PDA

View Full Version : Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Pierce Tondry
Sep 9th, 2011, 04:04:55 PM
This is a SPECIAL POST, so I am making a special appearance at Fans despite my lack of internet to post it.

Christin's sister is getting married.

Some of us crazy nerds met Christin's sister Rachel last year, when we visited Nevada for Burning Nerd. Rachel is a sweetheart and her and her fiancee Flint did Tipsy Trivia with us and she had too much Ouzo and it was fun. They are good people.

Rachel and Flint are, as i hope you are aware by this point in the post, getting married! It happens on September 30th. This is exciting news for all the reasons stated earlier. Plus also they graciously invited me to attend, so there will be extra excitement because I will be there. And really, who doesn't love having me around?

I know where your snarky minds are going right now. Focus!

Rachel is One of Us by virtue of attendance at a SWFans gathering and general acclaim of the nerds present. And she's Christin's sister, and who doesn't love Christin? (I said, FOCUS dammit!) Anyways, I am trying to put together a wedding gift for them from us. Should you wish to contribute, money is not required, but your participation is!

Those who wish to do something for Rachel and Flint should take the following steps:
1) On a piece of paper, create a wedding greeting for R+F. This can involve fond recollections of that time with the Ouzo and the ponies and the S'mores. Or, if you don't have those memories, it can be generic. It could include crudely-drawn pictures, or well-drawn pictures, or no pictures. The key criteria are that it be friendly and honest, but creative, funny, and heartwarming are great too. Have fun with it!
2) E-mail or otherwise send the picture of your wedding greeting to Christin by the weekend of Sept 24th.

That's it! Two steps! And realistically, I don't guess it needs to be on paper. If digital art is your thing, you could digitize something to make it easier on yourself. And it might even be fun to post creations in this thread, just to show them off for props and grins.

So there is my nefarious plan to "be nice to someone on their wedding day". Depending on the number of submissions and the ultimate size of what gets made, we will turn the greeting pictures into a greeting card, or a wall-hanging, or something the happy couple can enjoy. And remember, participation is optionally mandatory.

Seriously. Don't feel like it? Can't get it done in time? No worries. This is just for fun and to bring cheer from SWFans to the world.

Love,
Me!

PS: Danika, if you're reading this, I'm brainstorming something for you next. ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2011, 12:29:04 PM
If folks are planning on contributing, send your pics to me by tomorrow morining at the latest. I'm leaving early wednesday morning, so I won't have access to PS or a printer after that.