PDA

View Full Version : New Nightwish Album

Karl Valten
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:59:37 AM
We really should have a 'music' topic tag.

I usually never post anything music related. But damn I'm impressed enough to actually post this.

Anywho Nightwish (Finnish, typically Orchestral-Rock with opera/gothic overtones) has come out with their new album Imaginaerum.

This is their second album with the new singer (which I've been not too sure of). The tone of the band has changed a lot since the old singer and the last album had some really.....off-putting.....vocals that didn't mesh well.

But I think they've really figured out the vocal mix (usually a round-robin duet singer with the Bassist who also has a fantastic voice).

The new album is actually build specifically for a movie they are shooting (think kinda like Alice in Wonderland meets A Nightmare Before Christmas at the Circus for a nice hot cup of insanity and run by Tim Burton for advice). Also a bit of a Beetlejuice vibe to the album in addition to the previous on some songs.

Huge variety in the album:

1) Finnish Folk song starts it off with the Bassist singing the whole thing.
2) Second track I'm not a fan of....to pop-y for my tastes. Not bad, though.
3) Very 80s feel to it then goes into a grunge-core sound out of nowehere. Strange duality, but cool
4) Jazz.....seriously this is entirely a jazz song with light orchestral rock here and there.
5) Celtic Rock
6) Uhm......it's like......it's like a Circus tune......set in Tim Burton's Halloween Town.

A lot more than that. Also and entire instrumental arabian ballad in there.

13 tracks on the Album but it more feels like a single track broken into 13 movements. And the songs are LONG 5-7 minutes with one song being 13.

Can't wait for the album to be released in the US.....and I'm totally going to get my hands on the movie when it comes out.

Album (ignore the uploaders user name)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExStriper?feature=watch#g/c/7DF02E1127ACF127

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 4th, 2011, 07:16:14 AM
We do have a music topic tag! It's on the second row of the 'Mixed topic tags' selection :) Also, when you're trying to embed a youtube video, you'll need to to select 'Use old embed code' otherwise it won't embed here.

The new album sounds like an interesting concept. I guess it's one of those CDs you need to sit down and listen to all the way through to appreciate it! When is it due out?

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 4th, 2011, 08:28:06 AM
I heard the first single and loved it... need this album!

Morgan Evanar
Dec 4th, 2011, 10:20:04 AM
I'm always down for more Nightwish.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 4th, 2011, 02:55:43 PM
I believe it is due out on the 27th of December.

Looking forward to it.

Karl Valten
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:00:59 PM
The new album sounds like an interesting concept. I guess it's one of those CDs you need to sit down and listen to all the way through to appreciate it! When is it due out?

Kinda. I think Nathaniel nailed the date. Already out in Finnland of course but I don't know where else.

I heard the first single and loved it... need this album!

Strangely enough that is the song I didn't like. :p

I think the others are much better.