PDA

View Full Version : All Hallow's Read

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 9th, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
http://www.allhallowsread.com/

So what is All Hallow’s Read?
All Hallow’s Read is a Hallowe’en tradition. It’s simply that in the week of Hallowe’en, or on the night itself, you give someone a scary book.

A creation of Neil Gaiman, All Hallow's Read is a great excuse to share a scary book with someone :) We've got a while before Halloween, but I thought that we could always start talking about scary books early. Some people might even want to send books to each other, so this will also give plenty of time to organise that.

So what do you guys think? Read any scary books lately?

Rossos Atrapes
Sep 9th, 2011, 02:49:46 PM
Not lately, but John Dies at the End is singular for being a scary book that I didn't dislike after I read it.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 9th, 2011, 02:56:50 PM
It's been a while since I read John Dies at the End but it was such a page turner! Or at least it would have been if I'd been reading it in an actually book. I read it online when it was still on the authors website, where it doesn't appear to be now.. but hey it looks like you can buy the guys book in all kinds of places now!

Vince
Sep 9th, 2011, 04:00:23 PM
Yep! He took it off when it went to publication. I'll buy it for Kindle when I get some money that doesn't go to bills.

Another good (but dear Lord it's long) one is The Stand by Steven King. I'm not partial to his horror/thriller books, but that one is great.