PDA

View Full Version : Here comes a Freight Train!

Freight Train
May 4th, 2011, 12:26:06 PM
So I don't have enough to do. Part of why I volunteered Flux to be a prisoner is because I didn't think I'd have enough time with my night job to post much. Turns out, I have more time than I thought. X-Force is slowly getting off the ground, but I'd still like more to do. I want to keep focus on the Mutant setting for the moment, as I'm even more lost on Star Wars than I was on Mutants when Klaus/Stern/Wei mentioned the latest Mutant storylines, and I thought maybe that might not be a bad way to get Freight Train back into action.

Currently, she's moved back out to Ohio with her parents, after the mayhem that was the House/Gang war thread which she participated in last. I'm sure she's worried about her friends back in Los Santos, maybe especially Jamie and Taya, who's moved back out there for school. I can't imagine Train would really know what was happening, aside from what she could get from national news stations and the like. Would anybody like to be her "penpal", as it were? Trade emails/text messages and clue Freight Train into what's going on? I don't know how I'd involve her directly, but I was hoping that something like this might create the opening, and give other characters the chance to be brutally honest with their opinions and things regarding the Mutant Registration Act and the Rally/Riot, etc., since Train won't be publishing the emails and things like Taya's interviews. Or is this too similar a concept to the interview threads?

Also, if any curious Star Wars players pop their heads in and want to try to tempt back into writing there, feel free.

Taya Robbins
May 6th, 2011, 08:56:45 PM
Taya would be happy to stay in touch with Train, but obviously that doesn't connect her to the House.

We could have a thread that functions as a discussion forum for the characters, like Banner's blog from way back... but I don't think I want to commit myself to writing the huge, page-scrolling polemicals Alex would be posting on there. :lol

Flux
May 7th, 2011, 06:57:54 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing back the Mutant Blog thing. That actually might be better, in a way.

Tom Harriman
May 7th, 2011, 03:35:42 PM
I don't know if it's necessarily a route back to LA, but Jericho and Vanguard have a scope that stretches beyond just LA. Just for the sake of argument, it could be that Vanguard picks Freight Train up in Ohio, and carts her off to one of their facilities in/near California. She breaks out, goes on the run, and heads for the House because she knows she's got friends there who can help her hide.

Or, hell... there might be scope for some sort of Vanguard involvement. We'd have to scheme it over with Andrew (recruiting kids probably isn't Vanguard's style), but I'm starting up a "Rick Flag" sort of character... might be cool to give him a "Suicide Squad"?

Flux
May 8th, 2011, 08:26:45 AM
Well, if they feel it's worthwhile to have a loudmouthed, surly 14-year-old girl on that team and think they can control her power, it's an option I would consider.