PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Rally Discussion Thread

Aidan Fox
Mar 6th, 2011, 05:32:17 PM
Rally time!

To reiterate, the mutant-human tensions in Los Angeles are heating up to a boiling point. The situation is going to escalate until one fateful day in the near future when the animosity erupts into full-blown genetic riots that turn Los Santos into a war zone.

We're hoping to ramp up those tensions in increments. That'll probably happen in a few big story threads. In "Monstrous," Alex brought up the idea of going to a mutant rally (http://75.126.43.122/forum/showpost.php?p=358369&postcount=23) in front of a courthouse to support a lawsuit against the Mutant Registration Act. There will be over a hundred mutants there protesting the MRA, and at least that many humans counter-protesting in favor of the MRA. The LAPD will be out in force to keep the two groups apart, and Stern's fledgling Mutant Crimes Unit (http://75.126.43.122/forum/showthread.php?t=21693) will be on-hand to assist in keeping the peace. Meanwhile, the Brotherhood will be monitoring the situation in case their intervention is required.

The plan is that things will indeed get ugly with a clash between human and mutant protesters. The kids will, of course, be caught in the middle.

I'm seeing this story being a "disaster narrowly averted" scenario, largely thanks to the MCU officers swooping in and breaking things up without gunfire. There will be arrests of both mutants and humans, and it'll take a while for all the House kids find each other.

As threads with lots of posters tend to bog down, I think it's best to play a little fast and loose with the posting order. If it makes sense for your character to post next, go ahead. If we get split up into groups, each group can carry on their own action.

I do have plans for Alex and Lana to get secreted off in the confusion by Spectre, who'll have a little chitchat with them in another thread. Any other ideas, things you want to accomplish?

Anna Fernandez
Mar 6th, 2011, 05:45:39 PM
Well, I would think that there might be mutants in favor of registration (ok, maybe not many), and there will be 'mundanes' rallying against the MRA. But that could lead to some of the tension, as mutants might not want the regular humans with them, or something. Maybe.

Stern
Mar 6th, 2011, 05:48:34 PM
Stern has to defend mutant registration, so this should also add to the tension. I'm wondering if it should not be policy that all incarcerated mutants are registered as part of the booking process.

That would also add to the chaos, as any mutant arrested for any reason would be forced to have their name on the government's list. It could lead to witch hunts and the like.

Paolo Fernandez
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:00:24 PM
I will be showing up as well, I need to talk to my sister. So, another off shoot thread. :)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:21:38 PM
Stern has to defend mutant registration, so this should also add to the tension. I'm wondering if it should not be policy that all incarcerated mutants are registered as part of the booking process.

That would also add to the chaos, as any mutant arrested for any reason would be forced to have their name on the government's list. It could lead to witch hunts and the like.Or people starting things with mutants to get them arrested.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:23:59 PM
^ This gives me an idea...

Spectre
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:37:21 PM
Oh please, give me a reason mundanes.. I have a whole bag of goodies for you. >D

Saul Nielsen
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:57:47 PM
Oh please, give me a reason mundanes.. I have a whole bag of goodies for you. >D

Repent, sister, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

:angel

Spectre
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
Oh stop, you'll make my head spin. God is not here today.:wings

Saul Nielsen
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:08:20 PM
I have faith that you will find your way ;)

Gaia
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:39:33 PM
Oh, we'll find our way alright, handsome...*smiles*

Daniel Hartford
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:23:44 PM
*hears Spectre's mention of 'goodies' and merely raises an eyebrow*

Oh, surely... :rolleyes

Alice Kelly
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:16:49 PM
:ohno Well I suppose it may make sense to come see what all the fuss is about...

and try to stay out of trouble. :uhoh

Tess Abrahams
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:20:27 PM
Rallies are where memories are made and this looks like it's going to be a doozy. :love

Jane
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:50:02 PM
Brotherhood objectives at the Rally:
-keep an eye on things, judge the tension between groups
-mark leaders of the opposing protesters
-look for potential recruits
-keep a low profile!