PDA

View Full Version : Winter's Random Thoughts.

Pages : [1] 2

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2011, 08:19:39 PM
333 posts is enough posts.

Go away bug. I will defeat you with sleep.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:34:54 AM
gimme dat job :ohno

Crusader
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:28:35 AM
Jenny you did your best and you will see everything will be fine in the end. Hell you have now beaten everyone except for 6 other people or even more. Someone ,who is as passionate about games as you, are should definetly get a job like this.
Last year around that time I got lucky with my job offer as well so you can do that!!!

Captain Untouchable
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:25:33 AM
I know this screenshot exists.

I've seen it.

Okay, so I could just roll backwards three meters on my chair, grab the DVD, drop it in the drive and take the screenshot for myself. But I know the internet has it somewhere.

DAMN IT INTERNET GIVE ME WHAT I WANT. :mad

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Eeeeee, DEER!

So cute and yet so tasty looking, all at once. :yum

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:43:50 PM
It is what it is.

Peter McCoy
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:47:12 PM
Paul McCartney concert was awesome! What a way to end a tour in your hometown! Fucking legend without peer!

Rutabaga
Dec 21st, 2011, 09:31:12 AM
I'm tired of working for crazy bitches who constantly tell me how to do my job and criticize me for not doing it the way they want it done without ever having done the job themselves. They are living in a damn fantasy world where their goals are impossible.

Yes, I am in a bad mood. :grumble

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 21st, 2011, 11:39:15 AM
Sweet beats in da MRI

Peter McCoy
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:00:05 PM
I'm tired of working for crazy bitches who constantly tell me how to do my job and criticize me for not doing it the way they want it done without ever having done the job themselves. They are living in a damn fantasy world where their goals are impossible.

Yes, I am in a bad mood. :grumble

Stick it to The Man!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Dec 21st, 2011, 10:06:50 PM
First true martini of the season has been consumed. Life is good.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:21:23 AM
"This server will be shutting down for maintainance in 10 minutes. Check the Forums for details."

"SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance."

What's the point of directing me to your website, if your website will also be offline? :cyduck

Cirrsseeto Quez
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
The Winter Car Curse continues....FUCK

Somebody just bring me alcohol ok?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:26:29 PM
Shit, what now?

Cirrsseeto Quez
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:31:53 PM
Every winter I have an accident or some kind of collision. It's happened without fail since 2008. Some doucher side-swiped me in the parking lot yesterday it seems. I didn't find out until I plucked the Tuscaloosa PD case # card out of my wiper blades today and called. They asked about the collision, I went outside, and saw my scuffed paint.

Bleh.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:28:20 AM
Out of the saw shop and into weaving support :D and not only that, but I get to go home early :eee

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:59:50 AM
Early finishes ftw! Now, lesse if I can kick this cold to avoid being sick the entire time I'm off work...

Park Kraken
Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:19:56 PM
I feel fortunate that the only thing stolen from me so far this year is a single parking space.

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:25:11 PM
half a middle finger, one index finger, a thumb... and all the finishing to do?

Yeah... I got this. >_>;

Crusader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:28:20 PM
half a middle finger, one index finger, a thumb... and all the finishing to do?

Yeah... I got this. >_>;

Sounds like you are working on one of those Saw assignements.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:21:26 PM
Have had a song / tune / thing stuck in my head all night. Have been trying frantically to remember what it is, so that I can listen to it in full and help it escape from my brain.

I have just realised it is from the soundtrack of Power Rangers: The Movie. >_<

Cirrsseeto Quez
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:24:46 PM
Making my first apple pie. I'm not much of a pastry person so this ought to be interesting!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:14:02 PM
Too many sketchbooks, not enough shelf space >_<

Kyran O'Hurn
Dec 24th, 2011, 01:34:44 AM
Good night with good friends, new and old.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 24th, 2011, 08:08:49 AM
A White Christmas would wipe out most of the vegetation. I still wish it was 20* colder.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:06:02 PM
Put a video up on Facebook of the alien baby in my tummy. Six days until she comes out...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:16:01 PM
I just watched that. It's really surreal in a way, lol.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:38:37 PM
You should feel it from the inside :x

Just kidding, feeling the baby move is my favorite part, but if she's pummeling me down low there are round ligaments down there that can quite literally take your breath away. And right now it's like I'm Stretch Armstrong, or something.

Charley
Dec 24th, 2011, 07:34:18 PM
Made browned butter sugar cookies. They're the most stupidly unhealthy things on earth. Aside from the questionable nutritional value of vanilla extract, not a single ingredient classifies as wholesome. Fat, carbs, sugar, and salt. There's not even *water* in the recipe.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 25th, 2011, 10:56:24 AM
Today's brain-fuzzled thought: was Bilbo's trip in The Hobbit really "An Unexpected Journey"?

I mean sure, the dwarves showing up was pretty unexpected. But he did know about the journey before it started. It's not like he woke up one morning and suddenly was all "Holy crap I'm on a horse! Where am I going?"

I guess The Hobbit: A Journey With Little Prior Notice isn't quite so catchy. :\

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 25th, 2011, 10:31:49 PM
Dr. Who has been invaded by the Brotherhood of Steel... And they painted their armor... Yellow?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 25th, 2011, 10:47:25 PM
Today has been a good day.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 26th, 2011, 12:12:41 AM
Dr. Who has been invaded by the Brotherhood of Steel... And they painted their armor... Yellow?

...Bill Bailey is a member of the Brotherhood of Steel? :|

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 26th, 2011, 05:15:34 AM
How much mucus can one human body produce? Fffffffffffff

Sanis Prent
Dec 26th, 2011, 07:33:27 AM
Next Christmas we're only serving health food. Holy shit I am tired of sweets

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:59:04 AM
Balls to that! The meaning of Christmas is getting bloated and tired from eating too many roast dinners.

Park Kraken
Dec 27th, 2011, 04:28:23 PM
This year's feast was the usual course of Sauerbraten Roast with Gingersnap Gravy, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Heart Attack Mac, Stuffing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Fruit Salad, and a Vegetable Tray with Red Velvet Cake and Cheesecake for Dessert. I plead guilty to stuffing myself too full on three counts, and also on three counts of toiletslaughter in the 2nd subsequently. I am currently awaiting a verdict of a lot of exercise.

Avis Satyra
Dec 28th, 2011, 04:20:09 AM
After playing several female characters with a variety of body types, I think I can safely say that the person did the character modelling for Star Wars: The Old Republic was definately an ass-man.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 28th, 2011, 11:33:02 AM
Even the male characters have asses worthy of a DAT ASS macro.

At least Gunner does, anyway :hat

Cor Leonis
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:15:30 AM
:|

Not only is the female Smuggler voiced by the Russian/Wind Planeteer from Captain Planet... the African/Earth one was voiced by LeVar Burton. Oh, and said female Planeteer is also Phil and Lil from the Rugrats. And Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Mind = Blown. :cyduck

Edit:

In other words, I just realised that the song I've been humming to myself while running around Coruscant shooting things is the theme from Mass Effect. >_<

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:26:45 AM
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Bryna Belargic
Dec 29th, 2011, 12:14:49 PM
Get in there you big.. furry oaf! I couldn't care less.. what you smell!

Dragon
Dec 30th, 2011, 12:07:20 AM
That video ruined my ability to hear the Superman theme without hearing those lyrics in my head.

Crusader
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:59:40 AM

Muhaha Somebody has been watching big bang theory :D

Cor Leonis
Dec 30th, 2011, 04:00:29 AM

Muhaha Somebody has been watching big bang theory :D

Someone told me the other day that I'm "Like Sheldon, only with less autism."

I'm not sure if it was a compliment or not... :uhoh

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2011, 05:13:32 AM
That video ruined my ability to hear the Superman theme without hearing those lyrics in my head.

I have his problem with every theme tune featured in that video.

Kiss a wookiee, kick a droid, fly th falcon through an asteroid!

Peter McCoy
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:46:55 AM

I have his problem with every theme tune featured in that video.

Kiss a wookiee, kick a droid, fly th falcon through an asteroid!

This is one of my favourite video's online!

Long. Time ago. Far. Far away! Long. Time ago. Far. Far away...

Love it!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2011, 02:54:10 PM
So, no baby today as planned before, baby sometime in the next 1-3 weeks instead.

I am spending a lot of time trying really hard not to be irrationally angry at everyone and everything. Sometimes rationally angry, too. Still. Thankfully we get to go on a date tonight and take advantage of the babysitter we had lined up for the induction that will not be happening.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:50:00 PM
Rhakgouls and Nexu?

Taris is a planet of nightmares. :ohno

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2011, 05:12:15 PM
I am stuffed full of delicious sushi :yum

Cor Leonis
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:34:43 AM
Him: "Assumé? Is that an anime character or something?"
Me: "...that's the word 'assume'."
Him: "Oh."

>_<

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:14:25 PM
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Cor Leonis
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:12:10 PM
Sorry, this blog address is not available
Please consider one of the following:
captain-untouchable
cuntouchable

Uhm... :uhoh

Peter McCoy
Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:51:59 AM
Worst. Rain. Ever.

Droo
Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:46:27 AM
Jenny, that is the most winningest avatar ever!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:25:18 PM
I know :swoon:

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:15:16 PM
Ugh. No more crap food.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
It's actually kinda cold here. It's the wind, though, which is the real "problem".

Nínim
Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:00:56 PM
To the Professor!

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 4th, 2012, 12:08:34 PM
Happy late Christmas, New Year, etc etc!

Back from Botswana after getting camp set up and preliminary boundaries tracked into the satellite program. It's exhausting and wildly beautiful work and I can't wait to get back to it, though preferably once I've shaken this current so-thickly-dizzy-with-fatigue-I-will-faceplant-into-a-hobo's-crotch-for-sleep jetlag. :)

Anyways, I'm back in Hawaii for two weeks to sort out last minute details with selling my house (finally!!! it sold!!!!) and then it's back off to work until September, then October 19th I'm on a boat for three weeks to Civitivecchia (sp?) so that I can bum around before heading to the UK for the holiday season. Christmas in Durham! Fanatical stalking in my jersey in Liverpool! Drinking everrrrywhere!

Anywho, love you all so very much and hope you're doing well. Here's wishing a bright and fulfilling 2012 to all. :hug

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2012, 12:46:17 PM
Liz! :hug good to see ya.

Christmas in Durham? For reals? You know that is just up the road from me, right?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 4th, 2012, 01:37:21 PM
Liz!!! :hug

Miss you tons! So glad you're doing great :D If you're available, we're doing Dragon*Con again this year and a weeklong party at the house afterward, plus going to an Alabama game :D We'd LOVE to have you out again!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:23:27 PM
Yay you didn't get eaten up!

Boo, you're not coming to visit me anymore. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:24:05 PM
PS anyone replying to Liz's text, you are also somehow sending your replies to my phone too!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:26:32 PM
Yah, I figured that out after my initial one, lol. Since she sent a group text, all replies go to everyone, just like a reply-all email. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
Incidentally, I didn't even receive the initial text so I just got your reply and was like ... :huh

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:48:04 PM
Boo I will not be able to make Dcon as I will still be in Botswana and then ZOOM, getting my European rambler on =(

Jenny, we will party, yes? Apparently it's ridiculously cheap to catch a bus from Durham. CAN I COUCH SURF? Also owl tats. And France for stick taunting?)

(I'm typing this from an iPad, which is way too high tech and confusing for me, so if this is disjointed it's because I am presently consumed with anxiety and frothing aversion to this strange mechanical devilry. DNW. D=)

Captain Untouchable
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:53:20 PM
LIZ!!! :glomp

Quick, someone grab some rope! We're going to tie her down, and then...

Uh...

Then...

:mischief

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:55:31 PM
Psh, you don't have to tie me down for that. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:56:49 PM
But it's such fun!

Jenny, we will party, yes? Apparently it's ridiculously cheap to catch a bus from Durham. CAN I COUCH SURF? Also owl tats. And France for stick taunting?)

Durham is about 30 mins away from the toon so you can get here super cheap/fast on bus or train. Couch surfing is mandatory.

Owl tats and French stick taunting... oui oui mademoiselle.

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 4th, 2012, 04:05:35 PM
SO excited. I basically have no time constraints other than having to be in Durham for Xmas and in Germany by March. Freestylin', yo: it's not just for in the bedroom.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2012, 04:40:17 PM
Ty's been puking off and on since the middle of the night and my due date is Friday. Hope I don't get sick. Hope I don't go into labor while HE is so sick.

Really hope the kids don't get sick.

:cry

Morgan Evanar
Jan 4th, 2012, 10:56:12 PM
Fingers crossed...

Crusader
Jan 5th, 2012, 03:55:44 AM
SO excited. I basically have no time constraints other than having to be in Durham for Xmas and in Germany by March.

Where to in Germany Liz? If you make it into the south and have some extra time we can definetly arrange something.

Zenas Codrey
Jan 5th, 2012, 12:45:35 PM
And we're writing again! I hope I can make it last.

Peter McCoy
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:37:16 AM
Posted by Simon Pegg on Twitter 15 hours ago:

"Right, I'm off to work and when I say work, well, you know what I mean. *stands on pad, is enveloped in a spiral of luminosity, disappears*"

:D

Droo
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:22:02 AM
Farewell, Bob Holness. :(

Vince
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:43:44 AM
Sometimes, I hate waking up.

And what I've written so far of Alderaan's Ashes is apparently reminiscent of Arthur Clarke. Awesome!

Captain Untouchable
Jan 6th, 2012, 11:50:08 AM
Posted by Simon Pegg on Twitter 15 hours ago:

"Right, I'm off to work and when I say work, well, you know what I mean. *stands on pad, is enveloped in a spiral of luminosity, disappears*"

:D

I know that there's an entire cast of people, and that Scotty spends most of his time in the engine room... but I can't help hoping there's a Shaun of the Dead versus Sherlock scene in Star Trek 2. :ohno

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 7th, 2012, 12:47:41 AM
SO excited. I basically have no time constraints other than having to be in Durham for Xmas and in Germany by March.

Where to in Germany Liz? If you make it into the south and have some extra time we can definetly arrange something.

Freiburg? Frieburg? I always forget which one. Right outside Frankfurt. I will definitely have time, mate! As it stands right now, I've got my passage to Italy bought and paid for, arriving 10 November. I expect to be in Switzerland from about the 16/17th - 23rd/24th, then I drive over to Germany and am there until... 18th December? 19th? Something like that, I'll check my flight. From there it's to London (hotel paid for today!) to meet up with fam and such until the 21st, at which point I nip down with a mate to Durham to hole up for the holidays, then to darling Jenny's and somewhere between there and March (back in Germany) there is France, Wales, Ireland, anywhere the wind takes me.

And then possibly back to the UK for May and then back to Germany in June for keepsies. Unless the jobs in the Ukraine and/or Prague work out, in which case Germany for the summer and then there in the fall.

Oy. :D

Crusader
Jan 7th, 2012, 05:16:30 AM
If you mean the Freiburg im Breisgau that is like a 2 hour drive away from Frankfurt. That would be cool since I have family there.
Frankfurt itself is just a 1 hour drive away from Martina's place.

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:40:14 AM
Excellent, we shall all definitely have to get together! If it's more convenient for me to meet you guys somewhere else, I can. My German mama has decreed that I'm hers for March (she does it in the sweetest way possible but there is no mistaking that it's an order ;)) but my plans are very, very malleable.

In civilized news, Cuban espresso, water from the tap, vegetables other than tubers and field greens: I will miss you all so very, very much. :cry

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2012, 01:30:30 PM
Cuban espresso

Normal espresso made by a guy named Jose?

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 8th, 2012, 12:24:03 AM
Nein, es ist kubanisch Espresso in einer kaffeemaschine auf dem Herd gemacht.

...I feel like that`s wrong somehow.

BUT ANYWAY. Cafe Braselo, I think is the brand? Super strong andutterly addicting when made in a stovetop percolator. ;)

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:19:47 AM
I lied! I think it`s Cafe Bustelo.

It`s reminiscient of boobs in <i>some</i> way.

Crusader
Jan 8th, 2012, 04:15:09 AM
Let me fix this for you (© by Jace)

Nein, es ist kubanischer Espresso, weil er in einer kaffeemaschine auf dem Herd gemacht wird .

Do you think she noticed that she switched languages?

Captain Untouchable
Jan 8th, 2012, 04:32:49 AM
My dad and I just spent the last hour texting terrible food puns to each other. I really am turning into him.

Oh crumbs. :ohno

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 8th, 2012, 07:44:21 AM
Penfold!! :eee

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2012, 02:36:46 PM
Learning how to make rugbrřd. Kinda complicated.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 9th, 2012, 07:29:46 AM
Writing mojo... Where did you go? :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2012, 07:34:02 AM
^ :shakefist fiiiind iiiit

Kyran O'Hurn
Jan 9th, 2012, 07:35:59 AM
Writing mojo... Where did you go? :ohno

I think it ran away with mine to build snowmen....

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2012, 10:34:39 AM
Making a list of places. Got phone numbers to call.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2012, 05:35:26 AM
I forgot how amusing Summer Glau's attempt at a cockney accent is

Peter McCoy
Jan 10th, 2012, 05:58:04 AM
Farewell, Bob Holness. :(

WTF!? That's shit, that is! What a legend! RIP mate!

Captain Untouchable
Jan 10th, 2012, 09:02:21 AM
Someone pointed out to me today that it is more socially acceptable to be a Justin Bieber fan than it is to be a science fiction fan.

The world is way fucked up. :(

Crusader
Jan 10th, 2012, 09:11:55 AM
Someone pointed out to me today that it is more socially acceptable to be a Justin Bieber fan than it is to be a science fiction fan.

First Twilight and now this heresy. Jace by posting this you defile this sacred ground...:twak

Now we will have to sacrifice 2 kitties and a womp rat to purify this thread again. :angel

Peter McCoy
Jan 10th, 2012, 09:15:22 AM

The world is way fucked up. :(

Should repost that as "Someone talked a load of shit today!"

Morgan Evanar
Jan 10th, 2012, 10:29:54 AM
Maybe if you're 12 and a girl.

I fucked up my left shoulder this past weekend ow ow ow ow ow.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 10th, 2012, 12:56:46 PM
Try reading what I actually said, not what you think I said. ;)

I never said that I liked Justin Bieber - and neither did he. It was just a comment on society, particularly in this country. People can go out to scream and shriek at a Justin Bieber concert, and can buy his stupid face plastered across everything: but if you walk up to the counter with a Star Trek calendar or talk about going to a scifi convention, and people look at you like you're a freak. Remember: we don't have big ComicCon type conventions in this country, so convention-going isn't quite as widespread an activity as it might be in America.

Liking Bieber is not acceptable to me personally, but it certainly seems to be acceptable as far as society is concerned.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:17:31 PM
I don't know anyone who thinks Bieber is acceptable, outside of if you're a teenage girl :P and no, most of the people I know aren't geeks. Outside of you guys, I interact with very few geeks on a day-to-day basis.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:22:06 PM
What's not to like about the Bieber? :swoon:

No, seriously. I mean, I'm not a screaming fan and I could probably count the songs of his that I could actually identify on two fingers, but the kid is nice and wholesome and talented. If pre-teens have to crush on someone famous (and they do), Bieber is a pretty good target. Don't be a hater! ;)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 10th, 2012, 04:27:35 PM
I'm not, but as an Adult Male he is just not worth any attention. Me liking nerdy things as an adult is way more acceptable than liking the Beebs, which was my point.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:41:42 PM
Now if you want to swoon, try the Backstreet Boys. :swoon:

Crusader
Jan 11th, 2012, 03:02:32 AM
Now I can officialy claim that video games killed my sanity. Today at work I caught myself pressing I for inventory because I wanted to pull something out of the "My Documents" folder...

...beware you infidel since I will be using my Excel list +5 on your warlock report.

Hobgoblin
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:49:23 AM
What's not to like about the Bieber? :swoon:

No, seriously. I mean, I'm not a screaming fan and I could probably count the songs of his that I could actually identify on two fingers, but the kid is nice and wholesome and talented. If pre-teens have to crush on someone famous (and they do), Bieber is a pretty good target. Don't be a hater! ;)

Nice, wholesome, talented, and utterly boring. He hasn't grown past typical pop themes. When/if he shifts gears like Justin Timberlake did, I think he'll be poised to be something rad. Just depends on what he wants to do with his adult life.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2012, 12:45:14 PM
haha, guys, guys, I didn't say *I* love him. I'm indifferent. I'm just saying, he's a necessary evil. Or necessary good? Boring and bland is what I'd want in my girls' teenage idol, for realsie.

Vince
Jan 11th, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
Gah, I think perhaps you guys' writing mojo decided to crash at my place. I gots ideas flowing left and right up in here.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2012, 01:26:17 PM
3-11 permanent. Sucks, but gotta be done :(

Hobgoblin
Jan 11th, 2012, 03:33:52 PM
haha, guys, guys, I didn't say *I* love him. I'm indifferent. I'm just saying, he's a necessary evil. Or necessary good? Boring and bland is what I'd want in my girls' teenage idol, for realsie.

Last time I checked, no one said you loved him. Someone expressing an opinion different from yours does not automatically translate to a personal description or criticism of you.

That said, I view him as neither necessary nor good. Talented, yes, but not good.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2012, 03:54:01 PM

Last time I checked, no one said you loved him. Someone expressing an opinion different from yours does not automatically translate to a personal description or criticism of you.

That said, I view him as neither necessary nor good. Talented, yes, but not good.Hi, Brian is channeling my opinions at the moment on this topic and I may as well just say that I echo his.

Dragon
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:27:40 PM
The prevalence of Bieber in this thread is making me question whether these thoughts truly are random! Have we conducted due diligence to ensure a random distribution? How can we generalize across the population of winter thoughts without a truly random sample aaaaaaahhhh!!!

Vince
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:32:12 PM
We have to get some sort of central authority to oversee the distribution of Randomness.

WE ARE THE 66.66666%! SHARE THE RANDOMNESS!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2012, 03:16:27 PM
Here, look at this tiny frog! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16491477

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 12th, 2012, 08:39:25 PM
That reminds me of the tiny baby frog that Fitz and I found late one night after returning from the toilet (look, we lived in an open-air house in the bush with a Xhosa housekeeper, going anywhere in the dark was a two-man job unless you wanted to be eaten by the Tokoloshi.) We were so delighted and provided a lovely home for him in a water glass so that we could properly enjoy him the next day.

Alas, we did not think to put any sort of landscape in the glass. Poor chap drowned. The sight of his microscopic corpse floating in lazy circles on the surface of the water, wee limbs akimbo in frozen desperation, is one that will forever haunt us. :(

Captain Untouchable
Jan 12th, 2012, 08:45:02 PM
Here, look at this tiny frog! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16491477

That's not a tiny frog... it's just sitting on a giant coin.

Bloody scientists and their optical illusions. :shakefist

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:07:17 AM
I feel I need to state that the Bieber-chat on my part was partly tongue in cheek and meant to be amusing ...and I certainly don't feel like I need to be told that other people are allowed to have opinions. Like, really?

Anyway I'm having my baby on Saturday guess I'll see you guys around.

Droo
Jan 13th, 2012, 05:06:08 AM
I'll be thinking of you guys on Saturday, Hol. I was going to offer you well wishes but I'm not quite sure what is considered appropriate etiquette when it comes to baby-birthing, I'm hardly an expert, and you're practically a seasoned pro so I'm sure you hardly need any such well wishes, but nevertheless, the sentiment is there. Sentiment here, all up in this post! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Baby! :D

Crusader
Jan 13th, 2012, 05:52:02 AM
I hope you have a "calm" and easy birth, Holly. After all the third one should be a walk in the park by now ;)

We will be all looking forward to baby pictures ... as always!

Be save!

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:11:54 AM
I'm sure you're at the point where you just want the baby out. May your birth be as painless and undramatic as possible.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:45:26 AM
Also I am moving this is happening I have a place wow.

Peter McCoy
Jan 13th, 2012, 12:35:28 PM
Anyway I'm having my baby on Saturday guess I'll see you guys around.

Oh right!? Got it all scheduled in your diary have you? Well I hope the wee bairn arrives promptly and doesn't keep you waiting, lol!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2012, 01:29:38 PM
Some days you fix the looms, and some days the looms railroad you into the ground, beat you with your own tools, then stomp on you a few times for good measure :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2012, 02:51:37 PM
Also I am moving this is happening I have a place wow.
Awesome! This is your first place, right? So exciting!

Liam Jinn
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:59:15 PM
I wish you a swift labor Mrs. LD :D Congrats!

Captain Untouchable
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
And I wish you a swift Conservative, just to show that we aren't biased towards any particular political parties. ;)

Good luck, Holly - fingers, toes, and a bunch of other appendages crossed for you! :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:31:01 PM
Thanks everyone :) the induction was moved up from 7:30am tomorrow to starting tonight at 8pm, so Olivia will probably be born in the morning tomorrow. I'm sure my FB will have the play by play if you're interested. :)

Captain Untouchable
Jan 13th, 2012, 10:55:20 PM
Samuel T. Anders is hitting on Talia al-Ghul's voice while they're trying to arrest Lois Lane's dad... but he can't, because she's supposed to end up with Mal Reynolds.

Scifi cross-casting in Castle breaks my brain. :cyduck

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 14th, 2012, 12:12:26 AM
Yarnnnnnnnnnn... And wine. Yay Friday :3

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 14th, 2012, 02:16:38 PM
Holy crap, a threeway Twitter conversation between Jenny, Paul Cornell and I.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 14th, 2012, 02:24:16 PM
Truly, a random thing has happened.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 14th, 2012, 04:08:54 PM
Olivia was born at 7:20 this morning. 7lbs 14 oz, 22 1/4 inches long, 14.5 inch head.

She has hair!

Rutabaga
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:46:06 PM
And she's gorgeous! :love

A beautiful new daughter AND the Niners advancing to the NFC Championship game...honey, I think you just had THE BEST DAY EVER. :cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 15th, 2012, 01:12:07 AM
It was a good day :) and it's even starting to snow, lol

Lyanie Quez
Jan 16th, 2012, 03:32:00 PM
Oh, snow. Why can't there be enough snow to make this wussy city shut down so I don't have to bother leaving my house? :|

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 16th, 2012, 03:52:21 PM
We didn't get snow yet but it's soooo frosty right now. Brrrr >_<

Captain Untouchable
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:26:15 PM
More call centres need Geordies in. There's nothing quite as relaxing when you're stressed out about something as listening to a chilled-out Geordie.

They should totally make a stress relief call centre! :o

Crusader
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:57:24 AM
Just a little information/news that might affect you:

Thanks to the proposal of the "Sopa Act" there will be no English wikipedia tomorrow! So look up your stuff today if you need to write a presentation or something like that.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:09:29 PM
I need soap!

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:49:35 PM
I packed my first box.

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:10:54 AM
... is Karl Pilkington real or is this just an elaborate comedy act? o_O

Cor Leonis
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:36:06 AM
Wait. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the kid from Third Rock From The Sun?

How did I not know that? :cyduck

Kyran O'Hurn
Jan 18th, 2012, 07:41:42 AM
Wait. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the kid from Third Rock From The Sun?

How did I not know that? :cyduck

Good question... How did you not know that?

Okay I think I'm done with snow for a while.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:49:32 AM

Nah, he's real.

Crusader
Jan 19th, 2012, 11:34:12 AM
Damn it based on the "adds" facebook is showing me I came to the asumption that facebook thinks I am a moron.

Inyos Aamoran
Jan 19th, 2012, 11:47:02 AM
Huh. I didn't realise that Facebook was so astute.

;) :mneh

Morgan Evanar
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:15:12 PM
I'm nearly packed. Just computers and sheets left.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:52:47 PM
^ Are they going in with other stuff, or are you just going to have a box of sheet?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 19th, 2012, 08:41:51 PM
Sheets and blankets are going to go in a plastic bin with some misc glass items.

Computers are going to ride up in the car with me.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 19th, 2012, 08:52:15 PM

Nah, he's real.

Why is he so addicting?! :ohno

Also.... Can it please actually feel like winter, just a little?
I LIKE seasons, dammit. Eternal Spring is actually dull as hell sometimes... as nice as it is. I just want like... One month of snow on the mountains. That so much to ask for? :(

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 19th, 2012, 10:14:14 PM
I DON'T KNOW, EM. I don't know if I'm comfortable with him being made fun of so much, either, but he's so adorably... Karl. I can't quit him.

(Also, you guys, if you receive a phone call from me when I'm backpacking this fall and I yell CONGRESS TART, you'll know that I'm in danger so please call either the Canadian or South African or Swaziland embassy/ies.)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 20th, 2012, 01:34:39 PM
I'm getting too old to go out drinking on a work night :x

Morgan Evanar
Jan 21st, 2012, 08:25:40 PM
Mostly moved. Free furniture on the way tomorrow.

Crusader
Jan 23rd, 2012, 06:21:31 AM
As I suspected: the product that I design is pure evil.

My inverter features the Group Sauron_Connector in 3D CAD. I guess this machine inverts not only current but also binds our customers in darkness with those connectors!

Sauroun Is Escaping Middle Earth on Sundays (short: SIEMENS).

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 23rd, 2012, 02:47:55 PM
Waited waaaaaaay too long post AM CrossFit class to eat and now I`m so shaky I can`t cook. Mrehhhhhhh holistic cafe, here I come.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 23rd, 2012, 03:08:44 PM
As I suspected: the product that I design is pure evil.

My inverter features the Group Sauron_Connector in 3D CAD. I guess this machine inverts not only current but also binds our customers in darkness with those connectors!

Sauroun Is Escaping Middle Earth on Sundays (short: SIEMENS).

Are you sure that your Sauron inverter doesn't just make him do a handstand?

I always knew the dark lord needed to turn that frown upsidedown.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 23rd, 2012, 03:37:57 PM
I was 157 yesterday afternoon. Today I'm 150. O_O

Trying to eat more but enjoying the weight loss to be sure.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:37:47 PM
What is my brain even

D:

Captain Untouchable
Jan 23rd, 2012, 05:54:39 PM
...shit. I just got caught out using Shania Twain lyrics in an argument.

:uhoh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:22:22 PM
Dear weather,

Get your act together.

Sincerely,
Me

Kyran O'Hurn
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:24:00 PM
Dear weather,

Get your act together.

Sincerely,
Me

Seconded. It's going to be a messy drive to school tomorrow.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2012, 03:31:16 PM

...dare I ask?

Captain Untouchable
Jan 24th, 2012, 05:59:00 PM

...dare I ask?

Something along the lines of... "I've known a few guys who think they're pretty smart... but you've got being right down to an art, haven't you?"

There may have been more, but my lawyer recommends that I not say, for fear of revealing the quantity of Shania Twain lyrics that I may or may not be aware of.

^_^;

Crusader
Jan 25th, 2012, 08:06:11 AM
Damn it, <S>Jones.</S> Thanks to Fallout 3 I have the "Bongo, Bongo, Bongo (I Don't Want to Leave the Congo)" song stuck in my head all day at work.

Actually the song is called "Civilization" and it is a cover by Danny Kaye and the Andrews Sisters.<STRIKETHROUGH></STRIKETHROUGH>

And now I have Power Armor although I think the Chinese Sneak Armor from operation Anchorage is way more badass since it works like a stealth boy when you crouch!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2012, 12:10:25 PM
^ You get a similar stealthy armor in one of the Fallout New Vegas expansion packs! I'm not sure about Fallout 3 though.

And yup, that is one addictive soundtrack.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 25th, 2012, 01:40:12 PM
That song is so terrible, lol. So very very racist

Crusader
Jan 25th, 2012, 07:24:01 PM
I started preparing our next Dark Banana adventure. It is called "The Dust And The Stars".

I am excited for this one and for saturday's session of the Tournament that should find it's conclusion very soon.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:22:30 PM
Ahdurbfudsjkfkgkjd

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:43:42 PM
Oh, what's that? Liverpool beats Man U? That's what I'm talking about!!! The FA Cup is gonna be ouuuurs! Ou baas!

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:54:05 PM
Ahdurbfudsjkfkgkjd

2nded.... Yep

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 30th, 2012, 01:53:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359260170768578.97063.193490777345519&type=1

Pictures of Olivia :)

Vince
Jan 31st, 2012, 11:27:54 PM
Oh my dear lord the difference between this one and the last one is mind blowing. I can definitely get some work done on this!

Rutabaga
Feb 1st, 2012, 12:41:55 AM
I need a new job. Or at least new bosses.

Park Kraken
Feb 1st, 2012, 07:28:48 AM
Tis' getting warm around des parts.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 1st, 2012, 12:49:15 PM
I've been watching Due South today. Is there any way I can swap careers and become a mountie?

Vince
Feb 1st, 2012, 09:00:07 PM
Fuck you too, buddy.

Vince
Feb 3rd, 2012, 07:49:47 PM
Gotta start looking at the local politicians and such; won't be voting for a presidential candidate, so I've got to start fulfilling my civic duties in such a way that doesn't violate my conscience.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 4th, 2012, 04:28:46 AM
How did I accumulate this much useless STUFF

Vince
Feb 5th, 2012, 12:13:10 AM
Gah why are you so difficult to write?!

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 5th, 2012, 12:44:33 AM
I literally just exclaimed "Oh my God!" aloud, this tea is that bloody good.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 5th, 2012, 07:29:26 PM
2 days of painting blargh, tired.

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 6th, 2012, 01:05:32 AM
These bloody sweatpants are too big and keep falling off but they're so warm and comfortable. Also stolen, so maybe I shouldn't complain? :(

Captain Untouchable
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:23:00 AM
Every time I move house, I seem to end up a little bit further south. At this rate, I think I'm going to end up retiring in the Falklands. :uhoh

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 6th, 2012, 08:29:39 AM
Both wine racks are overflowing now! It's a miracle!

Vince
Feb 6th, 2012, 04:23:06 PM
Damn it I don't care about that presentation, leave me alone so I can ask this girl out for once!

Morgan Evanar
Feb 6th, 2012, 05:38:09 PM
Still painting. Mostly done now.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:17:02 PM
Oh Loctite, you're awesome.

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:22:36 PM
A part of me wants to blow my entire tax refund on beer. All of it.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 7th, 2012, 01:07:48 AM
Worf and Cassidy Yates are both in Season 4 of Castle? :cyduck

If Nathan Fillion hasn't managed to sneak in some Deep Space Nine references, he's going to get some strongly-worded tweets. :shakefist

Crusader
Feb 7th, 2012, 02:23:18 PM

Yes, it is.

In other news after a more than 10 hour odysee I have finally reached my hotel in England. Now it us time to get some cider.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2012, 02:31:38 PM
I came up with the idea of making Anna Fernandez pregnant when I was pregnant with Sophie. I wanted to write a pregnant character at the same time as being pregnant. Then everything fizzled and I had Sophie... Then xmen RP came back in a big way at the beginning of last year and then I got pregnant again and then RP fizzled out again. So basically I keep missing the boat, or something. And she's been pregnant for almost three IRL years.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 7th, 2012, 02:33:42 PM
She's gonna pop!

Yes, it is.

In other news after a more than 10 hour odysee I have finally reached my hotel in England. Now it us time to get some cider.

Good call :cool:

Vince
Feb 7th, 2012, 03:35:10 PM
I came up with the idea of making Anna Fernandez pregnant when I was pregnant with Sophie. I wanted to write a pregnant character at the same time as being pregnant. Then everything fizzled and I had Sophie... Then xmen RP came back in a big way at the beginning of last year and then I got pregnant again and then RP fizzled out again. So basically I keep missing the boat, or something. And she's been pregnant for almost three IRL years.

If you want to do some Mutant RPing, Julian and José are still hanging around, somewhere.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 8th, 2012, 02:34:43 AM
Superman is being played by a British person pretending to be an American.

Batman is being played by a British person pretending to be an American.

Spidernman is being played by... well okay, he's got dual-citizenship, but he was raised in Britain and is pretending to be raised-in-America.

There are a bunch of other well-known comic book characters that were played by British people; and that's not getting into the Australians, or the quintessentially American roles outside of comic book movies (other movies, TV, etc). Don't get me wrong: it's great that British people aren't just villains or butlers anymore... but what happened?

Was there a big slump in the popularity of acting as a career in the US about twenty/thirty years ago? Has movie and TV production increased too much for your actor population to keep up? I'm sure there must be a very good (and quite interesting) explanation.

Crusader
Feb 8th, 2012, 06:45:49 AM
This was fun...
Peter: "OK now show me how you would unbox our device."
English coworker unboxes the product without a problem.
Peter: "Yeah but this is not the way our customers will unbox it."
Peter grabs the device in the box and breaks it right infront of a group of 4 people.
Peter: "This is how they will do it." Smart ass smile: "I guess we have a quality issue here."

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 8th, 2012, 03:19:33 PM
*heard faintly in the background* "Go ahead."

"Hi Mama. SAILORS. FIGHTING INNA DANCE ALL. OH MAN! LOOK AT THOSE CAVEMEN GO! IT'S A FREAKIEST SHOW-OW-OW. TAKE A LOOK AT THE... HMMHMM, BEATING UP THE WRONG GUY. OH MAN! WONDER IF HE'LL EVER KNOW. HE'S THE BEST SELLING SHOW. IS THERE LIFE ON MAAAAAAAAAAARS? That's a song. Okay. Um. I love you and today I went to the park with Uncle Rawdy. Okay."

"Say bye."

"Okay bye. Call me later. But later my time because I have to go to bed."

My kid is such a rockstar, I can't even. :love

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 8th, 2012, 05:37:53 PM
Why is it when I know I shouldn't eat sugar it is ALL I want to eat???

Argh.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Feb 8th, 2012, 08:15:59 PM
Making your own alcohol empowers you to some ridiculous factor. I feel like I'm that much closer to checking off everything on my bucket list, or as I call it, living the lyrics to "Country Boys Can Survive" to the letter.

Crusader
Feb 9th, 2012, 04:08:15 AM
OK, you are are an uncooperative smug and you lie us into our faces but you have got a Yorkshire accent so I like you anyway...

Damn it, Jones!

Captain Untouchable
Feb 9th, 2012, 10:11:42 AM
Based on your interest in A Bit of Fry & Laurie, we thought you might like The Mighty Boosh.
No, Netflix. No I might not. :colbert

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 9th, 2012, 12:44:07 PM
Did they just add a whole new slew of action films to Netflix? Cause my recommendations are looking full of Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Van Damme, etc movies

Captain Untouchable
Feb 9th, 2012, 12:58:33 PM
^ Dunno how "new" they are - there were a few Norris / Van Damme things on there when I joined up a couple of weeks ago.

The ratings section is taunting me though: it keeps asking me if I've seen movies that aren't available on UK Netflix. I keep going "Oh, awesome - I want to watch that!" and it isn't there.

Damn you, Netflix. :shakefist

Crusader
Feb 9th, 2012, 06:03:36 PM
The good thing about having a 4 hour delay in Zurich on our business trip is that I am now done with reading the campaign book for the next dark banana adventure: "The Dust and the Stars"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 9th, 2012, 09:16:47 PM
This week has gone by so quickly

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 9th, 2012, 10:43:37 PM
This week has gone by so quickly

Dude, right? Blink and it's nearly Friday. How'd that happen?

Also, I straight up abuse was, ach so, and echt on a daily basis. Pretty much never use the English or Afrikaans variants anymore. My speech is becoming a bizarre amalgamation of languages, hereby referred to as: Afriengelsdeutschcais.

Charley
Feb 10th, 2012, 12:05:30 AM
Maybe I'll sneak a little redneck into your patois. Not rooinek since I ain't a ponce.

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 10th, 2012, 12:07:23 AM
Bring it on. I'll carry some Roll Tide along proudly. :D

Captain Untouchable
Feb 10th, 2012, 02:59:57 AM
I just realised why I recognised Jordan Collier from The 4400.

He's the chuffing Rocketeer. :ohno

My childhood hero is now Jesus. :cyduck

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 10th, 2012, 01:54:13 PM
That reminds me that for some reason, I haven't put my Rocketeer soundtrack on my ipod. I need to fix this very very soon.

Rutabaga
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:06:27 AM
I would really like to have a do-over for today. :\

PS on the love for The Rocketeer...I live in Santa Maria, California, where a good chunk of the first half of the movie was filmed. When the production company was finished, they left something behind for our airport's Museum of Flight....

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/museumofflight5.jpg

Captain Untouchable
Feb 11th, 2012, 05:07:23 AM
^ :eee

I am totally watching the Rocketeer again tonight.

Apparently, it's been long enough since I logged into SWTOR that they decided to send me a "Come Back!" email. Only, they phrased it as if one of my companions misses me. Which, you know. Whatever.

Except they picked Kaliyo. Apparently, Kaliyo misses me.

Now I want to keep not playing SWTOR out of spite. :shakefist

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2012, 05:10:56 AM
I got the same email a few weeks back.. from Khem Val @_@

Captain Untouchable
Feb 11th, 2012, 06:50:50 AM
Something along the lines of "Hulk miss puny human", huh?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2012, 07:08:59 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AkmA-iVCQAA_Jja.jpg

Captain Untouchable
Feb 11th, 2012, 08:17:15 AM
Kaliyo was just doing a stupid pose with her blaster.

Khem Val looks like he wants to eat you. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2012, 08:17:57 AM
That's pretty much what he wants to do most of the time :lol

Emelie Shadowstar
Feb 11th, 2012, 03:05:32 PM
:| My very seriosus Consular who respects the code above all things... Kinda dances like a slut.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2012, 03:07:03 PM
rofl... all Jedi, secretly sluts.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 12th, 2012, 02:55:07 AM
Well duh.

Why else would a lightsaber be that shape? ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 12th, 2012, 03:32:52 AM
I guess that puts a new spin on Maul's double-ended saber.

:x

Regan Altink
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:43:14 AM
Worse - Count Dooku's one is long and curved. :uhoh

Emelie Shadowstar
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:14:40 AM
...I've seen that before. :|

Saidra
Feb 12th, 2012, 03:28:53 PM
Banana bread beer :3

Rutabaga
Feb 12th, 2012, 03:44:26 PM
It sucks watching your parents age.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2012, 05:10:57 PM
Methinks I need to find a way for Jace to meet my mom for good sweet Bowen treatment.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:23:46 AM
I have no idea what a Bowen treatment is, but one of my school friends had a horse called Bowen and now I'm kinda scared. :uhoh

Charley
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:36:35 AM
Bowen's great. You're put on a bed with serene music playing and a lot of aromatic oils to set the mood, then somebody sneaks in the room and elbow-drops you in the kidneys. It sounds horrible but can't argue with the results!

Glen Fiddich
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:49:22 AM
After watching Sunday's episode of Top Gear, I think I'm a little bit in love with Ryan Reynolds.

He seems like such a nice guy. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:51:45 AM
I would love another Bowen session! I felt look loose and noodley afterwards !

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:51:09 PM

Brian and I were talking about this not too long ago. It's very disconcerting - throws your whole perception off. :(

Glen Fiddich
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:50:11 PM
I just saw a trailer for a rom-com where Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are spies who fall in love with and fight over Reese Witherspoon.

I don't... even... what... why? Why would anyone make that? :cyduck

And more importantly, why am I seriously contemplating going to see it? >_<

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:58:30 PM
I made buttermilk dulce de leche. I have no reason to make this. Worse, it's pure Satan in viscous syrupy form.

I kinda want pancakes or ice cream now.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:41:36 PM

Brian and I were talking about this not too long ago. It's very disconcerting - throws your whole perception off. :(

Yeah. I found out recently that my Uncle Rob (the youngest of my Dad's siblings) has brain cancer. Couple that with an episode where one of my Dad's bowels stopped working a couple years ago and that my aunt Julie (his sister) had ovarian cancer and, well, my family is aging and it sucks. I feel your pain.

Crusader
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:32:52 AM
I just saw a trailer for a rom-com where Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are spies who fall in love with and fight over Reese Witherspoon.

It is a movie about spies using goverment property to ruin each others sex life so basicly it is like highschool all over again...just with less guns. Plus you get Captain Kirk vs Bane in an action comedy.

I want to watch this movie too since it sounds like a rom-com that appeals to me for the reasons above.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:19:58 PM

Yeah, I can't believe my dad is in his 70s and my parents are having their 50th wedding anniversary this year. O_o

Of course, I'm 32, so go figure.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:21:51 PM

It is a movie about spies using goverment property to ruin each others sex life so basicly it is like highschool all over again...just with less guns. Plus you get Captain Kirk vs Bane in an action comedy.

I want to watch this movie too since it sounds like a rom-com that appeals to me for the reasons above.

I saw the posters for this and really could not tell what it was supposed to be about. Thanks for clearing that up :lol

Glen Fiddich
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:27:05 AM
Just saw an interview with Mark Meer, and he was talking about how much he wants the Commander Shepard action figure. The interviewer asked if it was going to be a talking one, and Meer just looks at him and goes: "Who cares? I can provide the voice anyway."

I now have visions of him sat at his desk reenacting scenes from the game. :lol

Vince
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:46:28 PM
Now I have to find a place to eat next week that's cheap, but not too cheap, and nice, but not too nice. Damn it.

Sanis Prent
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:03:37 PM
My boss's boss is a me-level foodie. One day she asks me for quinoa recipes, then I mention tonight that I'm trying to conjur up scandinavian dishes for a potluck, and she mentions gjetost tarts.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:11:36 PM
Why did no one tell me the Avatar anime was so goo-

Oh, wait. Pretty much everyone I know did, which is why I'm watching it. :eee

Now I want to be a bender, though. :(

Edit:

Wait... :uhoh

Pierce Tondry
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:24:32 PM
Why did no one tell me the Avatar anime was so goo-

Oh, wait. Pretty much everyone I know did, which is why I'm watching it. :eee

Now I want to be a bender, though. :(

Edit:

Wait... :uhoh

Legend of Korra coming soon!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2012, 04:36:34 AM
I want my own Appa :3

Captain Untouchable
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:10:51 AM
I finished Book One: Water, so figured I'd watch the movie... mainly because I was curious to see how they did live action versions of bending and Appa and stuff.

WHAT THE BALLS.

Seriously. Was there a single thing in that entire movie that they got right? The plot made no sense (they left for the North Pole before they'd bothered to establish a reason to go there, FFS), and they removed all of the bits of the story that made the characters even remotely compelling. And damn it, his name is ANG, not ONG, or whatever the hell they were saying. *hyperventilate*

:grumble

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:34:38 AM
I have no intentions of ever watching that film >_<

Charley
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:52:27 PM
Welp, new phone. Bah, was hoping not to have to spend that money.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:11:04 PM
I just punched the air in excitement.

I didn't realise that people actually did that in real life. :|

Firebird1
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:43:58 AM
*Pokes head in*

Gah!! Early morning posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen Fiddich
Feb 21st, 2012, 01:01:17 PM
Why did no one tell me that Michael A Stackpole was on Twitter?!

I am ridiculously star struck by this. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 21st, 2012, 01:18:27 PM
I've had Twitter conversations with him before :) He's a cool guy.

Vince
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:18:52 PM
And shot down, thankfully, before any money was spent. Perhaps my luck will change.