PDA

View Full Version : Pen & Paper: The Blood-Cursed Bastards

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 21st, 2011, 06:41:10 AM
After the success of our pen and paper rping in Miami, I know we are all eager to continue the quest of our valiant heroes as they journey through Aventuria, stumbling blindly into misfortune and causing all manner of unholy beasts to fall over.

Since the goal is to carry the storyline on via Skype (or some similar program), I thought we might as well try and hammer out a date/time for the next chapter. Weekends are definitely preferable for me, and hopefully that would give us a little more wriggle room to try and compensate for everyone's timezones.

What say ye, my brothers?

UPDATE:

First online session taking place on December 4th at 12am EST / 5pm GMT... have your Skypes at the ready

Charley
Nov 21st, 2011, 08:34:56 PM
Weekends, gotta be weekends. I figure the first saturday of each month is probably a good spot?

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 22nd, 2011, 04:41:24 AM
That would work for me. So we'd start on December 3rd?

Crusader
Nov 22nd, 2011, 05:18:52 AM
Would it be possible to move this to sunday? Sundays should have less impact on the normal weekend. Otherwise the first saturday of this weekend would not work for me.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 22nd, 2011, 05:22:50 AM
Saturday or Sunday, as long as we're picking a date a month in advance.. I don't have a problem with either of them.

Sanis Prent
Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:05:32 AM
I am okay with Sunday the 3rd, sure.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:08:38 AM
Sunday 4th December?

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:11:04 AM
Sunday the 4th works for me! :D

I have the need to see if my theif goes into secret berserker mode again lol

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:35:00 AM
I knew there was a reason my sneak skill was better than yours... you're just a petite barbarian :mneh

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 22nd, 2011, 04:06:40 PM
Correction: clepto petite barbarian. Lmao

Captain Untouchable
Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:12:01 PM
Any opportunity for other people to join in, or is your party too big/unwieldy?

Haven't done pen and paper roleplaying in aaages. :ohno

Morgan Evanar
Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:21:40 PM
Sundays are good for me.

Hey Jace maybe you should have flown to Miami. :p

Charley
Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:32:20 PM
Jace you can join but we get to haze the shit out of your character sheet. That's my price.

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:01:07 PM
No Twitards allowed :colbert

Sanis Prent
Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:15:44 PM
Make his character cursed with sparkling platypus lycanthropy or something.

Sadra can pull a Paris Hilton and put him in her little bag thing.

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:25:58 PM
:D This mean I can stop being the human shield now?

Vince
Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:31:52 PM
This sounds interesting; however I don't want to be hazed :ohno

Captain Untouchable
Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
You guys are just jealous that I can watch Twilight and still be awesome. :colbert

Sanis Prent
Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:20:20 PM
No we're just tacking interest onto your hazing for being a douchelord and not taking your drunk call like a man.

Also, yeah, Twilight too.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:04:58 AM
Make his character cursed with sparkling platypus lycanthropy or something.

WIN.

Everyone's gotta have a blood curse sometime.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:13:15 AM
This could be fun, minus the hazing. I do a pen and paper D&D every two weeks with friends here ^_^

And for the record - I was sleeping when my drunk call came :p

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:17:39 AM
I think Peter had at least two character sheets already drawn up which we didn't use so maybe you guys can pick them up :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:48:43 AM
We need the not-your-typical-Amazon!

Crusader
Nov 23rd, 2011, 07:07:06 AM
Yeah apparently I still have the not so sluty Amazon and a man/woman of Thorwal(viking) characters.

Amazon:
http://www.die3sphaere.de/material/bilder/abenteuer-voll/Goldene_Blueten_a_b_Grund.jpg
Thorwal:
http://www.yopi.de/image/prod_pics/220/f/220385.jpg

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2011, 07:21:46 AM
We need the not-your-typical-Amazon!

aka Dani, Warrior Princess!

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 23rd, 2011, 04:06:26 PM
OooooOOOoooo

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:07:40 PM
Thought that one might tickle your fancy ;)

Captain Untouchable
Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:01:40 PM
Oh man, the Thorwal dude looks awesome. :ohno

So, what has happened on the quest so far?

Sanis Prent
Nov 23rd, 2011, 07:12:27 PM
The quest started by hearing a ruckus on a road, and finding a guy being jumped by seven blackfurs (orcs). Being awesome, we wrecked their shit with the cunning use of critical misses and banana peels.

The dude we rescued was a captain of the Emperor of Aventuria's guard, who was taking his son to a castle up north (the city name I forget) to become a squire to the Baron that lived there, where he was to be married to the Baron's daughter. That went to shit because the squire wasn't hot shit at all, and basically the Baron's daughter said the only way she was giving it up was if he brought her a big-assed diamond (you know like all bitches do). We got some new gear, and they gave us a wizard, Tim, to help. I fucking hate wizards and their janky creepo magic shit, so I wasn't all that happy about this, but everybody else was cool with, so whatever.

We had to go north to find this diamond, and after pushing a sled driven by giant honey badgers, we fucked up and had to run away from a sudden volcano or something and crashed in a town that we were warned was totally fucking cursed. Our little shit squire buddy got hypothermia and fever, and we had to put him up at the house of some old gnarly dude who was coughing blood. He said he'd nurse our friend to health, but we had to free the village from the tyranny of this Ice Queen bitch who was ruling over their village. To seal the deal, we had to sign a contract with blood.

Now I was drunk at the time, and the only person really telling me not to do this was our scandalous hussy rogue, and as I didn't have a lawyer in my party I figured this was a stand-up deal. Of course that meant we were blood cursed. We dropped some smooth ass ninja shit to get into the ice castle, where we found out that we were fighting on the wrong side just as we were committing the coup de gras. Basically we fucked up and made the Ice Queen mortal, and she lost control over her yeti army and the ability to keep her ice castle from melting. Fucking bummer.

Anyway we got out, and I had to eat a lot of crow admitting that I fucked up and basically that the gods were pissing on all of our heads. We basically were caught in a curse where we couldn't actually deal damage to the crazy sorcerer old man who bound us in a blood contract. We pledged to the ice queen that we would at least fight whatever he could throw in her direction and distract him so she could defeat the sorcerer.

Let's just say that the blood curse sucks. We whipped some zombie asses, and even rolled fucking yahtzee on this crazy hellspawn shade he summoned to fight us, but then he flipped out on us and caused the entire group to fight each other. We had to roll against willpower to break away long enough to even try to hit him. I'm a Knight of Praius (sp) so whatever weapon I use is capable of damaging magical enemies even despite a curse, but I fucked up and broke my weapon and had to fumble around for another. Dasquian, Tim, and the Ice Queen herself fell beneath the sorcerer, and at the last moment, our squire buddy dropped some real gangsta shit and put a knife in the fucker's back in a slick surprise move. Of course he got some gnarly burn scars on his face due to it, but fuck it, he kicked ass and chicks dig scars right?

So we broke the blood curse in a kind of bumbling Forrest Gump sort of way. My character is still pissed at the world, but maybe this way I'll learn to (occasionally) trust my rogue and let my creepo wizard do his thing.

Crusader
Nov 23rd, 2011, 08:07:43 PM
Well this was pretty much it and I had a blast reading it but you forgot to mention the cliff hanger! You know once the band of missfits returns to the castle Bear's Bane to tell Baron Barrack the Bear the tale of their adventure Torasin the squire accepts to become the Baron's squire so that he can proof to Yolanda, the Baron's daughter, that he is worthy to ask for her hand even without a big fucking diamond... And after a long feast, at the first light of dawn a Messenger of Aventuria arrives at the castles court:
He summons Ruckus, the father of the squire, to come to the court of Gareth. The emperor of the Middle Realm(not of all Aventuria) wants to anounce the engagement of his only son Brin to the princess of Albernia at the great tournament of Gareth.
As a captain of the guard Ruckus attendance is required and because he wants to pay the heroes back for helping his son, he invites the party to the tournament as his guests.

Will our party of young adventurers earn the hearts of the common folk in the tournaments, will they earn the love of a highborn lady at the ball, will they meet and maybe even become friends with the most important persons in Aventuria...
... or will they end up in another big adventure that might put them once again knee deep into trouble.

Sanis Prent
Nov 23rd, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
I think Dasquian and Tim will get us into trouble there. Ladies of the court, and two handsome devils. Two roosters in the henhouse, etc

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 23rd, 2011, 11:22:08 PM
As long as I get to nick some rich people's stuff and stop having weird ass dreams I'm happy.

I mean...

Help the team in whatever way possible towards their goals while attempting to not get myself killed? :uhoh

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2011, 04:52:46 AM
Court women love the Elven accent :cool

Crusader
Nov 24th, 2011, 09:02:13 AM
I guess the opening ball might be a lot more fun than I have thought ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
I hope we get to take part in the tournaments :D

Morgan Evanar
Nov 24th, 2011, 12:53:32 PM
Court women love the Elven accent :coolYou mean prance around a tree and cast magic like the damn Elven poof you are?

Anyway whatever, divide and conquer bro.

As long as I get to nick some rich people's stuff and stop having weird ass dreams I'm happy. You must be awfully tired, because you keep running in mine :love

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/nzhegk.jpg

BTW what kind of time do we want to do this? The latest I could really start would be 8pm GMT, since after 10pm I kind of need to shut up on behalf of everyone else in the house.

Sanis Prent
Nov 24th, 2011, 06:54:27 PM
I'm okay with starting early-ish in the morning because I'm an old man and waking up early on the weekend is a sign that death is around the corner.

Crusader
Nov 24th, 2011, 07:30:55 PM
So basicly the best time would be when Sarah is awake :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 24th, 2011, 09:42:42 PM
Whenever! If you guys need me to get up earlish I'm down! Boy will be out of town that weekend so I'm good! I can do 8 or 9am. That'd probably work for everyone else?

Crusader
Nov 25th, 2011, 12:56:27 AM
That would be 6 pm for me, 5 pm for Jones, 12 am for Chris and I guess around 11 am for Chuck

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 25th, 2011, 04:17:47 AM
That would work for me! I could always go a couple hours later though if it would be easier for us US players.

Sanis AKA Young Sleazy
Nov 25th, 2011, 03:37:02 PM
Gonna drink in the AM on a Sunday. It's gonna rule.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 25th, 2011, 08:08:51 PM
I can't help but notice that the best, most handsome, and grumbling dwarf in all the land wasn't mentioned by anyone. D:

Morgan Evanar
Nov 25th, 2011, 08:20:27 PM
That works for me. :)

Sanis AKA Young Sleazy
Nov 25th, 2011, 08:45:20 PM
I can't help but notice that the best, most handsome, and grumbling dwarf in all the land wasn't mentioned by anyone. D:

That's probably a good thing since we're all being mentioned for times that we've spectacularly fucked up, and you've actually been the most non-fuckup character in our party.

I'm sure that will change given enough time!

Pierce Tondry
Nov 26th, 2011, 01:13:53 AM
YOU CAN'T FUCKUP THIS LEVEL OF AWESOME, SONNY JIM.

Seriously, I am in for this.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 26th, 2011, 05:43:59 PM
Banhammer, our hero!

Crusader
Nov 28th, 2011, 06:01:05 AM
We still need somekind of dice rolling software. Any suggestions or experiences with software or do we have some forum code that could be added to the vB code?

Captain Untouchable
Nov 28th, 2011, 10:47:15 AM
Do you want something that everyone can see, or are you going to keep the cyberdice hidden behind your +1 Screen of DM Concealing?

If the latter, the Wizards of the Coast website has a dice roller contraption on it, for all of the typical D&D dice. It even has the option to add in the number of dice, so you can roll a 4d6 in one go.

Crusader
Nov 28th, 2011, 11:41:59 AM
As always my dice throws stay hidden but I kind of feel the need to have something for the players that gives them the opportunity to roll/klick their dice throws themselves. So that there is no one to blame but yourself for throwing those dice.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 28th, 2011, 12:05:26 PM
We all have our d20s and finding a d6 generator online should be pretty easy!

Captain Untouchable
Nov 28th, 2011, 12:17:57 PM
Here's the WOC one - might work for what we need?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Crusader
Nov 28th, 2011, 01:42:34 PM
Not really because you can't instantly share the results.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 28th, 2011, 02:05:33 PM
We could really nerd it up and use an IRC room and a bot of some sort.

http://richards.sdf1.org/dice/usage.html

Crusader
Nov 28th, 2011, 06:20:48 PM
well this would work for me.

Crusader
Nov 29th, 2011, 10:50:30 AM
I made this little video with Google Earth as a little teaser for our upcoming adventure and to celebrate my 2000th post!<object height="720" width="960">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xG7l-YHMRN4?version=3&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="720" width="960"></object>

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 29th, 2011, 12:26:54 PM
Wow, it looks like we have quite a trek to reach Gareth!

Crusader
Nov 29th, 2011, 12:43:03 PM
Well we will skip through that otherwise it would take us months to get there.

EDIT: I added some captions to the video since the ones in Google earth are too small.

Captain Untouchable
Nov 29th, 2011, 01:00:48 PM
So how are the noobies going to show up? And do I have to think of a name, or is cooking up something embarassing an essential part of the new player hazing process? :uhoh

Crusader
Nov 29th, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Well you can pick the name for yourself and since the heroes have been traveling for about 3-4 months once they reach the capital they could have picked up a man of Thorwal and an Amazon on their way.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 30th, 2011, 04:21:28 PM
I guess we must have stopped into inns on the way? If Skyrim has taught me anything, its that in most inns there is a huge viking warrior sitting on a tiny bar stool, just waiting for me to hire them.

Vince
Nov 30th, 2011, 04:29:59 PM
...I still want to join, but can't really decide if I should just watch or not.

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 1st, 2011, 01:10:22 PM
Not sure there will be a ton to "watch" but listening to us drunkenly cursing our fates will probably be pretty entertaining XD

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 1st, 2011, 02:01:17 PM
Are we going to have a peanut gallery? :lol

Vince
Dec 1st, 2011, 02:32:38 PM
If by peanut you mean me, most likely! If there was someone else just sitting there, we could be the old muppet guys, but as it is, I may join in with a character, but I'm still on the fence.

Sanis Prent
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:25:36 AM
Are we going to have a peanut gallery? :lol

More importantly, will those peanuts be oiled?

Also do we want to make Forum Handles for our Pen & Paper names? Might help for MY IMMERSION

Kurth Halx
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:10:30 AM
Well anyway, I did :)

Crusader
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:28:08 AM
nice picture

Captain Untouchable
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:34:15 AM
I have a couple of noob questions - stuff like "What is the difference between Dexterity and Agility?", and so forth. Any chance of a quick crash course before we get started tomorrow, so people aren't sat around waiting while I'm brought up to speed?

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:45:20 AM
From what I can remember of our game, dexterity is hand eye co-ordination (such as whether or not you could catch something that was thrown towards you) where as agility is more being able to run, jump, etc without falling over (which happened a lot in our game.)

We didn't actually go through all of the skills and explain what they were, so you didn't miss anything in that regard. The main thing you need to learn is how to attack and defend, and everything else you don't tend to use until the GM asks you to make a roll on that particular skill, or a situation arises where you think a skill might be useful, such as trying to tell if someone is lying or sneaking ahead to scout out an area potentially fully of enemies.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:50:27 AM
Fair enough. I'm just curious more than anything else - it's a slightly different set of stats from what I'm used to in D&D, and I was just wondering what it would entail and what not. :)

Kurth Halx
Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:20:54 AM
Hey Peter, is there any possibility of you setting up like a photobucket account and putting larger pictures of the character sheets and source material in that? I'm having a hard time squinting to read so help an old timer out :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:29:47 AM
Hey Peter, is there any possibility of you setting up like a photobucket account and putting larger pictures of the character sheets and source material in that? I'm having a hard time squinting to read so help an old timer out :)

lol, I literally just posted this on the other thread. Our very own forum gallery actually allows for larger image size / resolution uploads, if we wanted to use that?

Kurth Halx
Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:42:59 AM
I'm farting around with the resolution in photoshop to see if I can suss things out. I'm pretty sure I can do it with the character sheet, but the timeline thing has a font that is hard to read at any size.

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:03:00 PM
Also do we want to make Forum Handles for our Pen & Paper names? Might help for MY IMMERSION

I thought of doing this yesterday. :eee

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:07:40 PM
Fair enough. I'm just curious more than anything else - it's a slightly different set of stats from what I'm used to in D&D, and I was just wondering what it would entail and what not. :)

:p

The only thing you have to keep in mind is the numbers are reversed. Rolling a D20 is equivalent to tripping over and falling on your sword.

:D all in all, don't worry too much about the details. I'm sure we'll need a tiny bit of a refresher as we go anyway.

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:25:10 PM

I thought of doing this yesterday. :eee

Huzzah! Now go get an avatar :p

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:30:57 PM
:P Don't have photoshop anymore since my computer died.

Also.. no idea who/what to use anyway.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:39:41 PM
I have a suggestion! :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/316m7aw.jpg

...without the pointy ears, obviously.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:48:14 PM
Or Aneka, from Krod Mandoon:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/Aneka1.jpg

Bonus sexy dance:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/Aneka-KrodMandoon1.jpg

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:59:05 PM
Can I somehow have mutant babies of the two of them? IE - Aneka with red hair? lol

Damn this lack of photoshop :( *fistshake!!*

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:02:17 PM
I'll give her red hair for you :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:03:04 PM
I bet we could spend all night posting pictures of women as scantily clad rogues and thieves from TV/film.

Literally, all night.

http://i43.tinypic.com/213rqt5.jpg

No bras in Aventuria:

http://i40.tinypic.com/1219vv8.jpg

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:08:47 PM
I'll give her red hair for you :)

:eee That just makes my day.

XD rofl Jenny...

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:10:33 PM
Most of them seem to be played by Kristanna Loken, just with varying dye jobs. She must have it written into her contract that she always has to be an inappropriately dressed rogue :lol

Crusader
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:20:02 PM
Well Saidra is Horasian so basicly she is Frensh. I imagine her more like Julie Delpe in Killing Zoe where she has got red hair.

Horasians do not wear chainmail nor leather. So her outfit would be closer to Mila Jovovichs outfit in the three musketeers

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:24:14 PM
How's this?

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:27:14 PM
*NERD MOMENT*

So... less Skyrim... more Assasin's Creed as far as attire? :lol

Crusader
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:38:24 PM
Exactly think more Lucretia Borgia than low budget sluty amazon.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:44:10 PM
That avatar looks great :)

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:49:29 PM
>_> Peter is determined to get Saidra in a poofy dress. *fistshake*

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:59:02 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/9gaath.jpg

Is what the Milla outfit looked like. Or you could go for the practically obligatory...

http://i44.tinypic.com/xghb20.jpg

:mneh

Crusader
Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:00:17 PM
Oh and btw Tim has got a more oriental background. More Arabic or Osmanic appearance.

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:01:52 PM
Or you could go for the practically obligatory...

Holy eff... XD with sword and everything. *fist shake!!*

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:03:27 PM
There's a slightly more serious one of her mid-swordfight too :D http://natalie-dormer.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=10&pid=533#top_display_media

Saidra
Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:08:19 PM
I have given it all over to Christin at this point. XD Gonna let her do her artsy thing.

Kurth Halx
Dec 4th, 2011, 12:41:02 AM
Julie Delpe

Sold.

End the thread right here.

Glen Fiddich
Dec 4th, 2011, 07:11:38 AM
Raise your hand if you're surprised by my avatar choice... ^_^;

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 4th, 2011, 07:19:04 AM
So far, we have all made completely unsuprising avatar choices :p

Rhone Banhammer
Dec 4th, 2011, 08:24:09 AM
If Banhammer was old and vaudevillian, I'd totally use this picture:

http://www.frontroomcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/German-World-Beard-and-Moustache-Champion.jpeg

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2011, 02:51:08 PM
Saidra and Banhammer

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:14:52 PM
Playing the Dark Banana.

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:20:51 PM
When you play the game of banana you win or you die.

Tim the Wizard
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:22:10 PM
I gotta find an avatar now.

Blah.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:26:56 PM
Bruce Spence, the only good thing about Legend of the Seeker?

Saidra
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:00:12 PM
Just copying the names from the chat so we know who is who...

Cuanu Ui Bennain - Father of the chick who is gonna marry the prince
Emer - The chick who is supposed to marry the prince
Answin Ravenmouth - Count fancypants! Chancellor and such. Kurt farted in front of him.
Odlibert - The butler and "bard"
Raidri Conchobair - douchy hero extraordinaire!

Glen Fiddich
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:01:18 PM

Zedd! :love

Morgan Evanar
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:06:13 PM
I'm not that old =/

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:08:28 PM
Oh and btw Tim has got a more oriental background. More Arabic or Osmanic appearance.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:15:15 PM

My husband would argue that statement with
http://gallery.legendoftheseeker.org/series-2/ep-11---torn/torn-kahlan2/ and
http://gallery.legendoftheseeker.org/series-2/ep-11---torn/torn-cara/

and I would have to counter with
<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_c8XTbpmdE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560"></object>
...cheesy music aside :swoon

Vince
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:25:46 PM
All these Celtic names are awesome.

Edit: I want to listen in on this. I will regret it for the rest of my days if I don't.

Saidra
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:30:44 PM
it's pretty much over now :(

But we will do it again on the 18th!

Crusader
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:39:29 PM
20Exp Rhone Banhammer for tracking and saving people
10Exp Tim for correctly addressing the chancelor of the Empire
10Exp Kurth for having the idea to ride ahead at the Inn
30Exp Jace for being blooded

Vince
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:52:31 PM
:( Skype is effing with me. I can't hear anything. I will have everything fixed by the 18th however.

Well, the call thing worked; was it something I was supposed to do, but fumbled badly? And apparently you guys won't (didn't) hear me, because there's a bunch of glitches for the Android version of skype. Mesa disappoint.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 4th, 2011, 07:47:55 PM
Dev Patel?
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/vgphfa.jpg

And Legend of the Seeker was boring. I tried watching it, and with the exception of Mr. Spence, there was nothing that made me want to invest interest in any of it. The actors might look pretty, have neato clothes, or handsome with a cut figure, but that can't save bad acting.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:22:04 PM
:( Skype is effing with me. I can't hear anything. I will have everything fixed by the 18th however.

Well, the call thing worked; was it something I was supposed to do, but fumbled badly? And apparently you guys won't (didn't) hear me, because there's a bunch of glitches for the Android version of skype. Mesa disappoint.

We spent our first hour mostly doing tech support anyway, so don't worry if you're a little glitchy at first. It's to be expected :)

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:29:49 PM
I couldn't find my mic :(

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:38:02 PM
You have 2 weeks to find it, since our next session will be on Dec 18th :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:57:34 PM
And Legend of the Seeker was boring. I tried watching it, and with the exception of Mr. Spence, there was nothing that made me want to invest interest in any of it. The actors might look pretty, have neato clothes, or handsome with a cut figure, but that can't save bad acting.
Oh yeah, it was a terrible show. I'm just saying I enjoyed the Richard eye candy better than Zeddicus, he was annoying. And yes, we watched every single episode. :p

Captain Untouchable
Dec 5th, 2011, 01:28:02 PM
I was living with my sister at the time, so I accidentally watched most of season two (though none of season one). For me, it was so bad it was good... my sister didn't appreciate me laughing at the acting though. :uhoh

Has anyone read the source material for it? It seemed like it might actually be worth a read: though poorly acted there were some interesting concepts and what-not, and I'll bed the red leather dominatrix ninjas are pretty badass when they're not toned down for a family audience.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2011, 01:29:34 PM
and I'll bed the red leather dominatrix ninjas

I bet you will!

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 5th, 2011, 04:42:49 PM
bah the show was good.

And I will try!

Glen Fiddich
Dec 5th, 2011, 04:53:00 PM

I bet you will!

Damn straight. :mischief

Crusader
Dec 5th, 2011, 07:27:38 PM

I bet you will!

You will have to throw against 5 in agility to catch them.
Then do a strength roll +2 and after that you will have to use the bind/unleash skill.

If you succeed you will gain 50XP and lose 3 points on your social status for being a gods forsaken rapist.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2011, 07:53:03 PM
I was living with my sister at the time, so I accidentally watched most of season two (though none of season one). For me, it was so bad it was good... my sister didn't appreciate me laughing at the acting though. :uhoh

Has anyone read the source material for it? It seemed like it might actually be worth a read: though poorly acted there were some interesting concepts and what-not, and I'll bed the red leather dominatrix ninjas are pretty badass when they're not toned down for a family audience.

I have read Wizard's First Rule and it was okay - some icky bits and some bizarre bits like a chicken that is not a chicken... You don't really want to know. Apparently the series spirals downward into a bunch of the author's rape fantasies or something. I've never felt compelled to read any of the other books in the series based on what I've heard about where it goes.

edit: plus Richard's capture and torture and breaking by the Mord Sith (red leather dominatrix ninjas? More like terrible abused girls raised to be S&M torturers for Darkhan Rahl) is much more graphic and O_o than it was on the show. Considering it was one episode on the show and he was actually captured for like... ages in the book. Anyway, this is a derail, sorry. :o

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 6th, 2011, 11:24:59 AM

I bet you will!

You will have to throw against 5 in agility to catch them.
Then do a strength roll +2 and after that you will have to use the bind/unleash skill.

If you succeed you will gain 50XP and lose 3 points on your social status for being a gods forsaken rapist.

Oh Peter :love I love that you have a DMs answer to everything.

Crusader
Dec 6th, 2011, 12:08:50 PM
I have an app for that and it is called my messed up brain.