PDA

View Full Version : Nano-frakking-Wrimo 2011

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 20th, 2011, 02:04:12 PM
It's almost upon us. Once again, we have arranged our annual nerd gathering to clash with it, as if our collective subconscious is railing against the notion of taking back in National Novel Writing Month - but it will soon be here!

Will you be taking part? Am I crazy for thinking of joining in when I'll be spending part of November in Miami with a bunch of you, and the following weeks in mourning over not seeing you again until next year?!

In the lead up to November, the staff at Nanowrimo have just posted something interesting titled Why Do You Write? http://blog.lettersandlight.org/post/11701627179

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 20th, 2011, 02:45:37 PM
>_> Being with you all didn't stop me last year... Won't stop me this year. Bring on the pain!

Vince
Oct 20th, 2011, 06:36:58 PM
I'll be doing it. I don't know what I'll be writing though. Either Julian's story (think Jack Kerouac's On the Road only with a priest and a werewolf on a road trip fighting a doppelganger with a penchant for illegal immigrants, a vampire bum, and some antisocial sociopathic nerd occultists with a zombie army among others) or some other slightly depressing ones but which have some cool structural literary ideas I'd like to play with.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
>_> Being with you all didn't stop me last year... Won't stop me this year. Bring on the pain!

How much did you write in Nevada? :whaa

Also: NINE DAYS

(My entire life right now just seems to be posting countdowns to things haha)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2011, 02:36:35 PM
Target for today: 1667 words

Word count: 1687

:)

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 1st, 2011, 06:28:30 PM

How much did you write in Nevada? :whaa

Also: NINE DAYS

(My entire life right now just seems to be posting countdowns to things haha)

Uhh maybe one or two evenings? XD

I need to get to writing! :o

Vince
Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:14:01 AM
Bad start to the month. Hopefully I can actually finish this thing.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:56:15 PM
Target for today: 3333 words

Word count: 3363 words

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:21:43 PM
Target for today: 5000

Word count: 5005

Rev Solomon
Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:21:15 PM
Good grief, you're on fire!

I'm not up for NaNo this year, but I am considering getting started on the 30 Character Challenge... (http://www.30characters.com/about/)

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:48:24 PM
I've been steadily keeping up with where we're supposed to be, amazingly. I could keep writing today but that pesky job thing makes it a little hard to stay up until all hours of the night.

Though... my situation hasn't changed from last year when I did this so I'm feeling pretty confident in myself. Even if I won't probably write very much Saturday (going camping) and then there's that week in Miami... Aw well, I figure a weekend or two of 5000+ would put me back on track XD I can't remember what my best day was last year.

I'm really having fun with where my mind is going with this story since really I am basing it on some weirdo dream I had about two months ago that was SUPER vivid. Of course the entire dream is going to equate into about two scenes in the entire thing... But where my mind is filling in blanks and coming up with stuff in the meantime is just blowing me away. I'm having a blast.

Current word count as of day three: 5246

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2011, 04:46:12 PM
I'm on about 12,600 at the minute. Not too far behind and after the 3000 words I wrote today I can easy catch up tomorrow.