PDA

View Full Version : Battleship (2012)

Rutabaga
Jul 31st, 2011, 05:47:48 PM
The idea that Hollywood is so completely devoid of original ideas that they're now turning to board games is just laughable. There have been the rumors about Ridley Scott and Monopoly for the longest time. And now, we have Battleship.

WTF?

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDMXkPfxjOc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDMXkPfxjOc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

On the plus side, it does have both Liam Neeson and Alexander Skarsgard in it. But overall it looks like a bad Transformers rip-off.

And if anyone anywhere in the movie yells, "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!", well... :twak

Park Kraken
Jul 31st, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
This looks AWESOME!!! The basic premise appears to be that aliens of some kind launch a massive EMP Pulse into orbit that disables satellites and electronics, rendering most of the targeting and missile tech useless, leaving the old Iowa class Battleship as being the most powerful combatant left to fight these ?invaders?. It might even be possible, according to one scene in the trailer, that whatever the aliens might be using is salvaged from old shipwrecks, which might foreshadow a possible Iowa or Wisconsin vs resurrected Yamato or Musashi fight.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:58:17 PM
Well it just looks like another alien invasion film. Not sure why they are even calling it Battleship and don't see nothing in it like the game.

Aidan Fox
Aug 1st, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
Looks like someone forgot to give Michael Bay his medication again.

Maybe it's me, but all those reaction shots seem less "Oh my God!" and more "Wait, what?" This trailer looks worse than Stealth, and that's saying a lot.

Mu Satach
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:18:57 PM
saw the trailer before Cowboys & Aliens -

I have a feeling this film will cause my brain slug to starve to death.

Travis North
Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:58:29 AM
This isn't going straight to DVD?!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Park Kraken
Aug 3rd, 2011, 05:47:57 AM
I was excited, as a naval enthusiast, to see the trailer. When I went and read the description of the film as given, my enthusiam wilted. I might pay to go one time just for the action, to see or not to see how bad Hollywood screws it up.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:48:56 AM
Dear Universal, dont release this shit to Australia, okay?

Aidan Fox
Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:28:30 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_19012_5-hollywood-secrets-that-explain-why-so-many-movies-suck.html

Reason #5 seems particularly apropos. The question is, which two out of four demographics did they think this would appeal to?