PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley

d'Art Lefou
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:30:57 AM
Has anyone been watching this? Here in the UK, it's on MTV at 10PM on Mondays.

So far, it's brilliant. It's a spoof documentary following a police force whose duty is to go out and deal with the zombies, vampires and werewolves that have infested San Fernando Valley.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAT6E2lHUUc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAT6E2lHUUc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Crusader
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:29:42 AM
Isn't that the show Buffed Jedi complained about it being a ripp off of his web series?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:09:22 PM
Yes, then he never came back and said more. I was hoping they'd sue. :/

But from everything I've heard about Death Valley it's really good.

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:55:44 AM
yes, yes it is...Patrick, will not pursue a law suit, while I applaud him taking the high ground and all that....crap...it makes me sick that he won't fight for it!!! but, it's his and he has the right. I personally for over a month (and others who i dont even know) called out the "creators" ( i say that mockingly) in every place you could. I have e-mailed spider monkey spank one or whatever his name is, I've blasted the mtv boards and their F.B page, but as cowards do, they have hidden :/ I even had one writer(who is friends with (spider crap) of one of the better known horror sites tell me "well there is nothing original anymore" sooooo just makes the bets product you can. I was like WTFreak??!!!!?? borrowing is cool, cause there is hardly anything original, and Monster cops even says..we borrowed, but " crap valley' stole 80% of monster cops.. if i ever...ever..ever see spider punk, only the sweet Lord will stop me from breaking his spine...or, few body guards with guns lol!

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:58:17 AM
Oh, oh..and spiders friend said" well, spider come up with the idea of " death valley" is 2006" and i replied well,'Monster cops " was out on video in 2006!!!!!!!! have not heard from him since...P.O.Snot!!!!!!

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:58:57 AM
i could go on,........ well actually should see if i still have the e mail.

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 12:20:21 PM
here's the first email and reply...i apologize for some of the crude language...I was HOT!!!!!!!! and irrational...it got worse.. it"s fear net

To:
"'Ric Gaither'" <ricgaither@yahoo.com>

Hey Ric,

Unfortunately there seems to be no more original ideas anymore. Everything
is derivative of everything else. The best thing that you can do is just
worry about your own project being as good as it possibly can be. Let the
fans decide.

S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Gaither [mailto:ricgaither@yahoo.com (http://us.mc1615.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ricgaither@yahoo.com)]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:21 PM
To: unclecreepy@dreadcentral.com (http://us.mc1615.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=unclecreepy@dreadcentral.com)
Subject: Death Valley(raped) Monster Cops

Hi,

For a long time now, Dread central has been a trusted name in horror and
that is why I bring this to you. I am part of a little web-series called
Monster Cops and I have a serious gripe with "Mtv's Death Valley" and I have
no where else to turn at the moment. I personally see it as a Total rip off
of Monster Cops and would like ya'lls opinion on it, I am not against
"borrowing" heck, the greatest movie of all time STAR WARS borrowed, but I
really feel Death Valley butt raped us but good!!!! heck, even the first
three seconds of score on one of their trailers was stolen from Monster
Cops. I trust your opinion on this matter, if you deem it worth looking
into. Thank you for your time..and patience with my awesome typing
skills..lol!

Monstercops.com (http://monstercops.com/)

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 12:23:48 PM
second one, and as you can see, i replied..still being nice and humble..but when he sent back (kicking around since 2006) the gloves came off..

If it makes you feel any better I do know that Death Valley has been kicking around in various forms since 2006. Not sure when Monster Cops dates back to.

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 11:49 AM
To: Steve Barton
Subject: RE: Death Valley(raped) Monster Cops

Hi, Mr.Steve

Thank you for your time!

I totally agree with the no new original material today, it's all seemingly been done, just chaps my Hyde they are acting as if (Death valley) was a fresh Idea of theirs, still feel raped, I guess us little, no budget Indy makers will never get the respect, chance and or notoriety as the money people will...... but i respect your input. Thank you again!!!

Ric

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 28th, 2012, 12:37:18 PM
crap..not finding other e_mails..I'll keep looking :( :( ..plus, in some of the episodes " death valley' has even used some gags used in Monster cops, all so the name..death valley...In monster cops..magic valley... cops, in Monster cops wanted to kill zombie while eating donuts..death valley eating a taco...vampire prostitutes.. anyway, i'm really rambling and i don't have all my info in front of me, so Ill leave it at that and make any corrections (make sure i have my facts str8) later.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:04:31 PM
That's too bad that the lead guy doesn't want to make a big deal about it. I think it is a big deal, and I don't blame you for being so hot under the collar about it. :shakefist