PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the Jedi

Terrus Vall
May 15th, 2011, 08:00:33 PM
Terrus could not make out the man’s face very well, but he could see the tattoo on the man’s neck that marked the man as the one that Terrus was looking for. Terrus moved cautiously forward into the crowded old Corellean cantina towards the figure sitting at the bar. Terrus could still hardily make out the man’s face which was hidden well under the figures hair, along with the dim cantina lights. Terrus felt as though he had hawk bats swirling around in his stomach. The whole meet made him nervous. Behind him was a robed and hooded girl following so close that she nearly bumped into him when he stopped to let an angry looking bothan pass by. Saros Fay. The two of them had found it more beneficial to partner up in their search for the wheel being that they were both force users.

As Terrus reached the bar, he pulled himself on top of one of the wooden stools and slowly sat down next to the man who they had come to see. Terrus looked to the bartender.

“Ill have water, and one for the lady to.” He said as Saros took a seat next to him barely revealing her face from under the grey hood.
“Water huh?” Said the old man. Terrus glanced at the old man.

“I don’t drink in front of my sister.” Terrus said. The sentence worked like a password. It had been arranged by the two to ensure that they were both talking to the real contact and not some imperial spy.

Terrus could make out the old man’s face as he turned around to look at Terrus and Saros. He had a scar on his left cheek and a face that was wrinkled so much that the wrinkles of skin bounced as he moved.

“So you’re looking for the wheel huh?” Asked the aged rebel.

“I need to know where it is going next.” Responded Terrus

The old man scanned the Cantina cautiously for a moment and then looked back at Terrus.

“You would have better luck finding a way to get out of a sarlaccs stomach.” The man let out something of a chuckle mixed with a cough.

“You said you knew where it was going next.” Terrus said.
Behind the two sat Sarlos who had been keeping an eye out for any one that looked like an imperial hardly paying attention to the conversation that her partner and the old timer were having.

“Look kid, there isn’t anything in this galaxy that is free, do you have the credits I asked for?”

Terrus reached down into the pocket of his jacket and took out a credit chip. He then placed it on the table in front of the old man.

“You have your money, I and my partner here have been looking for you for a while now; we have paid your price. No more small talk, just give us the location so that we can be out of here.” Terrus said.

The old man put his hand over the credit chip and slid it off the table into the pocket of his trousers.

“Alright kid, there is no wheel, no more Jedi. It’s all gone, it was destroyed.” With that, the old man began laughing hysterically.

Terrus felt himself grow angry. He could feel the man was lying; it was starting to become clear that the old rebel knew nothing about the wheel any longer and was just wasting their time.

“Let’s go Saros, this was a waste.” Terrus said as he stood and began to head towards the door while being followed by his partner.