PDA

View Full Version : Switching to non-mobile style problem

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:13:56 AM
We just got an iPad (1, not 2) and while I've never had a problem choosing to browse the forums in the non mobile style with my iPhone, it will not allow me to choose the 'non-mobile style' option now with the iPad. I'm not sure why this is but it's annoying me, lol. I can click the link at the bottom of the page, but it only takes me to the main forums page in the mobile style.

Droo
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:19:40 AM
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S, and for some reason I've never been able to browse the forums in a non-mobile style, despite clicking on the option for it. If it's possible to resolve this, I'd greatly appreciate it as the mobile style drives me mad.

Y'roth Helghast
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:46:47 AM
i dunno if its the model of phone but im using my samsung impression right now and i can switch back and forth between either mode i think

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2011, 11:56:38 AM
Show off! :shakefist

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:40:22 PM
It's weird since the iPhone always you to browse the forums in any styleset you want. I can't think why the iPad wouldn't, since surely it's just a fancy iPhone...

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:51:36 PM
Well the link at the bottom of the mobile style that says "Non-mobile style" (or site I can't recall at the moment) does not work. I clicked it a lot and it did nothing at all, leaving me in the mobile style.

Since I'm only using wifi and not any sort of dataplan its pretty pointless and I don't like the lack of pictures and features. :mneh Don't get me wrong I like that we have a mobile style I just wish I could chose not to use it. ;)

And so does Droo. :p

Morgan Evanar
Apr 29th, 2011, 01:11:56 PM
If you use firefox for android it will browse in a normal style. I'm not sure why on Chrome mobile it won't switch.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2011, 01:26:18 PM
But I'm using Safari. It works on my phone but not on the pad. :huh

Morgan Evanar
Apr 29th, 2011, 02:44:38 PM
I was adressing Droo's issue. I don't know why your iDevice is being retarded.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
:p oh fine

TheHolo.Net
Apr 29th, 2011, 06:15:27 PM
I personally refuse all iDevice support. Sorry if it sucks for you, but this forum software was designed way before your fancy proprietary paperweights, and I don't really have the time to redesign something that works for 90% of everything out there, mobile and not so mobile. :D

Droo
Apr 29th, 2011, 07:04:01 PM
If you use firefox for android it will browse in a normal style. I'm not sure why on Chrome mobile it won't switch.

I had no idea I could use Firefox for my phone. Cheers mate, it works a charm.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2011, 12:26:30 AM
Fair enough, you grumpies. I was only wondering if it was something that was a thing, or what was going on as I hadn't had that problem before. Sorry?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 30th, 2011, 07:33:24 AM
I apologize if I came off grumpy, but I have an aversion to all things Apple/MAC.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:07:07 AM
http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11088?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuet abpanels%3Achangehistory-tabpanel

I found this on the vbulletin forums. It's the opposite occuring, in that the mobile style won't stick, but seems to suggest at least that you're not alone in experiencing this issue with the iPad.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:10:50 AM
There are a few issues with that link. First and most important of all being that we do not use vB4. We have vB3. Second, our mobile style is a custom hacked style, not a vB provided one. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:13:55 AM
Oh well, that was the only thing I could find about it ^_^;

TheHolo.Net
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:16:50 AM
Your link does prove one thing though. iPads have issues with vB that even the vB developers haven't fixed. I am far from being any where close to as skilled as any vB developer.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:30:28 AM
I thought you could do anything with just a snap of your fingers, Ogre. My world... it's falling apart around me. :ohno

TheHolo.Net
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:36:23 AM
Shhhh, don't let the secret spread.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2011, 12:52:44 AM
Ok, so, if you have an iDevice like me (lol) download the Atomic browser and you can set it to browse as though it is a desktop. Solution found!