but I don't think anybody would have picked VCU to get there and along with Butler.

CMJ
Mar 13th, 2012, 07:49:45 AM
After filling out my bracket, I think I should probably redo it since I have three ACC teams in the Final Four. :lol

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:21:18 AM
i have one team on my bracket, the TAR HEELS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said this last year before the start of the ncaa's that " a healthy' unc would win it all and how they would...so far i have called their year with 99.8% accuracy , even though, practically all year they have not had the whole team that was preseason run away favorites(Most peple seem to forget that) :( with that team, i'd bet my house's on them with out question. but now, specially with henson hurt(although playable) I'm not sure he will be 100% :(.. I'm still sticking with my Heels. and anyone that has 3 acc teams in the final four, no matter what i may think of them, can't be half bad!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 13th, 2012, 11:35:31 AM
I have Syracuse winning it all over Missouri in both of my brackets. I picked Wichita State to make it to the final four along with North Carolina. I didn't go as bold as last year.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 13th, 2012, 12:07:05 PM
Not saying it will happen, but syracuse better not sleep on uncashville..just saying. course, now i said that out loud, they blow uncashville away lol!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 13th, 2012, 01:07:34 PM
They won't have a problem with them. It is about impossible for a 16th seed to beat a 1. However, I might need to change my pick with Syracuse since Melo is ineligible for the Tourney. I suspect bad grades or something.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:49:31 PM
This almost was Cuse's year again... =/

CMJ
Mar 13th, 2012, 11:35:14 PM
The two comebacks tonight were amazing.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2012, 09:43:40 PM
Two ugly blowouts tonight, South Florida will be tough to play. They play great defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 15th, 2012, 03:59:47 PM
UNC Ashville gave Syracuse a tough game. The referees though screwed them towards the end with a few bad calls, especially that outabounds call.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
UNC Ashville gave Syracuse a tough game. The referees though screwed them towards the end with a few bad calls, especially that outabounds call. yes, they did!! had friends txting me left and right asking how i knew uncash had a chance..my reply.." cause i'm buff and they ain't and besides...I'm 97% of the time right anyway so why the doubt?? ' doe anyone wanna know the BIG upset coming?? :cool:

CMJ
Mar 16th, 2012, 08:23:48 AM
The closest thing we had to a big upset yesterday was VCU. I consider it an upset just because I really liked that Wichita State team, but it's hard to bet against a team who just went to the Final Four either.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:37:15 AM
Witcha State had a very good team so I would consider that a big upset. I suppose some people might consider UConn an upset (only because people were expecting them to play Kentucky). I wouldn't because they were a 9 and this UConn team was a shadow of last years team. They had the talent but they were missing leadership on the court.

CMJ
Mar 16th, 2012, 04:55:01 PM
Norfolk State!

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 16th, 2012, 05:17:19 PM
All i have to say is...my heels looked bad :(... and thanks to the poor officiating in the uncasville/cuse(which i would have gladly sacrificed my bracket wins loss for the opposite ) game..my bracket is.....perfect!! :)..sure ya"ll dont wanna know the next big upset??? :)

CMJ
Mar 16th, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
Dude, you didn't have Norfolk State.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2012, 06:10:40 PM
My bracket is screwed. Norfolk State is a shock. I would have never thought they would hang with Missouri's offense. I figured a big rebounding team would be the best to stop them. I like the Marquette-Murray State winner now out of this part of the bracket.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2012, 07:41:00 PM
Lehigh and Ohio, wow 2 #2 seeds go down in the same day. And I think this is one of the biggest upsets in the tournament history. Michigan losing to Ohio was a big upset as well.

CMJ
Mar 16th, 2012, 07:58:38 PM
I think Mizzou was the bigger upset in terms of this year (I saw many people predicting a early Duke exit...just not THIS early...wheras I saw many people predicting Mizzou to make the Final Four), but the Blue Devils are the bigger story considering the history of their program.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2012, 09:02:49 PM
Yeah true, I think the sense it is bigger is because of their history. Missouri was the better team and the had ability to go further in the tournament.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:25:37 PM
South Florida and Xavier pull off two more upsets for 7 today. It was a wild day.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
No upsets today, but several very good games. The Wisconsin-Vanderbilt game was probably one of the best of the day along with the Marquette-Murray State and VCU-Indiana. Too bad Murray and VCU couldn't pull them out. However, Marquette still impress me and I could see them in the final four now that Missouri is gone.

CMJ
Mar 17th, 2012, 10:40:40 PM
Man, I really thought VCU had their game won. My bracket is so trashed right now. I'm 37th out of 40 in my group's contest. :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:58:28 PM
Most of the games were pretty good on Sunday, although only two upsets with NC State and Cincinnati advancing over higher ranked teams. I guess Ohio was a slight upset.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:31:08 AM
Syracuse and Louisville, screwed up my perfect baracket!!....Mizz over rated all, year. a kelly less duke was a no brainer, fact is kelly playing, duke still dancing, lehigh did not beat the full duke team, so as far as i'm concerned and as everyone else should be..it wasnt an upset. Now the only thing that really matters is my Heels and Marshal's injury :(.... like duke, unc needs all their players to go all the way...specially kendall.they have been playing short handed all year and with henson still not 100% and even if kendall plays, he'll be lucky to be at 50% of what he is capable of. This is the time of year that, if roy williams thinks his team can win it all, plays their all (the regular season is just an interference) so I hope barnes and the rest step up to at least make it to the final 4 :(..but i aint hopeful

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:39:19 AM
finally, and i forget which show it was( i rarely watch sports programs unless they talking about the Heels) but i have been screaming how bad the officiating has been all year and how horrid it has been during tourney. I have never seen it this bad on either. They need and should start holding the officials accountable and make them have press conferences after the game and allow the coaches and players speak of the officiating without penalty. no official is going to get everything right..aint going to happen..but when you see sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many blown calls right in front of their faces, somethings wrong. and anyone who doesn't think these guys cant be bought and are not bought...are delusional

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:38:04 AM
North Carolina is going to have some problems with Marshall hurt. Not sure how he can play with a broken wrist.

CMJ
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:59:57 PM
Florida is maybe the most impressive team left not named Kentucky.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:05:26 AM
Syracuse and Louisville have proved me wrong again , DANG-it !! :(.. i may be a cuse believer before long :( as for my heels, if...if.. the bigs can play at the level i think they can, if unc keeps teams under 30% from the 3"s, and stay out of foul trouble..I still say there is a chance, all though small, they could win it all. one thing i said at the start of the year was that unc would sandbag the regular season til the tourney...time to see if i was right. :/ i aint as high on them as Hubert davis minus marshall, but i like his spirit. As for florida, DAM* good team!!

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:07:16 PM
How do you spell luck? UNC.... they deserved to loose that game, and to be honest, if it were not for the fact that it would have been a history maker had they (and history ain't going to put an Astrix stating marshell didnt play) and the fact that, ohio's coach sound so stupid talking like "we going to shock the world" i wish unc had lost. Unc player HORRID, and fact is ohio, played almost as bad..dont see where they played decent at all! had ohio played like i had seen them before they would have won by 20. Unc, had no heart and were literally giving the game away, and i have nooooo idea what Barnes was doing :(. in unc's defense, Henson is still hurting, he is noooooo where near 100% and favored that hand all night, so I'll give him a lil slack,. fact is, with Marshal out, Henson still not a 100% Kansas(and they aint that good) is going to absolutely destroy unc :(..barring, what i said in previous post :(.. just would have rather seen them loose to another acc team :(

CMJ
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:32:28 PM
Ohio actually played very well - they just couldn't close.

Kentucky looked awesome last night.

CMJ
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:37:44 PM
Gutsy comeback by Louisville!

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:08:01 PM
well, maybe due to being so pro UNC, i couldn't get past their poor play to see ohio's good play, so i'll for sure concede that :/

what the heck is Louisville and Syracuse doing to me !!!!! other than the n.c state Kansas game i have been golden!! except anything dealing with with Louisville and Syracuse!! i'm starting to think that's our match up for it all :(

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:53:18 PM
Louisville had a great comeback. They have been playing great for the last month. Pitino is a heck of a coach. Syracuse played very sloppy in that last five minutes. I am not sure what happened there. It was so much Ohio State's defense but more Syracuse throwing the ball away or just losing the ball. I am sure they missed Melo in that game but still they had a chance but played awful down the stretch.

CMJ
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:42:37 PM
Sullinger could have been neutralized to a large degree by Fab Melo. He's one of the few guys that could scrap in the paint with Sullinger.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:51:35 PM
Yeah that made a huge difference as well. Sullinger played great in the second half. It doesn't excuse the sloppy play down the stretch. Of course, part of that was them having to come from behind, and they have rarely had to do that this year.
Now what will the #1 seeds do tomorrow. Hopefully both of tomorrow's games are just as good as todays.

CMJ
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:09:45 PM
Baylor has the athletes to match up with Kentucky, but I think the Wildcats find a way. I think Kansas wins tomorrow in the other game.

Both games are total toss ups though IMHO.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:39:40 PM
North Carolina really missed Marshall. I think his injury really hurt them against Kansas.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:57:54 PM
So, kansas and their pathetic little fans wanna act like they did something? like they were the underdogs?like they were playing a full strengthed team? people, kansas didnt win CRAP!! First, as stated UNC was undermanned due to injury to their most important player for starters. Now, lets get to the real issue. i personally did have much faith unc would win, due to marshall not playing and i was fine with that fact..but OMG!!!! I did not expect what i saw, and it makes by blood boil. I have complained all year about the officiating and mostly the officiating in the ncaa tourney, but this was the worst of them all. fact: if i see any of the officials from this game, i will...i will, break their jaw. We have enough scum bags in the this world walking the streets as it is, and these p.o.s proved themselves to be scumbags! I'm going to deal with facts..not a fan who's team lost and is upset..facts! if anyone recorded the game, go back and check my FACTS! And if anyone thinks the officials are not bought and paid for, and cant help decide the out come of a game, keep you f"n mouth shut, cause your a moron(when it comes to sports ) again, i f'n dare anyone to prove my facts wrong.

first half calls..or no calls that lead to giving Kansas an un earned..UNEARNED 16 points..16 points, in the first half Kansas did not earn! immediate points.

bullock called for a blocking foul(announcers basically call it).. 1 pts for k.a
Robinson walks(announcers call its)... 2pts ka
zeller called for foul on whithney.. 2 pts for ka
taylor(think) walks( crowd damn well calls it).... 3 pts ka
robinson reach in no call leads to fast.... 2 pts ka
robinson walk(announcers call it...3 pts ka
watts fouled, no call. 3 pts ka

and those were just the first half, calls/no calls. i didn't keep up with it in second half, but it was just about as bad, but by then, i knew what was going to happen.. oh, and fyi..unc got 1..1...1.. questionable call, called their way that led to no points lol !!! I'll say it again, the officials are bought and paid for, think I'm crazy, come say it to my face...better yet, re watch the game..then, have the manhood to come say it to my face. fact is, unc with Marshall would have lost, you cannot beat any team that the officials are favoring..aint going to happen. unc gave a valiant effort, and i feel, the last 3 min or so, they gave up and i for one, DONT BLAME THEM!!

So rock chalk!! (whatever that crap means) all you want, cause i'd be ashamed, not proud to be a Kansas player, coach or fan..bottom line, if i played micheal jordon in a game, and he had a fractured leg, and the officials were calling the game my way, I'd get the most points, but i wouldnt win crap!! I just got a txt from a duke fan, who hates..hates hhhhhaaaaatttttteeeeeesssssss unc and i quote ' wish i could get F*cked as good as the heels' "....now, that's a fact!!!

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:59:57 PM
oh, and don't think Baylor didn't get a lil piece of that "officiating goodness" either :(

CMJ
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
Whining about officiating when you're a historical blue blood program, is bush league. UNC, Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, and Indiana all get more calls than they should....according to like....everyone not a fan of those schools. It's just the way it is. When you have to play each other you see how the general populace feels most of the time when you play one of the rest of the country.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:02:56 PM
Throw in UConn and Syracuse too because they get those calls as well. But yeah unless it is bad call at the end of the game (like the UNC-Ashville game). I never complain about the officiating.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:13:01 AM
LMBO!! spoken like a true "sheep". That is the world we live in, no one wants the truth. It's funny, being a UNC fan, when i see calls go for UNC that shouldn't, i get just as upset(well almost) oh, well people can have their fiction..I'll stick with facts :)

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:20:55 AM
One call, is enough to turn the tide of a game even if it's not the end game. bad calls, are bad calls(i dislike them all)..my problem is with BLATANT bad calls, everyone makes mistakes..but um, when you make 16 points worth in the first half alone? please...,, your either cheating one way, or your totally incompetent to be an official...that's why, they need to be held accountable , does anyone with an modicum of common sense think thats unreasonable ? i'd actually be all for instant reply for every call...now THAT would be great!

CMJ
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:24:18 AM
Spoken like a sore loser.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:42:58 AM
I really didn't see that many bad calls, and I don't think the refs had it out to cost UNC the game. Why would they? Kansas outplayed NC, especially in the last 5 minutes. I think you could argue Marshall would have made a huge difference, but injuries happen and sometimes there isn't much you can do about them.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
LOL! spoken like someone that knows they are wrong, but just doesn't have the class to admit it. tis a pity, would rather skirt the facts than deal with them, if i were wrong, it would be pretty easy to find out...oh, well :) your getting slack in your old age, was at least expecting a couple of Moron jabs or your stupid buff....or when you going to learn how to type..or something :( well, i do all ways say" the truth always wins out, you just don't always get the satisfaction of gloating about it "

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:11:22 PM
cant say "why" just can only say they did..for money, or just very bad officiating, i dunno..it just was. You say, kansas out played them in last five minutes, i could agree with that, but why did they? If i were a UNC player and was seeing how the calls were "obviously going' you then are forced to play a different..if you know that if you, even look like you touched a player, and the officials are going to make the call..what do you do, your screwed... re watch the game! and without that 16 point advantage at half time?? that 5 mins wouldn't have meant a whole lot :/

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:13:25 PM
And to say you didn't see any bad calls??? when the announcers say. that kansas got a way with two walks.. and the announcers were right..come on, you couldn't missed that :/

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:16:20 PM
Bullcrap, if there was any truth to your statements you would see it reported by the media. I don't see Dick Vitale (who is the most biased person for the ACC) say anything negative about the referring or any of the other ACC biased people at ESPN. They all either say Kansas outplayed them or they really missed Marshall. I am a fan of neither team, and I didn't think the officiating was that bad at all. You have to admit you are very bias to your team so that is making a big difference.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:18:29 PM
And to say you didn't see any bad calls??? when the announcers say. that kansas got a way with two walks.. and the announcers were right..come on, you couldn't missed that :/

Not calling walks are becoming very common now. I have seen them miss those calls a lot lately. They seem to be following the NBA in overlooking players taking steps when they go to the basket.

CMJ
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:52:13 PM
Tyler Hansbrough walked every time he touched the ball for four years.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:05:42 PM
Bullcrap, if there was any truth to your statements you would see it reported by the media. I don't see Dick Vitale (who is the most biased person for the ACC) say anything negative about the referring or any of the other ACC biased people at ESPN. They all either say Kansas outplayed them or they really missed Marshall. I am a fan of neither team, and I didn't think the officiating was that bad at all. You have to admit you are very bias to your team so that is making a big difference. did you re watch the game?? if not..,,re watch it, then come back and say that..its that simple.

if you work for comapny x, and your biggest client is company y. you go out and publicly criticizes comapny y, i mean drag them through the mud, how long do you think company x will keep you ?

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:11:00 PM

Not calling walks are becoming very common now. I have seen them miss those calls a lot lately. They seem to be following the NBA in overlooking players taking steps when they go to the basket.
than , that's a blown call...in this game, it lead to 8 immediate points(first half) in favor of kansas. two walks the announcers called it, one the crowd dang well did!..well the unc crowd , and it was obvious. so that's 8 points right there that you would admit could have happened? and you find it hard to believe another 8 points could not have been called by either poor officiating or on purposel ?

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:12:44 PM
Tyler Hansbrough walked every time he touched the ball for four years. lol!! thats BULL CRAP!!!!! it was only 35% of the time!! ;) and i fussed about it every time..fact.
keep skirting big guy :)

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
man I had a long dragged out post and it got,,gone :( now that makes me made...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! and it was actually good :(

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:27:20 PM
Let me rephrase something re watch the game, honestly and objectively....then, you can come back and say "buff, you and your 19and 3/4 inch pythons were right "

CMJ
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:30:28 PM
Dude, it's not like I'm a Kansas fan?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:38:47 PM

I know same here. I am not a fan of either team and was a pretty neutral in this game. I watched most of the game and really didn't see that many bad calls. I think they called the game fairly.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:45:30 PM
Dude, it's not like I'm a Kansas fan? lol!! i'm actually over it now, just bored :) i know what happened...the major fact is Kansas(shouldn't be ) is still dancing. My real, question is ...Lord I'll get it for this, ..if Kentucky does not win, this year and or next and calipari leaves, how many violations will he leave kentucky with or if they win, and he leaves ..i'm telling you, he is dirty. Now, i have a bigger question and i really ...really am not trying to be funny, but when did they let guys play women's college ball?? that's a GUY on Baylor or was..im telling you, I'm 50% sure i saw an Adams apple. not something i'm going to say im 100% right about, but dang! if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, from where I'm from...its a duck!

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:46:47 PM

I know same here. I am not a fan of either team and was a pretty neutral in this game. I watched most of the game and really didn't see that many bad calls. I think they called the game fairly. re watch the game..that is all, i mean.. i really, am over it ..but re watch the game.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:56:22 PM
Dude, it's not like I'm a Kansas fan? lol!! i'm actually over it now, just bored :) i know what happened...the major fact is Kansas(shouldn't be ) is still dancing. My real, question is ...Lord I'll get it for this, ..if Kentucky does not win, this year and or next and calipari leaves, how many violations will he leave kentucky with or if they win, and he leaves ..i'm telling you, he is dirty. Now, i have a bigger question and i really ...really am not trying to be funny, but when did they let guys play women's college ball?? that's a GUY on Baylor or was..im telling you, I'm 50% sure i saw an Adams apple. not something i'm going to say im 100% right about, but dang! if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, from where I'm from...its a duck!

I believe Calipari is dirty, I have a friend who is a Memphis alumni, and he pissed her off what he did to their program. I wouldn't be shocked if they win if the title is vacated in a few years.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:54:08 PM

I believe Calipari is dirty, I have a friend who is a Memphis alumni, and he pissed her off what he did to their program. I wouldn't be shocked if they win if the title is vacated in a few years. glad we agree on that ;) pretty much said the same thing to my brother-in - law, if they were to win.

The Original BuffJedi
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:40:03 AM
just going to show a few clips from the unc duke game that duke won this year, by 1 point with um...wonderful officiating like in the last 3 mins..granted, unc did without a doubt just stop playing, but duke had help..now as soon as someone posts the unc ka game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYYD_VnaBs&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNmjbPsrx0&feature=related

going to also try and find the clip where one of the plum brothers walked right up to the goal and scored..no call... all within the 2 minute time frame.

CMJ
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:45:00 AM
And I am sure Duke fans have made similar videos about UNC. Every fanbase in the country complains about the refs. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.