PDA

View Full Version : Getting Stern Started.

Stern
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:01:50 PM
I need to establish Stern and his role as the creator and chief of the Mutant Crimes Division of the LAPD.

He would be a very public figure that would tacitly be supporting a lot of government ideas the mutant community may or may not like.

As such, I thought it would be appropriate if Stern wound up meeting with the three major mutant groups in LA: Redencion House, La Raza, and The Brotherhood.

I definitely don't want him meeting them all in one thread: That would be too complicated. But I figured 3 different threads with each group or group's leader (depending on availability) would go a long way to helping Stern establish rapport and hopefully some trust among the LA mutants.

Aimee Connors
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:06:57 PM
Meeting with Anna shouldn't be hard... the other two? I don't really see that happening. Maybe the Brotherhood. But as the LAPD is going to be cracking down hard on La Raza they're not likely to meet him on friendly terms?

Other people may have other ideas of course :)

Stern
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:08:50 PM
I don't count on any of these really being friendly. The closest might be Redencion depending on who Stern meets first. The Brotherhood will definitely be violent. La Raza will probably violent too, but maybe on a smaller scale.

I just want to establish the groups' reaction to Stern's presence and reasons for being there.

Aidan Fox
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:35:58 PM
It probably also should be stated that Redencion House isn't really a powerful or renowned group in LA - it's a nonprofit that is important within the city of Los Santos, and it could certainly be seen as a symbol of the mutant community's more peaceful aspirations, but really it's just a dozen or so mutants trying to live their lives in peace (Aidan and Jake's machinations with La Raza notwithstanding). It still makes sense for Stern to meet with them, since they're a visible mutant presence in one of the most volatile neighborhoods in LA right now.

Stern
Mar 1st, 2011, 12:14:22 AM
True. Still, Redencion House is at least known well enough to be targeted by anti-mutant people.

So, any takers? Any mutants out there interested in welcoming the Light Knight to LA?

Anna Fernandez
Mar 2nd, 2011, 11:20:34 AM
I'm willing to. :)

Stern
Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:32:15 PM
Superb! I will begin the thread tonight when I get off work.

For each of these threads, I was planning on kicking off with a televised press conference, where Stern will be announcing his arrival and start of the Mutant Crimes Division, explain the purpose of the new department, and make a few statements about his plans and goals for helping resolve the mutant conflict in LA.

Then the group Stern will be meeting in the thread can begin forming notions about this new mutant before meeting him in person.

Is that ok?

Aimee Connors
Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:39:58 PM
Sounds okay to me (am also Anna, and also Lilaena and also.. tons of others).

Stern
Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:48:17 PM
Ah, how cool! Well, then I'll start on that when I get home from work.

Nothing like 8 hours of manual labor in a big empty building to come up with a solid post. (I'm a janitor now, btw).

The thread is up. I've always wanted to write a press conference for Stern! It's going to be good to get him plugged into the LA community.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21693

Anna Fernandez
Mar 4th, 2011, 11:50:21 AM
Love the press conference!

I had an idea about how Stern could get wind of Redencion House. The kids are planning on going to a pro-mutant, anti-MRA rally on the steps of the court house, and I'm thinking that Anna will go with them in her big ol' van. She's been meaning to get the "Redencion House" repainted on the side of it (tax write off!) so we'll do that and then Stern can see it and be like "Hmmm wonder what that is" and then one of the other cops can tell him.

Or, of course, we can just have one of the other cops tell him off camera and not worry about it. Since she takes in runaways and delinquents and actually turns their lives around (most of them), Anna has a congenial relationship with the LAPD. For now. :)

Stern
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:52:19 PM
I like the first plan. I'm a fan of advertising and tax write-offs. Stern will definitely be at the rally as a means of crowd control--hopefully non-violent, sympathetic crowd control.

We should do this. All systems, full speed ahead!

Spectre
Mar 4th, 2011, 01:24:56 PM
I'll be there. Watching. >D

Stern
Mar 4th, 2011, 09:49:48 PM
Watch away. You'll soon find yourself in the spotlight.

Veronica
Mar 4th, 2011, 10:09:57 PM
*shoots out spotlight.

Spectre
Mar 4th, 2011, 11:12:34 PM
*shoots out spotlight.

:lol that's my girl!

Stern
Mar 4th, 2011, 11:28:06 PM
I'm actually really thrilled about Stern's odds in nearly any situation in which there may be violence. Watching him try to recruit people to his unit, take care of things as a one man band, and maintain his new marriage is going to be fantastic.