PDA

View Full Version : Under the Sea

Varun Petrov
May 17th, 2011, 02:24:37 PM
The water was warming up Varun could feel it as he dived into the pacific from his underwater home. Thanks to a friend he had found a nice sized underwater cavern that offered him a nice place to get away from the craziness of a world that was growing ever more intolerant of his kind. They were scared of them, as they should be. He had, on many occations, attacked the unevolved because of their insolance.

For the past two years he had lived under the sea training gaining more and more control and power. His underwater palace was beautifully cut, by Varun, from the cavern walls. Also he had spent much of his time searching the ocean floor for gold and treasures that many never know existed. In the two years he had horded quite a large amount of gold, precious stones (rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and pearls) from sunken ships.

After two years of "pushing against the stones" his body had toned up nicely, his black hair was longer (down to his shoulder), and his ice blue eyes shone with intensity. He was ready to venture out once more and rediscover the world. His swim to the cost was very easy concidering that he used the force of the water to push him and he could now "breath" the water. He reached the shore in no time. He was right people had started to croud the beach once more. He rolled his eyes as he came up out of the water near a group of gigling teenaged girls. Their screams highly annoyed him.

Phedre Kallianos
May 19th, 2011, 12:12:48 AM
The sun was slowly beginning to set, bathing the beach in the lush, golden light of late afternoon. While Los Angeles lacked in many of the things she loved, it certainly had lovely moments. And now was one of them.

Phe sighed as she tossed aside her cover-up and kicked off her sandals (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=31653776), taking the time to smooth out her favorite beach towel before settling herself just so in the middle of it. The soft teal and silver of her bikini gleamed against her tan skin (http://i51.tinypic.com/8yri38.jpg), garnering her more than a few lingering looks. Even the occasional gawker who stopped to stare...

...until she took off her designer sunglasses and winked with swirling orbs of water. After that, the mundanes left her alone and gave her a clear space of beach all to herself. Phe tossed them into her beach bag and leaned back on her elbows, soaking in the late afternoon sun. The breeze toyed with her sable curls, but soon bringing a spray of seawater along with it.

Frowning, she looked down to the water and heard the screams from a herd of teenage girls before she caught sight of the cause. Emerging from the water was a man whom the water seemed to cling to as it swirled around him. Phedre sat up and narrowed her swirling gaze, concentrating for a moment and sending a small swirl of water to soak the screaming girls into spluttering silence.

People scattered and ran, some gathering their things, others forgoing them entirely. Phe smirked and rose from her towel, sauntering down the sand to meet the mutant emerging from the ocean. "A delightful entrance, if I do say so myself...scaring the mundanes is always good fun." she purred in slightly accented English.

Varun Petrov
May 19th, 2011, 06:46:59 PM
Varun smiled when he saw the girls sputtering.

"So you like se vater, huh."

His ice-blue eyes narrowed as the current turned out to sea grabbing the girsl by their ankles pulling them under for only a moment. He turned his gaze once more to the beach that was littered with the unevolved. Varun felt her before she even moved from her beach towl, a godess she seemed. He turned his head only slightly as helooked intently at her as she approached.

"It is better for sem sat sey run," his strong accent heavy with malice. "But you. . . you are not like sem. . ." He held his hand inches from the side of her head as the warm sea water caressed her cheeck. Realizing his surroundings he put his hand to his side.

Phedre Kallianos
May 19th, 2011, 09:23:15 PM
The malice that dripped from his tone drew a wicked smile to her glossy lips. Her head tilted, the warm caress of the water not unwelcome, but a new source of delight. Phe had never met anyone with gifts like hers, and her curiosity consumed her.

"No, I am not like them. I...am like you..." Phedre said softly, eyes darkening to the color of the deep ocean. Water swirled around their legs with the next wave, and curled along her skin until she disappeared and only a column of water remained for a brief moment. It splashed to the sand and seemed to run out with the receding wave until she reformed behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"...better." she finished, smiling.

Varun Petrov
May 20th, 2011, 01:56:33 PM
Varun turned with a grin as he looked into her swirling eyes. His own eyes reflected the sun like light off snow covered mountains. His head tilted to the left as he saw her smile.

"Varun Petrov." He said softly taking the young ladies hand and kissing it softly.

"HEY FREAKS!!!" some drunken mundane called out before Phe could respond, "WHY DON'T YA GO BACK TO HELL AND LEAVE US NORMAL PEOPLE ALONE!!!"

In one quick motion Varun had released her hand and made a thowing motion at the man, with a yell of rage. As he did a single jet of water sprung from the water, solidified into a javeline of ice, and landed squarly in the man's chest.

"You go to hell! I'll see you their."

The people near by screamed, many took off running some pulled out cell phones. Seeing the people react the anger in side churned like an ocean storm. Looking back to Phe he said, "I must go. . ."

Phedre Kallianos
May 21st, 2011, 01:44:47 PM
Such a gentleman...she mused, almost not noticing the sheath of ice jutting from the drunk man's chest. Phe sighed as the panic and fear became more palpable, changing the panicked scrambling into outright hysteria. Those that remained and tried to photograph or call for help soon found themselves and their delicate technology set upon by waves of salt water.

A practiced hand at instilling fear, Phedre looked briefly out towards a buoy not far from shore. In mere seconds, thick, powerful tendrils of seemingly solid water rose up to surround it, writhing as if beneath the churning surface there lurked a massive, hungry beast. She lifted a hand and touched Varun's shoulder just as the metal contraption was bent horribly out of shape and flung toward the beach as if it were a discarded child's toy.

"We should both go. Have you been in Los Angeles long?" she asked, her voice slightly strained as she kept part of her concentration on the water construct that had moved closer. As Phe gathered her things and slipped back into her cover-up and sandals, the beast's tentacles slapped onto the sand reaching for the stragglers before they dragged the ruined buoy and the body underneath the waves.

Varun Petrov
May 22nd, 2011, 08:55:47 AM
"Sis is my first time."

Varun said as he looked over Phe's shoulder as he watched Phe at work. He looked once more at the scrambling people. One person had managed to pull out a camera with a big lense from some distance. They had taken his picture and was now trying to focus on Phe . Reacting he lifted his hands causing water to create a wall that separated them from the view of the camera.

"My place or yours?" He said with a grin.

Phedre Kallianos
May 23rd, 2011, 12:22:39 AM
His expression drew a matching one to her features, as she took his proffered arm, fingertips resting lightly on his elbow. Her free hand drew her neatly packed bag onto her shoulder.

"How about mine? I've only just moved in...you'll be my very first guest." Phe grinned, tugging him gently towards where she'd parked the expensive car (http://automobilesdeluxe.tv/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-california/blue-ferrari-california-1280-05.jpg) that had been conveniently waiting in the garage of the house she was...borrowing. It sounded so much nicer than the reality of how she'd come by it. Not that anyone needed to know.

"I'm Phedre, by the way. Phedre Kallianos." she added as they reached the car and tossed her bag into the back seat.

Varun Petrov
May 23rd, 2011, 06:53:25 PM
Varun cocked an eyebrow when he felt her touch him, a faint smile played on his lips. the wall followed them to keep away any unwanted pictures.

"It is a pleasure to meet you." He said getting into the passenger's seat.

He looked once more at the wall that towered before them. He closed his eyes as he took a long deep breath. As he inhailed the wall in front of them seemed to grow more dense and higher. With a sharp exhail the water splintered shooting jets of water in every direction some solidifiing right before they hit cars or buildings.