PDA

View Full Version : Where would you like to live?

Park Kraken
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:39:02 AM
Where would you like to live, in a summertime away from home area? A thread for those who wish they could live somewhere else during the months of summer. For me, personally, I'd like to live somewhere close enough to reach a city and back in a day's drive, but otherwise out in the country, nice scenery with forests, rivers, and mountians. Ideally, perhaps Yellowstone country within about a 100 miles of Rapid City.

Rossos Atrapes
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:52:33 AM
I wanted to use Montana first because of "Hunt for Red October", ("I would like... to have lived... in Montana.")

Probably an isolated island, preferably with green hills and such so I can make a hobbit hole there.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:01:47 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_7rmSwqwIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_7rmSwqwIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Crusader
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:52:55 AM
WHAT AN ISOLATED ISLAND ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They don't have broadband internet there!

What about a nice house at the mediterain sea with a lot of cultural hotspots surrounding you?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:24:18 AM
^ Pretty much this. I think in all seriousness I would vote for Italy.

Rutabaga
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:50:26 AM
I would love to live in the English or Scottish countryside. :)

Sanis Prent
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:30:23 AM
As I age, I love my home more and more, so I can't imagine parting from Dixie.

Peter McCoy
Jun 11th, 2011, 12:30:38 PM
<object width="480" height="390">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_7rmSwqwIc?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></object>

The first 55 seconds of that song sound like they could be part of the System Shock 2 soundtrack.

I'd neve rwant to live anywhere else other than Liverpool, but I'd like to have second homes in Tokyo and New England and spend a few months ther every so often.

Polly Smithson
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:09:30 PM
I don`t know if I could stay in one place - after about a year I get really uncomfortable and need to stretch my wings. That being said, eventually when I`m older I`d like to live out in the country somewhere, away from people and electricity and all of that. Just have some land with a river running through it and some Jersey cattle and dogs and quiet. Nowhere witha true winter, though, as I`d die - maybe in Swaziland but it would be ideal if it were Kenya. Hopefully I`ll be able to buy the land by the time I`m 35 and start building when I`m 40-ish. You`re all invited to come work the land with me! ;)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:49:40 PM
As long as I have enough money to shred tires and some nice roads I'm probably ok with it. And broadband. I've never been to southern Europe but it sounds nice.

I'm done with Florida, though.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:52:18 PM
Okay I'm changing my vote to living on the nerd plantation with Liz.

Crusader
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:23:00 PM
If we ever make a meeting in south Africa it should be called "Invitation to Nerd Plantation" :D

Yog
Jun 29th, 2011, 02:02:08 PM
Tampa Bay, Florida. Cheap houses, nice climate. :)

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 29th, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
No place like home, even if it's 48 degrees C