PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Vs. Titanic.... 3D EDITION

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2012, 01:20:09 AM
We've been around so long we're living in the future, folks. It's the Boxoffice showdown for the ages - this year will see the re-release of both Titanic and The Phantom Menace in THE THIRD DIMENSION!

So, which will do better at the boxoffice? How will this affect the over all performance of each franchise? Does anyone else remember when the address to this board was swvstitanic.ezboard.com? (or whatever it was, it was similar to that at least!)

Place your bets now!

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2012, 01:31:59 AM
Hell, I remember when it was on jawafortress.

I don't suspect either will do AWESOME, but will probably do well enough. I read an article a few weeks ago from someone who had seen 20 minutes of the Titanic transfer and was blown away with it - saying it didn't even really look like a transfer, but like it had been shot that way originally.

Crusader
Jan 11th, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
Well half a year ago I would have said I do not really care about seeing SW in 3D but now I really want to see it just to check if there is a chance that a transfer of the OT could really improve the experience.

Actually I have not seen a single transfer so far since I always try to avoid them but if I put faith in any company of getting it right first then it is Lucasfilm/ILM.

Atreyu
Jan 11th, 2012, 05:33:12 AM
Does anyone else remember when the address to this board was swvstitanic.ezboard.com? (or whatever it was, it was similar to that at least!)
I believe it was server2.ezboard.com/swvstitanic. :p And as CMJ mentioned it was Jawa Fortress before that. :angel

All I know is that I want to see Tin Tin in 3D (still waiting on some mates so we can all go together :grumble).

Crusader
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:36:56 AM
Tin Tin was fun. It features an amazing long in one-shot chase sequence.

Plus in the US you will be able to see the Hobbit trailer in 3D!

Dragon
Jan 11th, 2012, 10:29:04 AM
I predict that neither will be getting any of my money!

Tintin does sound like fun, though I'm not sure I'll get the chance to go see it while it's still in theaters.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2012, 12:40:09 PM
We'll end up at TPM 3D, because my husband is an even bigger Star Wars fan than I am (I'm the bigger Star Wars nerd, though). He's never seen Titanic and I'd have to pull an A-Team move and drug him to get him into the theatre, like B.A. and airplanes. Plus we watched the trailer for it in front of MI:Ghost Protocol and I started crying like a baby (hormones, I swear!) so I'll probably just avoid it anyway. ;)

I'm going to say that Star Wars is going to beat Titanic in this showdown.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2012, 12:54:40 PM
I don't think either will make 100 million in the U.S at least (WW it will be a different story). I see both making over 50 million. I give TPM the edge because of the fans.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 11th, 2012, 05:06:38 PM
I know a ton of people who love Titanic to pieces... but I've only seen it once, and didn't really think much of it. But then, I quite often have the experience of movies not living up to the obsessive screaming hype of super-fans, so unless I get in on the ground floor and see something early (pre-hype) I quite often don't... or at the very least wait for the DVD release or network premiere.

With that in mind, I definately won't be seeing Titanic 3D. TPM may well get some of my money, though I may not necessarily see it: my brother-in-law took me to see TPM in the cinema when it first came out, so I'm planning on giving him tickets with inclusive babysitting services so he can take my sister: they don't get out to the cinema much these days.

Whether or not I'll go myself, I'm not sure. I guess there's no point waiting for the DVDs on this, though. :uhoh

The Original BuffJedi
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:41:17 PM
I can not wait to see TPM !!! i could careless about the 3D, I just wanna see a star wars movie on the big screen again!!!! and being that TPM is the second greatest movie ever!!!!...ever!!!!!(behind only rots) i'm so there a minimum of 5 times!! which would bring my tpm theater viewing to 55!!!! so very happy!!! giddy!!! happy!!!!!!!! happy buff dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanis Prent
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:42:53 PM
Totally gonna go see Titanic 3D. I can only imagine how much more manicured Billy Zane's eyebrows will look with a little added depth perception!