PDA

View Full Version : Box Office Mojo forums and derby no more

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:43:51 PM
Amazon bought the site a while back and now they have decided to make everyone post on IMDB. They gave no warning to anyone. They also got rid of the derby. I have to say that is a very awful thing to do to those who posted there for years.
http://boxofficemojo.com/forums/

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:59:45 AM
I didn't ever use those forums, but that's a kind of dickish move by Amazon, to shut the place down without any warning. Did they migrate the BOM threads/posts over to IMDB?

Yog
Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:02:40 AM
The IMDB forum software really sucks. And there is no thread migration that I can see, and no real box office community there at present. I suspect many would rather go to World of KJ or HSX than IMDB.

Atreyu
Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:07:09 AM
Haven't posted there in years, but damn that sucks majorly (especially if they did it with no warning). IMDb's forum software is fairly rudimentary compared to others out there.

I agree with Yog that most of the community will probably migrate to one of the other boxoffice sites.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:18:29 AM
The IMDB forum software really sucks. And there is no thread migration that I can see, and no real box office community there at present. I suspect many would rather go to World of KJ or HSX than IMDB.

Yeah they didn't move any of the threads and I don't see any of the BOM posters going there. I do know they are trying to start a new community on a temporary board. And many will probably post at KJ or HSX as well.

Atreyu
Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:58:42 PM
I've been reading a thread about this at WorldOfKJ - seems as though BOM had been down for a couple of days due to a suspected hacking attack? One possibility is that the owners lost all the data and couldn't be bothered trying to resurrect everything so just merged it in with IMDb.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:05:45 PM
That seems like a convenient excuse o_O