PDA

View Full Version : Riddick

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2012, 04:03:19 AM
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/01/10/riddick-casts-katee-sackhoff-confirmed/

Battlestar Galactica’s Katee Sackhoff has landed the lead female role in the third Chronicles Of Riddick movie, reports Deadline.

She will play Dahl, a Nordic mercenary tracking Riddick (Diesel), so it sound like the kind of ass-kicking action role her legion of fans will love to see her in.

Production on the sequel resumed recently in Montreal after a two-month break while the film was dealing with some money issues (like so many other films at the moment). Sackhoff had been rumoured to be in line for the role for a while.

In the third film, which is again being directed by David Twohy, Riddick (Diesel) is betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet where he fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.

Crusader
Jan 10th, 2012, 05:34:55 AM
I did know that this movie was green lighted by the studio but I did not know that it was already in full production.

I guess I will have a nerdgasm when I see my favorite female sci fy actor clash with my favorite male.

I am really looking forward to this movie.

BTW isn't it Chronicles of Riddick 2 not 3 since Pitch Black was just a prequel?

Captain Untouchable
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:59:26 AM
BTW isn't it Chronicles of Riddick 2 not 3 since Pitch Black was just a prequel?

Pitch Black was made first, so it can't be a "prequel"... so technically, the new movie would be Pitch Black 3.

I think casting Katee is part of an ellaborate experiment. Claudia Black was in the first Riddick movie: I think they're trying to see if it's possible to get that much badass within the same franchise without making the universe explode.

Possible universe destruction is the only justifiable reason I can think of for there not being a badass action heroine blockbuster with Aeryn and Starbuck in it. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2012, 09:16:01 AM
Apparently it's actually going to be called just 'Riddick'

Crusader
Jan 10th, 2012, 09:17:21 AM
I was refering to Pitch Black as a prequel like the Hobbit is a prequel to the LOTR although the Hobbit was written first. So my statement is purely based on narration not on production chronology.

Xel-Naga
Jan 10th, 2012, 11:34:54 AM
Riddick is a good title. Confusing to some, perhaps, but better than The Chronicles of Riddick II: Resharpened. Although, such a straight to the point title makes me think it's a final installment. Regardless, I am incredibly excited for this. I am a huge fan of the Riddick movies. They have been incredibly entertaining so far. Even the animated one was good fun. I am not so familiar with the video games, but I have only ever heard good things about them.

I'll watch anything with Vin Diesel in it. Mmm.

Crusader
Jan 10th, 2012, 11:44:02 AM
Working title is The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking

Captain Untouchable
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:33:28 PM
I was refering to Pitch Black as a prequel like the Hobbit is a prequel to the LOTR although the Hobbit was written first. So my statement is purely based on narration not on production chronology.

To use a Princess Bride quote - I do not think that word means what you think it means. :)

A prequel has to be made after the original, but has to take place earlier chronologically. So, the Hobbit movie is a prequel to the LOTR movies - because it was made later, but set earlier - but the Hobbit book is not a prequel to the Lord of the Rings novels. A New Hope is not a prequel to Empire Strikes Back... it's just the "previous installment".

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:35:07 PM
SEMANTICS. We are not having an debate about semantics because that would be hopelessly boring and off topic.

Working title is The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking

Really? I can't tell whether I like that or think it sounds... cheesy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
I like the Riddick character. :) Pitch Black was amazing.

Xel-Naga
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:39:35 PM
Very Cheesy. I say just go with "Riddick" It gets straight to the point.