PDA

View Full Version : *Clears throat* Help please?

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:00:38 AM
Ahhh...
The awkward feeling of being new somewhere and the inevitable questions that result in being lost.
I looked all over and well...
I have a few questions.
First, what all is allowed force power wise?
Is this where one can hop in, be creative and (providing they know better) do shiny stuff within an appropriate level?

Second...
Since I looked in the Jedi area I didn't see a join spot to make a post...
How do I sign up?

I am sure, that somewhere, these things have been answered yet sadly I think they are hidden in some dark scary place.
They mock me, I know they do...
I'm from the StarWars RPG, I was referred here by Havok and well as you can see leapt in feet first, read all kind of things, but need a bit of help lol.
So here's that wonderful post asking for it.
Can someone help me?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2011, 11:32:48 AM
Welcome!

#1 (a & b) Generally we ascribe to the common sense rule - you can be creative within your character's power level (i.e. padawan or knight, usually we ask you start off as a padawan but if you have proof of training to knight status at another board and can link the mods they have been known to give permission to start as a knight). No using the Force to pull Star Destroyers from the sky. No personal ownership of Star Destroyers either, for that matter.

#2. Make a post in the RPing Discussion Forum, everyone checks there. Tag it with Jedi or something. :p Or the ooc forum on the Enclave.

And, welcome again!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 10th, 2011, 12:11:51 PM
:wave

Hello. We don't have a specific forum for you to apply to join the Jedi... What Lilaena said is right. Just post up your character idea, and what kind of story you are looking to tell, in the RP Discussion Forum

Razielle Alastor
Mar 10th, 2011, 12:48:31 PM
Hullo new person! Welcome to the madness! :lol

Kassandra Distorith
Mar 10th, 2011, 01:06:17 PM
Ooo! Fresh meat...how delightful!

Welcome aboard!!

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:03:21 PM
Oh sweet!
This will make things interesting since I have that freedom, thanks very much.
Madness? HA! I think I am mad enough as is to survive, thank for letting me know *wink*

Oh yes, as new meat I am juicy and tender, new meat is the meatiest!

Just a few more questions then...

What's the verdict on cursing?
Granted I won't use it ALL the time and only where it makes sense, but SWRPG has a censor and I'm checking ahead of time so that I don't see a word thats star'd out. I get why she did it, kiddies on the board, but never hurts to ask.

What about teachers?
Again, where I'm from I feel I gatta know lol. It's a great concept, but does the same apply here?

Hmm... Sig size...
My sig is I think less than 700pixels all together, is that too big?

*Flails around* My avi, no matter how small I make it will NOT load :(
It's the whole reason why I am using the one I have now, anyone care to help me?

Is there wiki pages for our characters or is the profile not needed other than a short teaser in the faction one's character is in?

EDIT:

Included my sig just to show you it's size...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:15:30 PM
Sig size is judged by file size - nothing over 31k is allowed. Yours is over 70k so it needs some shrinking. :)

Sw-Fans has no swear filter anymore. We tend towards 'sci-fi' swears in the Star Wars rps though, to me it just seems funny to say modern swears in that setting.

As far as your avatar, I couldn't tell you why unless maybe its a .gif? I don't think it'll upload those for an av, but I could be wrong. Attach it to your next post and then we can see what's wrong with it. :)

Selinica Miriya
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:20:42 PM
Greetings, o juicy, meaty, supple, young individual. :yum

Uh... I mean... hi! Welcome to 'Fans! No cannibalism here, honest! :lol

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:29:58 PM
Hmm... I'll have to get a new one made then.

Cannibalism? Huh... Really aught to have brought my steak sauce then, thank's for letting me know! *Belly rumbles* Mmmm, is it bad I wanna bite a piece of my own cooked flesh? O_o

http://oi51.tinypic.com/5umk1t.jpg
The avi

Jane
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:35:31 PM
This is Lilaena, btw.

I resized your sig for you - click the attached pics to see the actual size. You'll just have to host it. :)

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:51:52 PM
Ohhh very well done!
You work magic and I bow to your mightiness!

Jane
Mar 10th, 2011, 07:57:03 PM
The file size of your avatar choice is too high as well - the limit is 15k and yours was 26+

So I optimized it for the web as well. :)

Kassandra Distorith
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:08:43 PM
See? We're wonderfully accommodating before we eat you :)

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:26:07 PM
You bite me, I bite you, it's a regular circle of teeth and mauling.

Thanks for the help :D
What about my other questions? lol

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
*blinks & reads back up*

Did we miss something?

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:23:12 PM
I asked about teachers and wiki pages lol.

Jane
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:32:18 PM
I'm not sure I understand the wiki question, but yes, we have a wiki, and yes, you can put a page in for your character whenever you like.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:34:00 PM
Ohhh! *lol* Wow, I'm dense :)

As for teachers, that usually falls into place during your first RP. Don't stress too much over it :) It'll happen when the Force wills it ;) Things here at 'Fans aren't as rigidly structured as they sometimes can be over at SW:RPG.

You aren't required to have a wiki page or a detailed background (though admittedly it sometimes helps to have a few things jotted down). So its really up to you as to what you think you might need :) Personally I'd suggest at least a simple wiki page so you can keep your own details and storylines straight :)

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:34:58 PM
Whoops, didn't see you post, Jane....damn ninja :p

Ilias Nytrau
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:35:25 PM
Y'all are post-ninjas, indeed. But, here's my $0.02.

The wiki isn't strictly necessaire, but it's better that the DL on your character is on the wiki, since [I assume] everyone does tend to refer there first for character knowledge, if they can. Also, if you had a wiki page over at SWRPG, it should be fairly easy to pull the information from there and post it to our wiki... of course, tweaking it where needed to fit 'Fans.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:36:25 PM
*pounces her Master*

>.>

Ilias Nytrau
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:37:23 PM
*gacks out something unintelligible and falls over*

|I

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:06:00 PM
Good to be lurking, learning and otherwise being surrounded by you wonderful sharks. I'm glad to be swimming in your waters, oh and if you want to know my seasoning preference, I like garlic. One cannot ever have enough garlic...

Ilias I added you on AIM, didn't want to post mine up and ruin the fun I have going. I'm sure those from SWRPG (who are active often) have an inkling of who I am lol. Kinda a game of 'guess who' that makes me grin, even if no one is wondering please let me keep my illusions, I have so few *tear*

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:25:54 PM
:hurr 'ello 'ello and welcome!

Sidian Frost
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
Well I see another familiar face, hello to you too!

Loran Soren
Mar 11th, 2011, 12:07:51 AM
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, frost.. =)

Fans is well... The greatest.. And the people as you can see, are as well.. :)

But I'm bias so..

Sidian Frost
Mar 11th, 2011, 01:38:15 AM
Right, well now to hunt down that wiki, learn what I need to make it spiffy and get in contact with someone who can help me get started. Any Jedi around that wants to encounter a lucky gifted stranger? Best way for me to learn the ways of stuff is to get started... I'd like to lose myself in my character and work out the stress I've got. Nothing makes me more relaxed than letting my mind get taken over by a character and cutting loose.

Barton Henning
Mar 13th, 2011, 08:06:59 AM
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, frost.. =)

Fans is well... The greatest.. And the people as you can see, are as well.. :)

But I'm bias so..

Can we tempt you into some RPing, Hav? :D