PDA

View Full Version : Turn the Reputation Button into a like Button

Crusader
Mar 20th, 2011, 02:27:44 AM
Though that brings up a point. I always look at that little icon for "reputation" and it reminds me of the scales of justice. And while I know you can give good and bad, maybe people might use the rep feature more if it essentiallly was a "like" button.

I think this is an awesome idea. We should look into it. Is it actually possible to make the Rep score of one post visible all the time?

Anna Fernandez
Mar 20th, 2011, 02:54:56 AM
It is essentially a like button. And please don't do anything that might erase the rep comments I've given or recieved, they are special to me. :(

Xavier Synik
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:18:15 AM
In terms of what I suggested, I'm just talking about the button icon.

Something as simple as changing the scales icon to a "like" icon.

Anna Fernandez
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:06:52 PM
Oh, ok, that makes sense and could probably be done. :)

Crusader
Mar 20th, 2011, 04:31:01 PM
Yes that is what I had in mind as well but it would be nice to somehow see what posts got positive reputation. Maybe this is possible with our forum software.

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:31:12 PM
Why on earth do you want Facebook here? No one really cares who likes something and posting something isnt about stroking your own ego. I honestly dont care what anyone thinks and there's enough stupid "I LIKE THIS!!!!" nonsense everywhere already. Leave it be

Anna Fernandez
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:51:50 PM
I think we're all well aware you don't care what anyone thinks.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:52:32 PM
I don't think there is any way of showing if someone has given a post positive rep - though there might be some other add-on for the forums which functions a little more like the 'Like' button.

Anna Fernandez
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:58:14 PM
The little green pips under your post count show somewhat if you've received good rep/likes.

Like I said before, don't care for the idea of a like button unless its just replacing the scales icon with a "like" icon, leading to the same rep system.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:31:54 PM
I'm all for changing the existing icons, but only if someone else makes all the images (for all the styles). I've so little free time...

Xavier Synik
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:32:17 PM
I can probably whip something up tomorrow at work, given how little I work I actually have to do in the office.

Haven't looked at them all, but so far looks like a lot, if not all, the style sets use the same button. I'll double check all of them though.

Aimee Connors
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
As far as I know they all use the same icon. (is LD)

Xavier Synik
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:33:13 PM
here are a quick couple. Space isn't really big enough to do anything fancy.

Aimee Connors
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:50:25 PM
I like the thumbs up!

TheHolo.Net
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:28:28 PM
If the same icon/button is used throughout the styles we need one that is a little more neutral than green. :p