PDA

View Full Version : Regarding "Flowers in her Hair"

Susie Quinn
Nov 9th, 2011, 02:20:14 PM
I marked this as an open thread, but it's really a difficult scenario to place an established character into (like from the LA or NY mutant groups). It takes place in England, outside of London, in a dingy boarding school that is owned by Jericho and used as a clandestine means to experiment on low income mutant kids. There are kids at the school who are not mutants as well.

There is a bit more information that Droo, Andrew and I worked out between the three of us, and the RP Meadowbridge was meant to be the introduction to this place and our three unwanted kids. And if anyone is interested I'll type up all that other stuff, too, but that's the bare bones of it.

So what I'm saying is, it's open, but you'll need a new character to join in. Or a really good and well thought out reason to be there. IF you're even interested. I sort of started it on a whim yesterday.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2011, 03:12:27 PM
I really like the whole Meadowbridge concept. Plus, mutants in England? Yay for a society/geographical landscape that I can write about based on real experiences! I don't have any immediate ideas for jumping in, but I might after getting back from Miami. We always seem to end up having RPing brainstorming sessions when we get together. Either way, I will be reading along with whatever happens.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2011, 03:15:37 PM
Sounds good to me. :)

Dragon
Nov 9th, 2011, 08:41:53 PM
I must admit I really dropped the ball on Meadowbridge. I'd love to see it continue, but I'm not certain if I'll be able to take as central a role as I was expecting to.

If there's enough interest, however, I also had the idea of playing with a small Brotherhood cell based in London. Meadowbridge could be one of their primary targets - an obvious center of mutant oppression plus a motherlode of potential recruits. Like Holly said, we have some ideas already in place, but they're very basic ideas with a lot of room to fill in between, so any suggestions are welcome!

José Luis Flores
Nov 9th, 2011, 09:05:50 PM
It does sound like a good idea. Given Susie's appearance, José would be all over that. His mother's English, so that's a tie-in, and some of his other story-lines had fallen through, so he's open, but I'm not quite sure how exactly he would get over there.

I do have some ideas though as to how though, but I don't want to insert the dude into a scenario where he might not be able to function very well story-wise (I was about to say "fit in", but not fitting in is actually a good superficial conflict for a story).

Susie Quinn
Nov 10th, 2011, 01:12:26 AM
He could be visiting his grandparents in London? I'm not sure how that gets him to the school but it could certainly get him to the local Brotherhood.

And Susie is an older teen but very.... special, like a high functioning autistic, which was her incorrect diagnosis at one point before her ability was discovered. Plus to get to her you'll have to get through her gorilla-like bodyguard. ;) (if I can tempt Droo back, that is)

José Luis Flores
Nov 10th, 2011, 11:01:46 AM
...I actually never thought about his grandparents at all when writing his character up. That's a pretty good idea, especially since he'd been running afoul of the gangs in Los Angeles when things fell through.

I'd still need a "story-worthy problem" for him though. He's a pretty apathetic kid, so he'd not be too interested in the Brotherhood, though him flirting with the idea or learning how to control his power from them presents some possibilities for a superficial problem.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2011, 12:05:32 PM
Not interested in the Brotherhood doesn't mean he can't have a run in with them. :)

Susie Quinn
Nov 28th, 2011, 12:21:09 PM
Finally posted, Andrew. Sorry! I was in the hospital for a week though, so I have a great excuse. ;)