PDA

View Full Version : The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Captain Untouchable
Feb 25th, 2012, 05:08:53 AM
We already had some footage of this upcoming sequel to Avatar from one of the comic cons...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hmCzmYHHfY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hmCzmYHHfY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

...but now Nickelodeon has graced us with a (dumbed down for kids) trailer as well!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1ftJQmyv5E?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1ftJQmyv5E?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The series is set 70 years after Avatar, and will focus on a steampunk metropolis called Republic City. Korra is from the Southern Water Tribe, and has already mastered three elements: she'll be learning Airbending from Tenzin (voiced by J.K. Simmons!), the youngest son of Aang and Katara. The enemies of the series are a terrorist group known as the Equalists, who use "chi-blocking" (like Suki, maybe?) to take down benders.

It looks like there'll be plenty of nods to the original series: we'll see Toph's daughter as the Chief of Police; Dante Basco will be back to voice a decendant of Zuko; and Eva Marie Saint will be voicing an elderly Katara. Tenzin's family of airbenders (Aang's grandkids) will play a big part too; and we're getting a new pair of siblings, who are both benders but not of the same element (Earth and Fire).

We were only going to get twelve episodes as a miniseries, but Nickelodeon pushed for an extra fourteen; they'll be aired as two separate seasons. I know I haven't been waiting nearly as long for more Avatar as you guys, but I'm really looking forward to this!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:02:38 AM
This looks great :eee

Karl Valten
Feb 25th, 2012, 01:07:13 PM
Fucking sweet!

Though I was hoping to see the old character, got too attached to them. :\

However.....I WANT A POLAR BEAR-DOG!

Captain Untouchable
Feb 25th, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
The Polar Bear Dog is magnificent!

Seeing the old cast would be cool... hopefully we'll get some flashbacks or something to fill in the 70 year gap: it'd be cool to see the adult versions of Team Aang. Part of me is a little glad about new characters though. One of the things I respect about Avatar is that they planned to make three seasons from the get go, and at the end they stopped: they didn't drag it out longer for extra bucks, even though it was easily popular enough to do that.

Is it just me or does Korra look a lot like Katara? It's probably just because they're from the same tribe... but part of me is hoping she has a little Sokka DNA in her. :ohno

Karl Valten
Apr 11th, 2012, 11:41:56 AM
So, I just went through and watched a good chunk of the original on netflix. I keep forgetting how great a show this is.

Anyway, new series premiers in 3 days and I'll definitely be watching.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:30:19 AM
I saw a commercial for the new show and I'm excited for it to start!!!!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 13th, 2012, 02:32:49 PM
I've just watched the first 2 episode of Legend of Korra (Welcome to Republic City / A Leaf in the Wind)... I love Korra :3 and this cartoon.

The whole Avatar universe and the concept of bending is just so cool. It's really interesting to see the changes that the world has undergone since Aang's story ended.

Razielle Alastor
Apr 13th, 2012, 02:38:31 PM
This has been on allllll day at my house. :lol

Very cool :)

Captain Untouchable
Apr 13th, 2012, 02:40:12 PM
I've been saving it for the weekend. The positive comments I'm hearing are making me VERY EXCITED. :ohno

Karl Valten
Apr 13th, 2012, 02:42:18 PM
Where the heck did you guys get a hold of the episodes?

Razielle Alastor
Apr 13th, 2012, 03:17:52 PM
I should rephrase, The Last Airbender has been on all day. They're gearing up for tomorrow. XD

Karl Valten
Apr 13th, 2012, 03:48:40 PM
The first two episodes of the new series are online.

http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav

Captain Untouchable
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:16:38 PM
I've just watched the first two episodes, and am about to watch the third.

All I can say is... wow. They've done a fantastic job of bringing something fresh and new to the story. There's no point me listing everything that was great about it, because I'd pretty much be giving you a transcript of the episodes.

Properly impressed by this!

Karl Valten
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:23:58 PM
. There's no point me listing everything that was great about it, because I'd pretty much be giving you a transcript of the episodes.

A motorcycle chase seen where the good guys are riding a giant polar-bear dog?

Taya Robbins
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:31:33 PM
The villain is impressively creepy and looks like he'll be a formidable opponent in this urban environment. This is going to be a very different kind of foe - a conniver and a chessmaster as opposed to the overwhelming war machine team Aang had to face. It's Avatar meets Batman: The Animated Series! Except not, we seem to be seeing a much more varied and vibrant potrait of Republic City than we ever had of Gotham. I can't wait to see this develop!

Captain Untouchable
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:34:55 PM
. There's no point me listing everything that was great about it, because I'd pretty much be giving you a transcript of the episodes.

A motorcycle chase seen where the good guys are riding a giant polar-bear dog?

The polar-bear dog is awesome.

I love the whole 1930s New York vibe that the city has, complete with gangs, retro cars, airships, and such. The metalbender police is awesome too... and I love how the "power station" is just a bunch of firebenders hurling lightning at some cables. :lol