PDA

View Full Version : John Carter

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 5th, 2011, 08:21:18 PM
I've never had the chance to read any of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter books, but after seeing this trailer, I think I'm going to pick them up. I know movies are never like the books they are based on, but I want to both read them, then see the movie :)

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_aWrKEWei7w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_aWrKEWei7w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Even by itself, it looks like a fun adventure full of the fantastical, magic, and crazy space stuffs :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 21st, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
Ahhhh this opens in two weeks! I am so going to run away and see this as soon as possible.

Crusader
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:18:44 PM
It is directed by a Pixar Veteran so I expect some pretty good story telling and good effects. This is definetly my underdog for the most successfull movie next to the new batman.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2012, 11:21:29 AM
Loved this movie! The effects were really good, seamless even, and the story has great characters and a lot of depth. Good comedy elements in it too. Lynn Collins is great as Dejah Thoris.

And of course, Taylor Kitsch was totally hot, but actually managed to bring a strong emotional core to the character of John Carter. There's one scene in particular (fighting the Tharks by the river intercut with scenes from him burying his family on Earth) that was as moving emotionally as anything I've seen.

Go see it!

Atreyu
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:17:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback Miss De'Ville. :)

99% of the media coverage about the film has been primarily focusing on how it's going to be the biggest bomb since Waterworld. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:32:28 PM
Well, the media is dumb. I mean, it might bomb, but it's a good movie, imo. Perfect? No, but what is?

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
Saw it yesterday. Coulda been better, coulda been worse. No real issues with it - had some decent laughs, good imagry, decent story, but it didn't really impress me too much.

Mu Satach
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:12:52 PM
I really enjoyed it, all around fun family adventure picture.

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:30:33 AM
While waiting in line for the Hunger Games, several people talked about how fun it was but I think I'll just wait for it to come on DVD/On demand.

Mu Satach
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:45:35 PM
I wish it was doing better - because there was a chance I might have been able to work on any sequels. :p

Ahhh well... such is life.