PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling about this...

Rawlston Quinn
Mar 6th, 2011, 12:37:32 AM
When the second squad of Tie Fighters cut across the bow of the Flarestar, Quinn knew that this was more than a routine inquiry. The Dreadnaught Death Wanderer had arrived in their exit vector and quickly launched their squadron of Ties. At first Quinn had ordered the navigator to stay on course... his company was well known throughout the Empire as a protection agency.

Then the Ties had opened fire. Between the first wave and the second way, the communications officer had picked up a hail from the Dread. It said that they were to stand down and be arrested for treason.

That Captain is thicker than durasteel, thought Quinn. Let me know what I'm in for before you have me is about at stupid as leaving an exhaust port uncovered.

Since that communique, there had only been responses with laser fire. Quinn knew to keep away from the Dread. It was slow and lumbering but its turbolaser batteries would make short work of the Flarestar. So Quinn had used the maneuverability and speed to keep away from it.

But those damn Ties...

So far they had downed 4 of the 12 but the other two flights were coming in from opposite directions and Quinn knew they were just buying time for reinforcements. But Quinn had a plan of his own... and it would be here in 3... 2... 1...

And just like clockwork, the Templar, the heaviest armed freighter that Quinn had, dropped out of hyperspace. It arrived right above the Flarestar and opened fire. The Ties were caught off guard and half of them were destroyed in the opening barrage. The others scattered, making them easy pickings for the Flarestar. Out of the eight, only 2 remained and they sped away from the engagement.

Quinn nodded to his navigator. "Get us out of here. Without the Ties, the Dread will open up on us."

The navigator were already putting in the coordinates and pulling back on the levers. The Templar was in formation with the Flarestar. As the Death Wanderer began to fire, both ships jumped to lightspeed.

Sitting back in his chair, Quinn thought about their turn of events. Now it was time to get down to how this had happened and come up with a plan. They would drop out of hyperspace in 4 hours and they needed to have a plan.

"Barcos, you have the bridge. I'm going to have a little chat with our guests."

His XO nodded and took over his seat as Quinn headed down to the common area. He knew this job had been to good to be true. A few days ago he had been sitting in a bar when he was approached by two people. They had only wanted passage to the Inner Rim. They were paying 20,000 credits, but only 5000 of it now and 15000 when they arrived.

Now he wished that he had told them to shove off.

Entering the common area, the older of the two men looked up and smiled. "I told you that yo...."

He was cut off by Quinn grabbing him by the throat and slamming him into the wall. The other one went for a blaster but the older man just shook his head.

"Who are you and why are they so anxious to kill us?", Quinn asked.

The older man motioned for him to let him go and Quinn backed up. "We are rebels...", began the man.

That was the last thing that Quinn wanted to hear.

"And we needed ride out of there. I thought that we got out of there clean, but I guess not." The man shrugged.

Quinn responded by slamming him into the wall. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?" he yelled at them.

"I'm a wanted man now. My business is done, my family is history. If I don't get them off Coruscant, then they die. Do you want the dead of a 5 year old girl on your hands? Do you?" Quinn looked back and forth at each man. "So here is what is going to happen. You're going to help me get my family, friends, and anything of value out of the Empire and then you are going to help us all disappear. If not, I kill you now and turn your bodies over to the Empire."

The silence that answered him was enough. Whether they liked it or not, they would be helping him and going to Coruscant.

Spinning on his heels, Quinn went back to the bridge. They would have to drop out of sight and they would have to find away to get his family off Imperial Center.

His life was about to change forever.