PDA

View Full Version : SWfans Story Circle

Charley
Feb 10th, 2012, 12:11:07 AM
This was an excellent idea by Liz that we kicked around on Facebook, and figured it was worth a share.

Basically we post up stories from our past/childhood/etc. They can be funny, sad, have a message, or whatever. But it should be something personal and from your unique perspective on the world. Kinda like NPR Storycorps if you listen to that sort of thing. Might be a nice window into ourselves. We all know we're creative folks, but might be cool to see a glimpse at what got us where we're currently at.

Charley
Feb 10th, 2012, 12:19:23 AM
Also, if possible, it would be awesome if we could tell these stories in video form. If not, written is fine, but since stories like this usually get passed by oral form, that kinda feels like the spirit to me.

Peter McCoy
Feb 10th, 2012, 07:56:32 AM
That could be really fun. I'd definitely be up for doing it in audio format kinda like a podcast. I'll talk to Droo and see if he'd be interested in a 2-way thing since we live so close and have done so much together.

Vince
Feb 10th, 2012, 10:54:08 AM
I'm in, though I'd have to warm my memory up to the point where I can actually remember stuff beyond glimpses and feelings.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:10:24 AM
I doubt I've got any stories worth telling but I'd love to listen to other peoples :)

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:50:13 PM
We need a common topic for the first round. Any suggestions?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:15:49 PM
I have a few stories I can share. I broke them up into topic-like themes, like Liz suggested. Some of them are super short though, so be warned.

My parents and their younger years/stories I grew up with/my roots:

A dozen donuts (Dad)
Eat your peas (Dad)
That's not Santa (Mom)
A log cabin on fire (Mom)
The Christmas Tree (Mom)

Holidays

How to kill an emu... sort of (Guest appearance by Mitch)
Merry Christmas Mom, ohgodI'mdrunk

Current-ish life

Little angry white girl at Walmart
It was a donation!

I'll get Charley to video me telling whichever stories people pick this weekend :)

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:46:38 PM
All of them, please. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:45:57 PM
Yes, all of them. :)

Glen Fiddich
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:37:31 AM
I'm not sure I have any stories worth sharing. :\

I'll have to wait and see the sorts of things that other people share, and see if that reminds me of anything.

Polly Smithson
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
Why are we not doing this, my chinas?

Right, so. Here we are, assignment #1: Introductions

Q: Why do you think stories are important? Who are you and where did you grow up (tell us a little about it)?

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:59:13 PM
Oh man, the emu... and my fun adventures with the invisible dog run line. and the dent I managed to put in the roof of your dad's truck... from the inside! That was the most memorable Thanksgiving ever. =)

(And I thought *I* was a crazy driver!)