PDA

View Full Version : An X-Men based setting with no X-Men!?

Flux
Apr 19th, 2011, 07:44:06 PM
Is there any interest in reviving the X-Men as a faction? Is Redencion (pretend the accent mark is there) House going to become the new X-Men somehow? Or the MCU? Because we have an active Brotherhood, and we have Government Oppression (Like, 3 whole factions of it, almost) but no X-Men. In the Marvel Universe, there's a West Coast branch of Xavier's school from which X-Men issue forth and do battle/make PR/etc. Is there such a thing for Cullen's? I know the last iteration of Cullen's was more Soap Opera than Ass-Kicking Mutant Battles (at least, by my own evaluation), but that doesn't mean we can't dress all in black and yellow spandex and go out and thwart crime as semi-colorful vigilantes this time.

Aidan Fox
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:02:05 PM
Presumably the X-Men are still active - it's just that the interest has migrated to the Los Santos setting. There was so much going on with trying to maintain a school that's also a secret training facility and a home base for international vigilantes that people either burnt out or lost interest.

But there's nothing to stop us from drumming up an X-Men West. Several of the Redencion House kids are getting old enough to take sides in the gene war, and a few are already being groomed by the Brotherhood. I think it would be great to have a heroic alternative, something more streamlined and focused than Cullen's turned out to be.

Carlos and Jacinda are going to be in town soon. If you've got a character in mind and can persuade them to join up, that would be an awesome core for a new team. :)

Flux
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:09:19 PM
I was thinking that the school life part could be pushed into the background as part of the hum-drum. Nobody in the House posts about going to school, even though its part of her condition for people living there. It's like how nobody in Dungeons & Dragons roleplays pooping; we assume that at a natural break in the action, that happens.

So, yes, they attend school there, and yes, they live there, but we give the on-screen time to stuff like the Danger Room and altercations out in the world. Yes, there'll still be the interpersonal drama and whatever that can play out on-screen, but hopefully we can get it tied onto the actiony part.

I thought Carlos was part of the La Raza gang movement? Also, I have zero idea who Jacinda even IS. >_<; Like, as a character and a person who sits at a computer and writes. I vaguely remember a plan to have her make a hurricane, but...that's it. Hadn't realized I'd been gone so long.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:15:12 PM
Its also summer time, that's why no one's in school right now. ;)

edit: I don't have a problem with the X-men being RPed, Redencion House is not a replacement for Cullen's it is a different setting not intended to "become the XMen." With Redencion we can tell intimate stories about 'real' people, and the characters are taking the forefront I think, not a super group of vigilantes.

Also when everything was originally being RPed at Cullens there were very few X-Men stories being done even then.

But! With the Los Angeles Mutant Riots about to kick off in an IC month or so, that is a big way to get the x-men involved if the members want to be, not to mention some of the things the Brotherhood is up to and probably needs opposing (or helping, as the case may be). Ethan and Saladin may need to work together! :uhoh

Flux
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:21:58 PM
I was referring back to before I disappeared, when it was spring, but yes. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:26:09 PM
Well, originally when we started Redencion it was spring, but we also had only NPC kids here (and you). We didn't really get very far before interest waned and people started bailing, only in the most plot important RP we'd attempted so far of course. :lol

But yes, interesting things don't tend to happen at school.

Aidan Fox
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:38:33 PM
I'd be resistant to the idea of a Cullen's clone in LA right now, because it would seem to make Redencion House redundant - at least as far as providing a home for mutant kids who have nowhere else to go. After the riots though... who knows. The house might get utterly demolished in the fracas. I could see Cullen's asking Anna to help open a new branch in LA. I still like the idea of still sending the kids to area schools, though. That way we wouldn't have to maintain a whole faculty of NPC mutants, and we can just focus on a few mentors like Anna and Aidan who help the kids cope with their powers.

But that's long-range speculation. I'm more than happy to discuss any ideas you may have now. :)

EDIT: Just want to add - as much fun as we had with the old Cullen's setting, I'm not interested in recreating it. In a lot of ways, it was unwieldy and confusing, which made it difficult to really advance the story arc. Redencion has been much more focused, largely because of the desperate circumstances the characters are in. We have very concrete sources of conflict, both from within and from without. Whatever the next phase is, I'd want to preserve that direction and momentum.

Anna Fernandez
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:46:54 PM
After the riots things will be significantly different at the House, yes.

I don't see a problem with the X-Men operating in LA in the same way that the Brotherhood does now. *shrug* But there would have to be interest in it, and people who wanted to contribute to the overall story and not splinter our existing story-arc too terribly much.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 19th, 2011, 08:49:36 PM
I had considered having Henri travel to Los Angeles to set up essentially a western campus of Cullens, but not gotten around to it. If there's interest for that sort of thing, I'd be game.

Stern
Apr 19th, 2011, 09:15:44 PM
The MCU can offer self-defense courses or recruit outright. I am considering having Stern make the MCU uniforms different in a significant way outside of a patch on the sleeve of the uniforms.

I think adding one more faction to the mix might spread things out too thinly.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2011, 09:22:35 PM
I think an X-Men group (was there ever really one to begin with?) cameo might be as far as I would want to go. Agreeing with Stern, don't want to spread out too thin.

And then Redencion rebuilding with Cullen's help. Henri could come over to help Anna, be a mentor to the kids, whatever. :)

Jacinda Blake
Apr 19th, 2011, 09:41:26 PM
Jacinda is in New York right now, at Cullen's catching up with Dragon and Chartis. She will be heading west soonish, and yes..as Tempest she is one of the X-men and yes, she will be bringing that aspect with her, but.. eventually. :lol She's going on leave for a while. :p They (Carlos and Jacinda, and I'm guessing Tess, Taya and Chris at least!) don't need to play students anymore as they've graduated, but she will maintain her ties with Cullen's and the X-men. :)

Carlos Calaveras
Apr 20th, 2011, 03:15:35 AM
Carlos never was, and never will be, part of La Raza. Just for reference :)

I think an X-Men group (was there ever really one to begin with?)

There was! The majority of the faculty at Cullen's were part of the X-Men, on the side, along with a few of the olders students... but as with the Los Santos RPs, the focus was generally not on their exploits as the X-Men.. unless they were running training simulations in the Danger Room.

I think Carlos would probably be up for starting a chapter of Cullen's out west, but I can't imagine how that would come about really, unless Ethan Daniels instigated it.

Or it evolved from the Greek Club (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Greek_Club) at Steve Rogers High. I know that some of the kids there had moved on to greener pastures (Lana, notably) but it would be interesting to see them acting as amateur heroes as they grow up.. and finally establish their own team, somewhere down the line.

Whatever the 'new X-Men' would be like, we can assume that the old team is still operating over at Cullen's, and that the 'new X-Men' would have to be set up in a way different enough from them, and Redencion House, to keep things fresh.

Definitely something to think about.

Francoise Dupont
Apr 20th, 2011, 03:18:45 AM
Incidentally I am open to cameos with Francoise (who was one of the founding members of the X-Men, and is effectively the universe's Jean Grey.)

For those who aren't aware, she is still getting to grips with her ability to move through space and time - but is available for a cameo whenever someone needs the prophetic impetus to do something.

We could even do some 'First Class' threads, if that would be something the other original X-Men players would be interested in.

Flux
Apr 20th, 2011, 05:41:23 AM
Wow, lots of great feedback and stuff. I wasn't thinking of setting it up as a school so much, since that was what bogged it all down in the first place. I was thinking a strike team, goes about their normal lives, then a Mission Control type character calls them all in, they do a mission, they disperse. There'd be a Danger Room, a Hangar for awesome vechicles, locker rooms and a briefing room, but that'd be about it.

I never wanted to marginalize the House or MCU, and I'm sorry I got Carlos mixed up with another character. Is it Pedro, then? Someone Calaveras is in La Raza, or else my brain no longer functions correctly. But, regarding the House and MCU, I would like to think the X-Men could come to the aid of the House in some way if it were needed, and maybe have a member or two play Batman to Stern's Commissioner Gordon.

Bottom Line: I want garishly costumed superheroes because dammit, we tag our threads with "X-MEN". If we don't make an X-Men team that's fine, but it started nagging at me last night and I had to say something.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:25:19 AM
I was thinking a strike team, goes about their normal lives, then a Mission Control type character calls them all in, they do a mission, they disperse. There'd be a Danger Room, a Hangar for awesome vechicles, locker rooms and a briefing room, but that'd be about it.

If someone had an idea for, or an existing, character who could fund/direct this, I don't think this would be difficult to pull off. Must put my thinking cap on...

Flux
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:32:03 AM
No existing characters, but I did have an idea for a brother and sister, fraternal twins, whose powers of heightened strength, speed, reflexes, and agility was swapped between them by physical touch. I was going to have them share the codename Tradeskill and at least be part of the team, if not the instigators/leaders.

Mirror
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:20:02 AM
I have this character I made when Cullen's was waning that never did anything. (This is Stern, btw.)

His power was that he could immediately copy the mutations of any mutant within a certain yardage of himself. That was how he found mutants to recruit.

Any of these ideas sound good, though.

Riley Grace
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:06:35 AM
You know, we could use an MU version of Emma Frost, the way Francoise is our Jean Gray. I'd be willing to create someone to do it (I've had the idea for ages as it is) to be the source of funding and a team member. Riley would be willing to become a team member as well.

Jacinda Blake
Apr 20th, 2011, 10:28:29 AM
Jacinda has just come into an inheritance, and she's seen in the future (thank you Fran) that she will one day be Prof. Calaveras :cool so she'd be on board to help out! She was also a teacher's aid to the smaller kids at Cullen's so yay experience!

Flux
Apr 20th, 2011, 11:13:19 AM
Well, good to see we've got lots of funding volunteers. I, personally, would rather we steer away from having the West Coast X-Men saddled with a school to run. If we ran a school, I'd rather it be a background event entirely, for reasons cited in previous postings.

Jacinda Blake
Apr 20th, 2011, 01:58:56 PM
Well, not to be the voice of adversity but I am on the other side totally. :p We started out with an X-men setting (Danger Room threads, London's Burning etc...) and it has become... an LA gang war w/mutants?:huh

Personally I'd love to see a return of some of the original Cullen's X-men team. If we want a subsidized Cullen's west coast branch, or even just a few missions of the X-men themselves, recruiting a west coast branch in the process whatever! :)

Wyl Staedtler
Apr 20th, 2011, 02:08:01 PM
Gah, I totally forgot our thread! Will post as Clarity today! ^_^

I`m not too keen on another school setting myself but with so many Cullen`s alumni now on the West Coast and the social/political situation as electric as it is, a California incarnation of the X-team could come about quite naturally.

Jacinda Blake
Apr 20th, 2011, 02:13:48 PM
Exactly! :)

Aidan Fox
Apr 20th, 2011, 03:17:11 PM
Well, not to be the voice of adversity but I am on the other side totally. :p We started out with an X-men setting (Danger Room threads, London's Burning etc...) and it has become... an LA gang war w/mutants?:huh

It became that because the X-Men setting had become inactive for the third time, and even when people were posting at Cullen's, the X-Men themselves hardly did anything. We put our heads together and created a new setting that better fit the kind of story the active RPers at the time wanted to tell. And particularly in this newest iteration, we've made huge strides in telling that story, and several of us are very heavily invested in it and want to see it to its completion.

But that's getting off-topic from the original post. I think an X-Men presence can work in LA, but it's not going to be the same as Cullen's. If you want to RP Cullen's, then go ahead, it's still there! :)

If you want to start an X-Men West, it needs to fit into the structure of what we've spent a couple years now creating and developing. Creating a whole Cullen's campus in LA would drastically change the landscape - instead of Redencion House being the last refuge for underprivileged mutant kids with nowhere else to go, it would be Redencion House or... that mansion outside town with space-age facilities and free private education.

Now, something like a covert training facility that supports a small, mobile team of dedicated operatives? I think that would work beautifully. They'd really be the Brotherhood's opposite number, and they wouldn't be bogged down with the logistical and hierarchical problems that made Cullen's so unwieldy. I get the idea that's more what Felix had in mind for X-Men West.

Flux
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:53:58 PM
But that's getting off-topic from the original post. I think an X-Men presence can work in LA, but it's not going to be the same as Cullen's. If you want to RP Cullen's, then go ahead, it's still there! :)

If you want to start an X-Men West, it needs to fit into the structure of what we've spent a couple years now creating and developing. Creating a whole Cullen's campus in LA would drastically change the landscape - instead of Redencion House being the last refuge for underprivileged mutant kids with nowhere else to go, it would be Redencion House or... that mansion outside town with space-age facilities and free private education.

Now, something like a covert training facility that supports a small, mobile team of dedicated operatives? I think that would work beautifully. They'd really be the Brotherhood's opposite number, and they wouldn't be bogged down with the logistical and hierarchical problems that made Cullen's so unwieldy. I get the idea that's more what Felix had in mind for X-Men West.

Yes, all of this is totally in line with what I'm thinking. As Holly pointed out, there are tons of public schools in Los Santos, and with Mutant tensions on the rise, I can imagine a few schools would have teachers bailing out for less politically-charged locales. A compromise could be that when Jacinda isn't thwarting the Brotherhood she's teaching the youth at a local public school.

If we wanted to kick-start Cullen's again on the East Coast, that could totally be doable. I'm sure there's still a strong Brotherhood presence in New York to be opposed, and intrigue and subterfuge and all else.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2011, 08:15:11 PM
I don't think anyone has to worry about toes being stepped on, because that is what i am reading is the biggest concern. Just because people express an interest in bringing some old characters back, don't feel that hard work is going to be thrown out the window. Posters that are able to find a groove to make a setting work is commendable. As with anything we do here. :)

I am up for any suggestions. Reason I even posted as Ethan in the roll call was because of the damn sex thread XD I saw old names and went oh yeah. How he would fit in anywhere is open for consideration.

Flux
Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:09:32 AM
Ok, well, I've been giving it some extra thought. I suppose the first question to answer is: Do we want X-Men west tied to Cullen's Institute, or should they be a separate group that merely copies the example of the Cullen's X-Men team? By answering that, we answer the question of where their funding is coming from (either from Cullen's, or an independent source).

Droo
Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:26:57 AM
I like the idea of it being a separate entity entirely. An independent group who can team up with the X-Men in the future. Also, being unaffiliated with Cullen's means that this group could be a little rough around the edges and deviate a bit from the good-two-shoes spirit of the X-Men, which given our current location, is rather fitting.

Flux
Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:44:24 AM
Sounds like the latest iteration of X-Force; a team that can "do the questionable things a team like the X-Men can't, but needs to do". I confess it's a direction I hadn't considered, but I enjoy it. :evil

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:29:13 AM
Dee and I were talking about setting this up somewhere like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graymalkin_Industries - hidden military complex oh my

Flux
Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:33:59 AM
Who is Dee!? I need to know who else I owe a high-five to.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 23rd, 2011, 11:34:12 AM
Dee is 'Lana :)

Svetlana Ustinov
Apr 23rd, 2011, 03:41:03 PM
*accepts the high five* :D

I'm really looking forward to this, since its a change for me to help establish something instead of jumping in on something existing :)

Dahlia Ericsson
Apr 23rd, 2011, 03:42:37 PM
Which I would do with this character, my new Emma Frost-ish character. Though really, old family wealth and diamond skin is the only thing they have in common.

Tradeskill
Apr 23rd, 2011, 09:20:05 PM
This would be mine, as mentioned earlier in-thread. [/Felix]

Surge
Apr 24th, 2011, 02:46:11 AM
Here's my contribution to the team :D [/Dasq]

Flux
Apr 24th, 2011, 06:38:42 AM
Hooray, the roster is filling out! Should we put a cap on the initial line-up? Also, any suggestions for our first thread? And, not a question this time, I like the idea of this team being X-Force, to make a greater distinction from the East Coast's X-Men.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:20:10 AM
Well, if we are playing the angle that the facility is relatively new.. we could start out with just the 4 of us and get some action. In the aftermath, we can patch up any wounds and decide that we can't put off recruiting new members any longer?

Flux
Apr 24th, 2011, 07:27:12 AM
Part of me wants to play a safe route and do a Danger Room exercise, but then, part of me really really wants to just jump right into the thick of it with the Brotherhood or Vanguard or even Tres Onces if we wanted to go small potatoes. Also, who's our fourth? Or are we counting both the people that are Tradeskill?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:49:47 AM
I was thinking of Tradeskill as two people :)

A run in with the Brotherhood could be fun. Or a Danger Room run in with the Brotherhood, to play it safe :P

Anna Fernandez
Apr 24th, 2011, 11:36:48 AM
The Silver Fox! Anderson Cooper is so dreamy. :swoon:

Dahlia Ericsson
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:37:37 PM
Oh, the real Brotherhood would be soooo much more fun....:D

Captain Untouchable
Apr 24th, 2011, 11:15:19 PM
After talking with Dee, I would like to throw two characters into the ring. The first one (Tom Harriman) I still need to hash out some details on.

The other is Hurucan, who has superspeed and electrokinesis, is a homicidal psychopath, and is also a surprisingly articulate Brit. If you require a villain - particularly if it's a villain you want to be able to capture and lock away Magneto / Sylar style, he's utterly at your service.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:03:08 AM
Hurucan and Surge have very similar powers >_<

Flux
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:44:18 AM
Okay! I have a delightful three-point list of responses.

1: Part of the reason I set up Tradeskill as two people was so I could play in the field, but also take up the Mission Control role if no one had interest in playing their character in such a manner. For instance, the sister goes out with the team as Tradeskill and the brother stays home with the headset and mainframe and directs traffic, so to speak. Therefore, I'm counting them as 1 person for the in-field team.

2: Regarding Tom and Hurucan, I personally would rather we had Tom over Hurucan as a team member. Yes, this team is shaping up to be "rough-edged", but having a psychopath on the team might push that a little further than what's needed. Of course, this could change later on.

3: As for fighting the Brotherhood, even if we ran a Danger Room scenario against a dummy Brotherhood, I see no reason that actual Brotherhood members couldn't post to the thread as our AI-controlled opponents.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:59:11 AM
1. That should work pretty well!

2. I think Cap was pitching Hurucan as a potential villain for us to go up against, rather than a team member.

3. Very true.

Droo
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:01:50 AM
1: Part of the reason I set up Tradeskill as two people was so I could play in the field, but also take up the Mission Control role if no one had interest in playing their character in such a manner. For instance, the sister goes out with the team as Tradeskill and the brother stays home with the headset and mainframe and directs traffic, so to speak. Therefore, I'm counting them as 1 person for the in-field team.

Okay, this might be coming out of nowhere but I wonder if I can suggest Jim to play a similar behind-the-scenes part in this? I'm planning a few leaps and bounds for this character and I think he'd be a great in a Hank McCoy kind of role. I understand that you guys don't want to start off with lots of people right away, and that's fine, because Jim can always be recruited later but at least the option is there for you guys. :)

Hurucan
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:39:06 AM
Hurucan and Surge have very similar powers >_<

I've tweaked Hurucan's power set slightly, so it's "teleportation" rather than superspeed: it fits better with the revamped way I want to play him.

Also, he can't generate electricity: he has to drain it from other sources, and hold the charge in his body (he needs to charge up in order to teleport, too). Tried to tweak it so he has the potential to be an anti-Surge, as it were.

And yeah, I was pitching him as a villain. In fact: I don't know how it would fit in with the plans for the X-dudes, but I really like the idea of him having a few run-ins with the team, and then eventually becoming captured down the line, and put in some sort of "plastic prison" like Magneto was (to stop him gaining a charge). He's an incredibly smart and insightful person, but he's completely unhinged: he might be able to offer insights into certain mutants (if needed), though of course he'll try and screw with people's minds at the same time.

Kinda as if he were Athena in Battlestar during Season 2 - stuck in the cell, only (very rarely) spoken to when he's needed / when someone wants to know something, etc.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:43:18 AM
I like that... he's a threat, but we keep him locked up somewhere because he could be useful to us. I'm imagining a more dangerous version of Walter, from Fringe :D I could see there being a fun dynamic between him and Surge, actually.

Inyos Aamoran
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:09:35 AM
In that case... get your backside on AIM for scheming, woman! :whip

Flux
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:03:33 PM
Okay, this might be coming out of nowhere but I wonder if I can suggest Jim to play a similar behind-the-scenes part in this? I'm planning a few leaps and bounds for this character and I think he'd be a great in a Hank McCoy kind of role. I understand that you guys don't want to start off with lots of people right away, and that's fine, because Jim can always be recruited later but at least the option is there for you guys. :) The super-speed kid from the House, yes? AUGH I HAVE SO MUCH CATCHING UP TO DO

And yeah, I was pitching him as a villain. In fact: I don't know how it would fit in with the plans for the X-dudes, but I really like the idea of him having a few run-ins with the team, and then eventually becoming captured down the line, and put in some sort of "plastic prison" like Magneto was (to stop him gaining a charge). He's an incredibly smart and insightful person, but he's completely unhinged: he might be able to offer insights into certain mutants (if needed), though of course he'll try and screw with people's minds at the same time.

Kinda as if he were Athena in Battlestar during Season 2 - stuck in the cell, only (very rarely) spoken to when he's needed / when someone wants to know something, etc.

I AM THE SETTING'S PLASTIC PRISON OCCUPANT :verymad However, I see no reason why our X-Force (can't help thinking of them as such) couldn't hijack Jericho's design for Hurucan. Also, totally digging the bolded part.

Droo
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:22:41 PM
Maybe another time, eh?

Tradeskill
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:35:30 PM
Back from the wiki! If Jim weren't so young, I'd say let's bring him in as our Hank now, but I can't think of how we'd involve him so soon. >_< But yes, I think having a Hank McCoy is a brilliant idea.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:40:20 PM
I think it would make more sense for us to pick him up along the way, as it were.

Walter Harriman
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:14:06 PM
Okay, this might be coming out of nowhere but I wonder if I can suggest Jim to play a similar behind-the-scenes part in this? I'm planning a few leaps and bounds for this character and I think he'd be a great in a Hank McCoy kind of role. I understand that you guys don't want to start off with lots of people right away, and that's fine, because Jim can always be recruited later but at least the option is there for you guys. :)

What do you mean by a Hank McCoy role? Are you meaning the biochemistry / genetics / scientist angle? The intelligent and articulate / Kelsey Grammar angle? Political activist angle?

I've been out of the loop a while, so the answer could be very obvious: I'm just not that familiar with characters anymore. ^_^;

Tradeskill
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:16:11 AM
Ok, well, I was getting antsy and started this (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21855), just to set up some background on Tradeskill. The rest of you X-Peoples are welcome to use it for the same, though I'm thinking we probably ought not to meet 'til we're all "on the clock".

Flux
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:34:00 PM
Ok, so. We have Shimmer and Surge and Tradeskill on the team. Do we have Jacinda and Carlos? If Jacinda, is she our money backing or do we need Mirror? Or is Shimmer our money person? Or do we need a MYSTERY BOSS to fill the spot til we decide? Or do we "just have it"? I want to get these last few details ironed out so we can start X-Force for serious.

Tom Harriman
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:45:29 PM
Ok, so. We have Shimmer and Surge and Tradeskill on the team.

And Orion, by the end of one of the threads I have in-progress. :)

Flux
Apr 30th, 2011, 05:48:31 PM
Did not know that. Which thread?

Tom Harriman
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:18:33 PM
Tread Softly, Because You Tread On My Dreams (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21870)

It's only just started, but will cover Orion beginning to get involved with Treadstone.

Flux
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:26:13 PM
Treadstone?

EDIT: Nevermind, hit the wiki and found all the planning that I wasn't included in.

Chaz de Coventina
May 1st, 2011, 12:59:25 AM
Ahaha I have to catch up too, apparently, because all I could think was WAIT WAIT JASON BOURNE IS A MUTANT? This explains so much!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2011, 01:07:54 AM
Treadstone?

EDIT: Nevermind, hit the wiki and found all the planning that I wasn't included in.

That sounds like it was fun. :\

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2011, 01:54:27 AM
Is there a problem with something that's written on the wiki? Dee and I just wanted to get some kind of basic foundation for the group laid, so came up with a) a base of operations and b) someone to fund the place.. 2 things which we were always going to need.

I'm sorry if you feel like we went over your head on this, that wasn't the intention.

Flux
May 1st, 2011, 08:32:44 AM
Well, I've been asking for advice and suggestions about the money and the place and it's all set up already, so the questions are redundant. I don't mind that it happened. I'm really glad it got settled in a relatively speedy fashion. I just feel a little dumb for asking unnecessary questions. I could've worded that better, and I apologize. :)

Surge
May 1st, 2011, 08:41:21 AM
Alright, then let's get cracking :D

Flux
May 1st, 2011, 10:55:16 AM
Mind if I start the thread that gets our first mission together?

Dahlia Ericsson
May 1st, 2011, 11:06:27 AM
Ahaha I have to catch up too, apparently, because all I could think was WAIT WAIT JASON BOURNE IS A MUTANT? This explains so much!I'd just watched the trilogy and had 'Treadstone' stuck so firmly in my head it was the only name I could come up with :D

Someone ought to write a character and use Matt Damon...Treadstone needs a Matt Damon...and Shimmer needs more men to ogle. :cool:

Well, I've been asking for advice and suggestions about the money and the place and it's all set up already, so the questions are redundant. I don't mind that it happened. I'm really glad it got settled in a relatively speedy fashion. I just feel a little dumb for asking unnecessary questions. I could've worded that better, and I apologize. :)I'm really sorry, hon...I got a little over-enthusiastic and went detail-happy chatting with Jen...:ohno

Mind if I start the thread that gets our first mission together?Go for it! :D

Tom Harriman
May 1st, 2011, 11:08:59 AM
What is our first mission, and do we need a throw-away "villain" for it? I've got a couple of guys that we could potentially use, who I have no other plans for.

Flux
May 1st, 2011, 11:20:20 AM
Was thinking of doing the Danger Room with other people playing our AI opponents, so if we blow it the team's dysfunction doesn't get them all killed or captured right out of the gate and stop the group before it starts. XD Yes, I'm paranoid.

Tom Harriman
May 1st, 2011, 11:22:28 AM
That works. I guess we'll need Shimmer or Surge to give us a run-down on what it is then, since I'm guessing it's fairly new/advanced technology that isn't publically available yet? (Holograms? Tom is going to go nuts.)

Rather than a pat on the ass and "Here's a room full of holograms - enjoy!" :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2011, 11:23:20 AM
^ That was going to be my explanation :lol

Tom Harriman
May 1st, 2011, 11:41:30 AM
Oh, no. You don't get away that easily. :colbert

Solid-state photon constructs with non-linear structural forms? In a room this size? How do you achieve structures that commence and terminate away from one of the emitters? What are the power requirements like? For response speeds this fast, what kind of processing power does your mainframe have?

And most importantly, where do I plug in my xbox? :ohno

Kassandra Distorith
May 1st, 2011, 11:43:35 AM
Shimmer might be a little nicer. Let's hope she's had caffeine before this all goes down ;)

There's a game console port on the left, btw.

Tom Harriman
May 1st, 2011, 11:53:19 AM
There is?

In that case... shall we start training on Mass Effect, and work our way through?

I call dibs on Shepard. :eee

Salvo Starborn
May 1st, 2011, 11:58:53 AM
Solid-state photon constructs with non-linear structural forms? In a room this size? How do you achieve structures that commence and terminate away from one of the emitters? What are the power requirements like? For response speeds this fast, what kind of processing power does your mainframe have?

In a word... whatever! ;)

Tradeskill
May 2nd, 2011, 07:14:31 AM
Ok X-Force, here's the thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21876)! The idea is that we'll be briefed on X-Force, what the team is to accomplish and what our resources are, etc., then be sent to suit up and do a test-run in the Danger Room, with Hamilton on Mission Control. Is this acceptable?

Carré Inirial
May 3rd, 2011, 11:35:27 AM
Perfect :)

Surge
May 13th, 2011, 10:56:07 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying the Tom/Twins thread so far. I'll hop in soon, once an appropriate moment presents itself :) Unless you're ready for me now?

Flux
May 13th, 2011, 01:37:41 PM
Go anytime you like. =) You and Dee both are welcome whenever it suits you.

Dahlia Ericsson
May 13th, 2011, 01:59:10 PM
Go ahead, Sparky...I'll follow ;)

Surge
May 13th, 2011, 02:30:25 PM
You're up, sparkles :mneh