PDA

View Full Version : Those Left Behind (Andrew Crest)

Piper Crest
May 16th, 2011, 10:38:37 PM
OOC: Could not find X-men tag/icon to mark for this thread.

The music could not be heard as much as expected beyond the front of the warehouse. Either the place was well insulated or was just designed to not stick out, which made sense considering the type of individuals within this place. It had taken a lot of questioning, flirting and searching to find this place. The Haven was a down low place and everything about it said inconspicuous. To those who had been here took the name of this place seriously. It really was a haven to many.

Getting in was not hard though. Especially with a sweet smile, tight pair of jeans and ridiculously high heels; mutant and human bouncers were both alike. Always looking for fine young thang to add to the party.

Inside was fairly simple for a nightclub and too small for the structure of the warehouse. It did not take much to understand that there should be more to this place, and there probably was on another level. The trick was to find it. Walking through the club was a like visiting several foreign places in one. The spectrum of people was magnificent. Humans and mutants mingling together in the same place with the exact same thing in common. Exile.

Piper frowned with sad realization. Exiles housing exiles in an isolated place. The psychology about this was textbook.

The passage through the club was difficult. Dancing bodies, cheesy pickup lines, awkward closeness, it was all overwhelming. Groups of humans and mutants were scattered along the walls of the warehouse. A man moved by, who had scales all over his body and others with nearly frightening mutations were left and right. She even spotted a bartender with four arms. It did not seem to matter though. But all existed in a sort of harmony. What a place.

After a fair amount of determination and sneaky escapes, Piper finally came across another bouncer. This most likely led to where she wanted. Her attire and smile worked again and she ascended another flight. The same spiel happened on the next floor. Dancing bodies, sweating, grinding. Oh lovely. And yet again, there had to be more beyond this floor.

All this trouble was starting to get on her nerves. She was not a patient person and this was getting a little much. Three floors or more, really?

Finally, she found, yet another bouncer. Was it just the lighting, or were all these bouncers the same guy? Regardless, exposed skin and charm was not enough this time.

“I apologize, ma’am, but ya ain’t allowed up any further.” The triplet bouncer spoke in a slight Southern accent and his usage of ‘ma’am’ was fairly offense. She managed to keep a cool head, but seriously, did she look like a ‘ma’am’?

“Well, hunny bunches,” she spoke with a hint of attitude. “I need to see the head honcho. You know, the Big Cheese. The guy that owns your butt.”

He frowned at her comment and folded his arms over his chest. Apparently her lingo was just as offensive as his. He seemed to inflate a bit, maybe a form of intimidation or maybe a part of his mutation, but Piper stayed straight faced and unmoved. Guys and their friggin’ God complexes. “Unless you have one hell of a good reason. You ain’t goin’ anywhere.”

Her brown eyes narrowed. All right, you giant goon.

“My ‘hell of a good’ reason?” She glared at him. “I’m his sister. I think that’s one hell of a good reason. Now, why don’t you patch that through your little ear piece thingy there, instead of wasting my time.”