PDA

View Full Version : Which game are you looking forward to most?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2011, 03:16:17 AM
There's lots of titles we are waiting to play - but which one is at the top of your list?

Tear
Sep 25th, 2011, 05:40:38 AM
Close toss up between Battlefield 3 and Diablo3 (Maybe I just 3's?). BF3 comes out this October ( I think? ) so I'll pick the one that is pegged for early 2012.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2011, 06:49:53 AM
Mass Effect 3 for me :)

Vansen Tyree
Sep 25th, 2011, 08:32:01 AM
Mass Effect for me too, but only just. I'm pretty psyched about SWTOR too.

Oh, BioWare. You make the awesomest games. :love

Yog
Sep 25th, 2011, 10:03:16 AM
SWTOR, BF3, and Skyrim are all high up on my list, but I voted for Batman: Arkham City, because I am confident I'll enjoy that game a lot. Funcom's The Secret World deserves a special mention as well, because it is so different from the other MMO's in production.

Droo
Sep 25th, 2011, 10:28:22 AM
Well, I've been waiting for SWTOR since 2006 when Bioware Austin first secretly hired some people from Lucas Arts and some old SWG devs, and the rumour mill started turning... so yeah, I'm pretty much giddy with anticipation for that one.

In a very close second place, however, is Bioshock Infinite. And a new entry in third place: Skyrim!

Peter McCoy
Sep 25th, 2011, 11:23:42 AM
It was a tough decision for me, since everything except Mass Effect, Batman and DOTA are high on my want list. I'll get Batman but Arkham Asylum was only out a while ago, I'm not on the Mass Effect bandwagon since I can't bring myself to continue my first playthrough of the first game due to that damned Citadel, and I never ever got into DOTA.

I'll play Skyrim to death, there's no doubt. I played Oblivion and Morrowind sometime in the last 3 years, a while after their initial released. And I consider Max Payne 1 and 2 to be two of the greatest action games of my generation. And both previous installments of FarCry did a lot to influence the use of open-world level design in shooters, and the games themselves are great - I especially love FarCry 2 with it's civil-war-torn Africa, gorgeous graphics and many missions.

Also, Bioshock: Infinite! The game demo footage blew me away when I first watch it and still has me staring slack-jawed when I re-watch it now. I'm really excited about the idea of exploring Columbia along with its myriad of inhabitants, as well as discovering the upgrade and customisation choices.

But ultimately, I have to go with Diablo 3. Since I first played Diablo 2 in 2000, I loved the series. While I enjoyed Diablo I've never returned to it since my stint a few years back, but I'm constantly re-installing Diablo 2. The only time it leaves my hard-drive is if I format. The random level-generation, the dungeon crawling, the hundreds of monsters to slaughter, the loot! My God, the loot! Magical armour, weapons, potions, runes, gems, jewels, charms. Then there was the set items that just pwned!

And the characters in Diablo 2 were awesome. My first taste was as my beloved Necromancer! While I played him like a barbarian, I was having fun. Then when I applied my hack'n'slash skills as the Barbarian, my approach bore fruit. This guy was meant to be in the thick of it with his battle shouts and whirlwind attacks and high health and defense with his two-hander axe and heavy armour. Then I returned to the necromancer and played him the way he should be played - as The General. Investing heavily in summoning skills, I'd cruise around the Tamoe Highlands with my skeletal warriors wielding scythe and axe as they charged into the fray, while my skeletal mages hung back with me to lob fire and lightning and poisonous magical death on my hellish foes. In a world where the enemies carries the evil flag and hailed from the underworld, the necromancer really did fight fire with fire as his horrific horde of undead marched before him to take on the Prime Evils.

The Assassin too had a fond place in my heart. It's a wonder I never took to Rogues in World of Warcraft since a lot of their mechanics came form the Assassin. You could choose a standard power-up attack which could build up to 3 conmbo points. Each attack did something special in their own right such as immense or elemental damage, but you could then unleash a finishing move which was better depending on how many combo points you had. This was great for boss battles since they had such high health. And in fights such as the Act 1 finale where there were minions to defeat as well, I'd build up combo's against the weaker enemies then run at the boss and apply a finisher, then rinse and repeat until it was dead.

Wow! That was a hell of a post for just a poll. But I had to share my thoughts on what is a great list of gnmes coming our way and why I'm so passionate about one in particular.

Sanis Prent
Sep 25th, 2011, 11:41:18 AM
Mass Effect 3 is the only game I'm actually thinking of pre-ordering, so yeah that one.

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:17:22 PM
Skyrim, definitely. Though I am playing through Mass Effect 2 right now and am enjoying it a bit.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 29th, 2011, 07:36:56 PM
Funcom's The Secret World deserves a special mention as well, because it is so different from the other MMO's in production.Yes, but Funcom LOL. Funcom you are so terrible.

Thankful for the other option, Guild Wars 2 isn't on the list.

I'm looking forward to everything else except Max Payne 3, DotA 2 and Far Cry 3. I just don't enjoy the FPS as much as I used to. All I'm waiting for is Half-Life 3 and Infinite. Maybe Counter-Strike 2 or Global Ops or whatever. I was interested in BF3 until I read Origin's terms of service. Fuck that. No, you cannot scan my installed programs and files.

I've gotten old :ohno

Sanis Prent
Sep 29th, 2011, 07:47:15 PM
I'm intrigued by Max Payne 3. If it can hang onto it's neo-noir identity, I will be on it

Peter McCoy
Sep 30th, 2011, 01:21:51 AM
I'm worried the setting will hamper it's noir-ish charms. New York all blizzardy and shrouded in a perpetual blanket of no sun is just win. I currently have difficulty seeing how South America will be able to capture the same feelings I got from the first two games. I really hope I'll be pleasantly surprised. And I really hope they include mod tools allow people to make new levels set wherever the hell they like.