PDA

View Full Version : Miami (Salty) Nerd 2011

Pages : [1] 2

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2011, 10:50:25 AM
So, what and where is the next Order of the Scorpion gathering going to be?

Miami Nerd:CONFIRMED
October 20th to November 20th.

Charley has suggested 11/11ish to 11/20ish

Some other important details: you can fly into Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (code FLL) instead of Miami International (MIA) if it's cheaper. MIA is about 15-30 minutes from my house, depending on traffic. FLL is more like 45 to an hour, but it's very doable and if it saves you some currency please do it. Jetblue and Southwest go through FLL, so check them out if you're domestic. For international it might be the same/cheaper to fly into MIA.

I have a washing machine and a dryer for your laundry needs. If this allows you to travel lighter/cheaper, please do!

Flying in earlier/later is no inconvenience to me and in fact if you get there at midnight it makes me happier because traffic here is garbage.

Serena Laran
Jan 8th, 2011, 02:18:00 PM
I say Comic Nerd - we're already planning on being at Comic-Con and I know you are too! Any other trips aren't really going to be possible for me...but we'll see.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 8th, 2011, 02:37:57 PM
I'll be painfully honest. Hearing the words Comic-Con right now makes me cringe. Registration this year has been a complete nightmare... and still isn't even open. Attempting to book a hotel room isn't any different. >_<

I know I'm planning on going... but only for two days if that.

While it's a fun event... it's also become huge to the point where trying to get to go is just insane. If people are up for that sort of insanity/headache... uhh cool! But if not... I certainly won't blame you O_o

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 8th, 2011, 04:05:13 PM
We should go somewhere with snow! Like rent a cabin up at a resort area and week-long lift tickets :D

edit - although, weren't you saying something about Miami next year, Chris?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2011, 04:28:30 PM
I need to get everything cleared with my folks, wanted the holiday fallout to calm down first. They do work from the house so it's not a sure thing. I will get back to you in February. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2011, 05:10:19 PM
I am doing CC but I am also budgeting for a trip in Oct/Nov since that seemed to be the best time of year for meeting up, when we were discussing it in Nevada.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 8th, 2011, 06:19:28 PM
Another idea maybe worth considering is New Orleans. Especially outside of Carnivale season, you could probably find decent lodging no sweat.

Acacius Blade
Jan 8th, 2011, 06:41:17 PM
Pure Creole! I might possibly be in a position to attend the next meeting, depending on when it occurs.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 8th, 2011, 06:59:13 PM
Another idea maybe worth considering is New Orleans. Especially outside of Carnivale season, you could probably find decent lodging no sweat.

If we could get some sort of multi roomed place with a kitchen for a week... that'd be badass. <3

Also... Cabin and snow! Can't help but think that'd be downright awesome as well.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 04:51:07 AM
New Orleans would be kickass too! I'm with Em on the whole "find a place we can all sleep in, with a kitchen, and I'm happy." My fav part about these trips is everyone feeling like a big nerd family :)

Anne Phoenix
Jan 9th, 2011, 06:13:30 AM
I could do New Orleans or Miami, but I'd like to throw in a suggestion of Megacon in Orlando as well, the convention isn't what you would call huge, but there is a TON to do within a 50-mile radius. That'd probably be next year's event though, because of the late March date, if the suggestion is accepted.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 06:33:41 AM
This is just me but, I would rather not have a big get-together at a convention again. Dragon*Con worked well for me because it gave us something to centre all our plans around, but logistically it left us split up most of the time, spread across a variety of hotels.

Crusader
Jan 9th, 2011, 07:42:50 AM
I added $1000 extra to the warchest this week and I would be definetly coming to Miami or New Orleans in fall.

Two weeks ago I was definetly coming to CC as well but a friend of mine considers the 23rd of July a good wedding date. So unfortunately I have to bail out of this option (again).

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 9th, 2011, 12:15:11 PM
Your friend better get you good and proper blitzed for missing that. You're a proper friend.

As far as lodgings with a kitchen, most hotels have options for a rudimentary kitchen, but if we do end up saying New Orleans, it's almost advisable to spend most of our meals going out. New Orleans is one of the most rich culinary cities in the country, and certainly per capita, I'd say. You can find good food even for cheap (french press coffee and beignets at any cafe or a po boy sandwich) and you can also find haute cuisine a la Louix XIV, where their speciality is la cuisine Escoffier, which usued to be the culinary gold standard but is almost never done anywhere anymore.

I should stop now before I nerd out. It's been five years since I've been, and there's a lot of nostalgia.

Anne Phoenix
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:10:40 PM
There is also Star Wars Weekends in Orlando, which dates haven't been announced yet, but usually it's around May-June, at least from most of the previous years.

As an aside, what about going cabin camping one year in a big national park for a get together? Like a meet in Yellowstone, or something like that?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:14:37 PM
I think for the larger group meet we were shooting for something later in the year, since it gives folks enough time to rebuild their funds.

Also, if we rent a cabin, it has to be somewhere with snow. Since Jenny didn't get on a horse last year, I'm making it my mission to get her on a snowboard somehow.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:16:06 PM
I used to go horse-riding when I was younger, that's why I wasn't too fussed :mneh but I have never been snowboarding so I'm definitely down for that :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:19:09 PM
This is just me but, I would rather not have a big get-together at a convention again. Dragon*Con worked well for me because it gave us something to centre all our plans around, but logistically it left us split up most of the time, spread across a variety of hotels.

I'm just gonna second this.

I can honestly say the most fun that was had at Dragon*Con... probably happened when we could actually just hang out rather than actually go to anything at the convention.

I'd rather take any money that I'd be spending on convention tickets and put it towards more alcohol. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:24:04 PM
^ :lol indeed.

Once we have a yay or nay on Miami, we can start thinking about other venues - but are we all cool with Oct/Nov time?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:29:50 PM
Oct/Nov is good for me :) Anything after August really, is wide open.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:36:53 PM
I have three damn weeks of vacation time this year so I'm like Ice Cube, I'm down for whatever.

Daria Nytherciria
Jan 9th, 2011, 02:10:35 PM
I can easily use a week and a half, or two weeks, on this trip.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2011, 02:21:23 PM
As soon as we nail down dates, I'll put in for the vacation time :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2011, 03:08:56 PM
I suggest Bend, Oregon. In November there is snow and lots of skiing and snowboarding and stuff. And breweries.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 9th, 2011, 03:15:19 PM
Oregon would also be cool with me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2011, 03:40:54 PM
Plus my husband might be able to work it out as a 'work' trip for him, as he should be properly supervising that part of the state by then.

I really want to live in Bend. So pretty.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 04:29:02 PM
Which would be the best airport to fly into, if we were going to Bend?

Droo
Jan 9th, 2011, 04:33:51 PM
Which would be the best airport to fly into, if we were going to Bend?

I didn't realise it was that kind of trip! :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2011, 04:34:22 PM
;) It's always that kind of trip.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2011, 04:51:47 PM
Well, PDX is the closest international airport, but Bend has an airport as well. http://www.ci.bend.or.us/bend_airport/index.html so probably connect to there through Portland. Or just to Portland and we could drive over (its a three hour drive from Portland to Bend, though)

edit: http://www.visitbend.com/Bend_Oregon_Activities_Recreation/Bend-Ale-Trail/

For a thousand good reasons Bend, Oregon is widely known as the premier outdoor playground of the United States. But a lesser known element of the Bend Experience is the city’s extraordinary abundance of craft beer – incredibly delicious craft beer! In our little mountain town of 82,000 people, Bend has 7 world-class craft breweries all within walking distance of one another and awaiting your visit.

edit edit: vacation house rental sleeps 12, has hot tub, is $300 a night. There are a lot of options thanks to Bend's collapsed housing market. http://bookings.benddutchrentals.com/site/Overview/PropertyID__44765/8310/DesktopDefault.aspx

Acacius Blade
Jan 10th, 2011, 01:18:47 PM
That looks really nice. $25 per night per person is pretty good! $350 for 2 weeks. I wonder how much flights are...

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2011, 01:33:42 PM
http://www.netflights.com

Best place to book through, Peter. I got pretty good deals on Atlanta (£300) and Nevada (£550) return. I think Nevada was more expensive than the usual west coast locations because I landed in LA then transferred on to Reno - but from the looks of things, you could get to Portland via Amsterdam for a decent price.

Xavier Synik
Jan 10th, 2011, 02:01:40 PM
For Portland, YVR (Vancouver Airport) would be in play so it should open a lot more overseas options for people to travel through Canada.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2011, 02:19:10 PM
As much as I would like to travel via Canada... Canadian airports never show up when I am planning connecting flights. Generally, flights from the UK seem to go through the same handful of places - and UK -> Amsterdam -> Portland is pretty smooth sailing, as far as flights go.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 10th, 2011, 05:53:40 PM
If we rent a house, what are you gonna do with the little ones, Holly?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2011, 08:35:55 PM
Have someone stay at our house with them. :D:thumbup

Acacius Blade
Jan 11th, 2011, 11:26:29 AM
YOUR BABY IS FINE!!!

http://www.bite.ca/bitedaily/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Boris.jpg

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2011, 01:25:16 PM
We need to start a campaign on Rachel's FB to get her to register here and hop in on the planning.

Anne Phoenix
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:09:02 PM
So are we doing Bend, Oregon, or New Orleans, LA? Or one of the other destinations suggested?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:12:03 PM
We are waiting to hear back from Chris about Miami.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 11th, 2011, 05:45:32 PM
You're right, we DO need to connive Rachel into registering here through the cunning use of wine, sweets, and sentences with no grammar or spelling errors!

Lady Vader
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:35:11 PM
Two weeks ago I was definetly coming to CC as well but a friend of mine considers the 23rd of July a good wedding date. So unfortunately I have to bail out of this option (again).

If it makes you feel any better, I was planning on going to CC this year, and even pre-reg last year while I was there, but then I got pregnant and the baby decided July 23 was the perfect due date (this happened two years ago with my first, lol).

So now I have to figure out the tedious process of getting a refund for my tickets PLUS trying to find someone who's going to CC this year to pre-reg me and my husband. (I wish I could just transfer my tix to someone else, but they don't have a means for doing that.) No more buying tickets online for me. It's a complete nightmare. :x

As for the get-together, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see where it ends up and when. I have to play it by ear, since I'll be nursing full time with the new baby. Might not be possible, though I could always pump (yeah, so sexy :p ). We'll see. :)

Lady Vader
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:39:18 PM
Just saw this: http://comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php

Wonder if it'll crash again. :uhoh

Anna Fernandez
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:29:36 PM
I just checked that this morning! :shakefist

Of people here who are planning on going to CC, are you planning the entire weekend or just a few days? We're vacillating between the two options lol.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:32:03 PM
Just Thurs and Friday I believe.

Lady Vader
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:43:01 PM
Remember: Friday is traditionally considered Star Wars day at CC. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 1st, 2011, 10:03:34 AM
bumpin this bad boy

Morgan Evanar
Feb 3rd, 2011, 09:10:48 PM
Will talk to the folks this weekend.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 5th, 2011, 04:47:34 PM
Status: Not Completely Confirmed, but Likely. There will be much discussion during the week.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 5th, 2011, 04:49:13 PM
Likely :eee

Crusader
Feb 5th, 2011, 05:14:54 PM
Cheers to likely!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2011, 11:02:12 AM
Any more updates? :ohno

Morgan Evanar
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:21:06 PM
I'm sure you guys need to buy tickets soon so lemme have a chat with my folks.

Anna Fernandez
Feb 26th, 2011, 12:17:15 AM
I am thinking that karaoke needs to be a part of this shindig.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 1st, 2011, 04:42:26 PM
Why would you say a terrible thing like that?!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2011, 05:19:19 PM
I'm gonna have to be really drunk to sing ^_^;

edit - really REALLY drunk

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2011, 05:34:13 PM
Because I want to bust out a rousing rendition of Ce-Lo Green's F*** You!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:05:53 PM
That song is awesome.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 15th, 2011, 07:56:25 AM
Any more updates? :ohno

...yes, no? :ohno

Morgan Evanar
Mar 15th, 2011, 08:22:04 AM
50% of the ruling party has said yes.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2011, 01:40:15 PM
half way to victory!

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:02:25 AM
Miami Nerd:
CONFIRMED
House is available for the first 2/3 of November/end of October.

Also stuff to do:
South Beach early in the morning
Smoke cigars
The Keys/fishin'!
Coral Castle
The Everglades
Island food
And More!

Optional but recommended: get my mom tipsy with two glasses of wine

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:14:54 AM
FUCK YEAH SALTY NERD

lets get this motha booked

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:55:31 AM
Coral castle!! I've always wanted to go there :eee

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:15:32 PM
what is a coral castle

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:49:56 PM
http://coralcastle.com/

It's campy nonsense fun mostly.

Also we would get awesome shakes/smoothies from one of the fruit stands in the area.

If you guys want to fire guns again there is a public range for things shooty.

Some other important details: you can fly into Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (code FLL) instead of Miami International (MIA) if it's cheaper. MIA is about 15-30 minutes from my house, depending on traffic. FLL is more like 45 to an hour, but it's very doable and if it saves you some currency please do it.

Jetblue and Southwest go through FLL, so check them out if you're domestic. For international it might be the same/cheaper to fly into MIA.

Flying in earlier/later is no inconvenience to me and in fact if you get there at midnight it makes me happier because traffic here is garbage.

I will update da OP with some of this useful travel information.

Anna Fernandez
Apr 2nd, 2011, 03:21:12 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it to Miami, because of our family vacation to Southern California this year is eating up our 'play' money. :(

However, Liz and I have decided that for 2012 everyone should come to Portland/Bend, because she's planning on being here in the summer and it'll be great. Not to hijack the thread, I'm just saying. ;)

Carré Inirial
Apr 2nd, 2011, 03:32:26 PM
I'm in! Totally, unequivocally in.

I'm in an intensive job search, so higher-powers-willing, I'll have a better job and enough vacation time. Even if I don't, I shall guilt my mother into paying my way since she's moving to Greece on me in December :)

*dances*

I can't wait!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 03:33:58 PM
^ :glomp Yesss! Been too long since we seen your face

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 03:56:02 PM
>_< ugh... all I can say right now is I'll try. My work is kinda picky about taking time off without vacation time which I won't get until uhh next year... I'll ask on Monday if I can get it okayed without pay and such without it counting against me attendance-wise.

Sadly I won't be able to confirm until we get a date fully nailed down.

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:01:02 PM
Testing the waters to see if there's interest putting the festivities somewhere between November 11th and November 20th? I've already put in for the time off and it's also my birthday around then, so double woot :)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:06:50 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it to Miami, because of our family vacation to Southern California this year is eating up our 'play' money. :(

However, Liz and I have decided that for 2012 everyone should come to Portland/Bend, because she's planning on being here in the summer and it'll be great. Not to hijack the thread, I'm just saying. ;)Sounds good to me, delicious beer is easily available thereabouts.

Also on the supply front in Miami is going to be easier than it was in NV. I'm in the middle of suburbia and everything we need is in a 15 minute radius or less.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:15:46 PM
>_< ugh... all I can say right now is I'll try. My work is kinda picky about taking time off without vacation time which I won't get until uhh next year... I'll ask on Monday if I can get it okayed without pay and such without it counting against me attendance-wise.

Sadly I won't be able to confirm until we get a date fully nailed down.

*crosses fingers and toes* It would not be the same without you! :ohno

Testing the waters to see if there's interest putting the festivities somewhere between November 11th and November 20th? I've already put in for the time off and it's also my birthday around then, so double woot :)

Not a problem for me - but I am good with any time in Oct/Nov so :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:16:43 PM

This time frame would work better for me! :D Middle of the month is much better than beginning/end since that's our "busy" time. Meaning... my boss would be far more likely to let me go. lol

Mu Satach
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:33:27 PM

The only thing I've committed myself to takes place Nov. 2nd - 9th. So, this might work out this year for me.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:17:06 PM
^________________________^
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:32:51 PM
I texted Rachel about it. She had told me a few weeks back that she wasn't sure if she'd be able to take any vacation time since starting her new job last month, but I think by the time Salty Nerd rolls around she'll have been there long enough to request days :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:19:20 PM
this could end up being on.. 11/11/11

woah

Park Kraken
Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:27:32 PM
Miam-uh. Awesome, 4 hour drive coming up in November sometime. :lol

Finally I'll get to meets all you'se.

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:17:55 PM
Sooo I talked with my boss, who kinda cringed at the idea but said she'd see how it would work out... Sadly the only week that I think I could honestly do it in full would be the 14th-18th (as far as week days go)

Buuuut if other days work best for everyone else... I'll see about at least joining in for the long weekend portion of it. Yup.

Crusader
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:40:39 AM
Warchest status is still green... even after invading IKEA multiple times for my new appartment. I already reserved a two weeks time slot for this trip in January and so far no one is planing to marry around this time so I am basicly ready to invade the US again after a 13 year break.

@Jenny: If you happen to fly over Amsterdam or Paris we should coordinate our flight shedule so that we can be picked up together. Last time I checked for flights to England I realized that those 2 cities are actually international flight hubs for Nuernberg and New Castle.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:31:04 AM
Once we have dates so I can book flights, I'll let you know which city looks like it will be the best one to fly through. Last time I looked, I could go Newcastle > Heathrow > Miami for the cheapest price.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 5th, 2011, 12:44:45 PM
Charley and I will be driving :D

Park Kraken
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:39:22 PM
Charley and I will be driving

Awesome. We should totally convoy down together once you reach my neck of the woods. :lol

TheHolo.Net
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:33:02 PM
I would love to get away for a while, but I haven't the time these days. Raising teenagers is tough shit and quite time/money/sanity consuming.

Go go Sodium Chloride Nerd! (nerdy words for salty ;) )

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:59:58 AM
I saw you were the last post and got all excited thinking you were gonna come

:shakefist

Morgan Evanar
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:05:02 PM
I'm just excited over the fact that he posted!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 9th, 2011, 01:26:46 PM
So, what kinda dates are we lookin at for this? Maybe people should post when they are available and we can work out something best then.

Crusader
Apr 9th, 2011, 05:16:10 PM
I reserved the first 3 weeks of november so far.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:01:31 PM
Completely open. Just let me know when, and I'll put in for my days :) Heck, it'd be fun to have a Fans Turkey Day event!

Morgan Evanar
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:18:43 PM
I'm going to edit the first post with dates that I can host.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:47:55 PM
I know there are tentative dates - but I need something more concrete. The earlier I jump on things for work, the better chance I can go :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:49:12 PM
Any dates between October 20th to November 20th work for me.

Anna Fernandez
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:05:55 PM
Reading through the thread it looks like Nov 12-19th works for most people.

Anna Fernandez
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:06:44 PM
I would love to get away for a while, but I haven't the time these days. Raising teenagers is tough shit and quite time/money/sanity consuming.

Go go Sodium Chloride Nerd! (nerdy words for salty ;) )
You can come out next year, right? :D whitewater rafting

Morgan Evanar
Apr 15th, 2011, 10:04:43 PM
So guys talk amongst yourselves and figure out when you wanna be here please!

I am excited.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 28th, 2011, 05:50:49 PM
Nov 11th to Nov 20th

y/n?

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 28th, 2011, 05:52:16 PM
I like that date range

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 28th, 2011, 06:12:57 PM
I can probably do that. Or at least a portion of it. :D

Crusader
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:52:10 AM
Nov 11th to Nov 20th

Yes

I guess soon it is time to hunt for tickets.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 30th, 2011, 09:44:25 AM
I've got my time booked off work. Just need the go-ahead to sort out flights.

Park Kraken
Apr 30th, 2011, 03:43:22 PM
Okay so it is confirmed that I will be able to attend my first ever 'Nerd' event, but I won't be down there on the 11th because we'll be celebrating my mother's birthday on that date (she was born 11/11/50) and we'll be having a rather large party since it's 11/11/11.

So I'll be arriving later in the weekend and will probably drive down in the middle of the night and arrive early morning (if that's okay) to avoid the heavy traffic hours. But I will be taking that week off work.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2011, 02:35:08 PM
bump for progress.

Carré Inirial
May 6th, 2011, 09:20:05 PM
I won't be able to book flights until August/September. Plus, by then I'm hoping I'll know if I'm in the fall production, because I may not be able to stay the whole week.

But I'm still coming! :D

Peter McCoy
May 7th, 2011, 03:50:19 AM
I am currently investigating prices etc to see if it's feasible for me to attend this auspicious occasion. I'm not making any promises so I'll assume I'm not going for now so I'm not dis... dissapp...dissapp... disappointed.

/inception

Yeah, basically we have an apartment in Portugal with RCI and I'm checking the exchange fee for Miami - depending on price of flights and cash needed for food etc I hope I can attend. Stay tuned.

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2011, 04:09:21 AM
I just want to get some dates pinned down. The sooner I can book flights the better.

Emelie Shadowstar
May 7th, 2011, 11:07:52 AM
Well... I'm planning on requesting the 14th-18th off... since that's the only feasible way they'll give me. :p

Figure I'll fly in on Saturday the 12th and then leave the following Saturday or Sunday. *nod*

That's the plan at least... it will have to be altered if work decides they can't live without me for a week :ohno

I think I have to wait a bit to request time too since it's so far out.

Tom Harriman
May 7th, 2011, 03:18:44 PM
Right now, I have no idea if I'm coming or not. My current contract is due to end in September, though the person I'm providing maternity cover for isn't due back until October, and my line manager goes on maternity leave at the start of next month with no cover lined up for her...

There's already a vacancy in our team, so the way things are looking right now, I'll be shouldering the workload of my role and my line manager's role for June through September, and then they'll hire someone to fill that vacancy (and cover my line manager) once the person I'm covering gets back. I'll be working my ass off for four months with no extra pay, knowing full-well I'll be cut loose at the end of it. >_<

I may be able to score a permanent role filling the vacancy we have open. Alternatively, I may find a permanent job elsewhere in the company, or in another company between now and September. But unless I do, by the time it comes to the trip I'll probably be burned out and broke, so I'm not all that optimistic about my attendance. :(

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
My current contract also ends in September (also a contract where I am working above my paygrade with no promise of a raise or a new contract, woohoo NHS) which is why I want to get the flights booked now.. whilst I have the cash to afford them :) I've already started putting money aside.

Peter McCoy
May 7th, 2011, 04:28:41 PM
Jenny, how much do you think it will cost you in total?

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2011, 04:47:13 PM
Depends on the flight deal I can get. The last trip cost me about £550 for flights and I took probably half of that again in spending money, at least - though I didn't spend all of it. I guess about £800 is the overall cost I'm looking at for this, maybe £900 to be safe.

Peter McCoy
May 7th, 2011, 04:49:26 PM
Thats a lot more doable than I thought. This could actually happen for me :)

Tom Harriman
May 7th, 2011, 05:06:50 PM
My current contract also ends in September (also a contract where I am working above my paygrade with no promise of a raise or a new contract, woohoo NHS) which is why I want to get the flights booked now.. whilst I have the cash to afford them :) I've already started putting money aside.

Yeah... wtf is it with Britain and doing that? I'm guessing you've got a bunch of managers who get paid a ton more than you and do bugger all work as well, huh? >_<

£900 is actually less than I was expecting... but we'll have to see. Half my pay cheque at the minute is going on rent (London :shakefist), but I get paid every four weeks (thirteen times a year), so that'll hopefully magic me a bit of extra cash at some point.

Crusader
May 7th, 2011, 05:24:08 PM
Work is informed about me not being around in a 2 week time period in November

I already reserved 2000 Euros from my new job and I will have additional $1000 graduation money to spend in the US from my parents. Now all I need is a good flight to FLL.

Right now it looks like I will not be flying from Nuernberg since this would mean losing like an entire day just for flights.

So my current plan is to fly from Frankfurt to one of the US flight hubs and then to FLL.

Peter McCoy
May 7th, 2011, 06:22:37 PM
Looking at Netflights.com, I assume the departure and arrival times are the local time?

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2011, 08:47:28 PM
Usually yeah. England to Florida is about 6 hours I think.

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2011, 01:47:11 AM
Looking at Netflights.com, I assume the departure and arrival times are the local time?

Yes. Departure will be UK time and arrival will be US Eastern time.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 8th, 2011, 06:41:32 AM
If anyone wants to fly into birmingham and roadtrip it with charley and I, that's cool too :)

Peter McCoy
May 8th, 2011, 11:13:53 AM
If anyone wants to fly into birmingham and roadtrip it with charley and I, that's cool too :)

I never knew there was a tunnel going under the Atlantic from Birmingham to Miami!?!?!?

..ohhhhhh, the other Birmingham!

:p

It'd be so awesome if people in Birmingham USA sounded like Brummies. LOL!

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
I don't know how flights from Liverpool will be Peter, but chances are I will be flying via Heathrow, if you want to try and co-ordinate flights :)

Droo
May 8th, 2011, 11:40:06 AM
It'd be so awesome if people in Birmingham USA sounded like Brummies. LOL!

No, it wouldn't. It really wouldn't!

Pierce Tondry
May 8th, 2011, 04:55:20 PM
OKAY.

This is Brian's official "plan of action".

Tentatively I am blocking off a week-ish of time beginning with Friday November 11th (I get the day off) and ending with November 20th for our 'Fans gathering. I have extended family in Florida and would like to arrange to catch up with some of them, so I may try to do an additional week with them before or after Miami Nerd. However, should that fall through, ideally this just means additional time spent with you crazies.

SO anyone who is interested in hanging out with yours truly should plan to party using those dates. GET THERE TO GET DOWN, YO!

Crusader
May 9th, 2011, 05:20:18 AM
Who would want to do a Pen&Paper Roleplaying night? I could do the game master since I still have some campaigns stored somewhere on my PC I would just need to translate them into English.
If we had a native speaker as GM it would be better otherwise we will have a lot of Hagens, Alriks and Siegfrieds as NPCs.

Lieutenant William O'Hara
May 9th, 2011, 05:41:11 AM
I don't know how flights from Liverpool will be Peter, but chances are I will be flying via Heathrow, if you want to try and co-ordinate flights :)

I live about half an hour from Heathrow, and have a couple of sofas and plenty of floor space. There are buses near here that go to the airport - so whether I go or not, y'all are welcome to use my flat as a staging ground if you don't want to trek down and fly on the same day. :)

Assuming you don't mind staying in Slough, that is. :uhoh

[/Jace]

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2011, 10:22:54 AM
Who would want to do a Pen&Paper Roleplaying night? I could do the game master since I still have some campaigns stored somewhere on my PC I would just need to translate them into English.
If we had a native speaker as GM it would be better otherwise we will have a lot of Hagens, Alriks and Siegfrieds as NPCs.

I'd be up for that. Or any kind of games really. We had a few rounds of tipsy trivia in Nevada which were fun :)

Sanis Prent
May 11th, 2011, 05:30:39 AM
Pen & Paper takes forever but I'd be down with burning a day on it as long as we're drunk.

I've only played half a game of real D&D before so I have no idea.

Park Kraken
May 11th, 2011, 05:54:38 AM
We could do some Munchkin if nothing else for RPing night.

Sanis Prent
May 11th, 2011, 06:58:29 AM
what the hell is munchkin?

Peter McCoy
May 11th, 2011, 11:29:19 AM
I'm up for P&P RPG as long as I can be a really tall Ferengi who pretends to be normal size by kneeling down behind the bar.

Morgan Evanar
May 11th, 2011, 11:33:08 AM
http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2011, 02:08:04 PM
Since we watched basically all the Clone Wars in Nevada, we need to step up our nerd game this time round :D

Miranda Tarkin
May 11th, 2011, 03:24:10 PM
so... can I have a clear date of when this is going down XD I want to put my request in tomorrow :D

and munchkin rule!

Tiermes Habrok
May 13th, 2011, 11:57:41 AM
Nov 11th to Nov 20th

If you don't like them dates, speak now or forever hold your peace people

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2011, 03:55:09 PM
I will be booking my flights next Thurday, when I gets paid :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2011, 04:21:46 PM
Charley and I will be there on the morning of the 11th, and head out on the morning of the 20th :)

Crusader
May 18th, 2011, 05:46:02 PM
According to the internet flights will cost me between 550 and 700€ during this time of the year if I happen to fly to FLL from Munich.

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2011, 03:20:45 PM
BOOKED!

Arriving MIA on 11/11/2011 @ 17.10
Departing MIA on 20/11/2011 @ 18.10

I'm going via Heathrow, so anyone else who is thinking of doing the same let me know and I'll let you know which flights I'm booked onto :)

Sanis Prent
May 19th, 2011, 05:37:26 PM
Charley and I will be there on the morning of the 11th, and head out on the morning of the 20th :)

Leaving on the 20th??!! No ma'am! I gotta work on Monday lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 19th, 2011, 10:18:06 PM
So do I, dork.

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2011, 12:23:03 AM
I really wouldn't recommend doing Miami to northern Bama in one shot. You're going to wish death upon yourselves.

Don't underestimate how suicide inducing this state is to drive through.

Crusader
May 20th, 2011, 01:30:15 AM
Jenny is going to be Missing In Action on the 11th till the 20th... Miami's airport code is well fitting for our purposes: Nerds MIA!

Park Kraken
May 20th, 2011, 06:16:13 AM
It'd probably be a good ten to twelve hours to the Alabama border alone. And that doesn't factor in any stops along the way.

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2011, 07:41:13 AM
Its not that far. Tallahassee is an 8.5 hour drive with stops.

Miranda Tarkin
May 20th, 2011, 10:03:02 AM
I am now uncertain if I can go :(

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2011, 10:18:00 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(it's ok, no matter what happens we love you anyway.)

Dasquian Belargic
May 22nd, 2011, 03:04:04 AM
Co-pilot? :(

Park Kraken
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:43:42 PM
Its not that far. Tallahassee is an 8.5 hour drive with stops.

Tallahassee is 170 miles from the FL/AL border (I-10). I'm assuming Char/Chris would come in further along the border, but to that particular border at about 75 mph would be right around the 10 hour mark, if you don't stop anywhere along the way. Since you included stops, a non-stop drive would probably be...9 hours total?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:33:23 PM
Bumpity bump.

Any more news? :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:23:48 PM
I'm still going. :huh

Crusader
Jul 18th, 2011, 04:00:15 PM
me too but I should better book my flights before the end of the month. Nobody knows how flight prices/ dollar will react on the 1st of August if the congress is not coming to an agreement till then. So as far as I have understood everyone is going to land at Miami International Airport at the evening so it would be best for me to do the same.

Who has got the earliest flgiht for departure on sunday?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 18th, 2011, 04:12:19 PM
Charley and I will be there of course ;)

Park Kraken
Jul 20th, 2011, 06:14:10 AM
Still planning on being there. Not sure if I'll be leaving the 12th or the 13th, with an arrival on the same date, of course.

Mu Satach
Jul 20th, 2011, 10:25:50 PM
I want to go...
I want to go...
I want to go...
I want to go...
I want to go...
I have no idea if I will be able to go.
*sigh*

I've been applying for new jobs and have a few side gigs going on - everything is sort of like white water river rafting at the moment.

Crusader
Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:49:31 AM
Are we going to need additional vehicles for trips? Or do we already have enough cars? Otherwise I would rent one more at the airport.

Crusader
Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:55:05 AM
Oh and BTW my boss confirmed my vacation so I am 150% coming now

Morgan Evanar
Jul 22nd, 2011, 07:01:34 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Park Kraken
Jul 24th, 2011, 05:14:45 PM
I'll be driving down in my truck, which can carry 1 passenger in the front and up to about 9-10 more in the bed (which isn't illegal in FL as long as they aren't minors).

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 26th, 2011, 12:26:34 PM
Seems like so far we will be okay on the car front. we managed with just 2 in Nevada anyway!

Crusader
Jul 28th, 2011, 05:38:04 PM
Do we still want to make a pen and paper night/day at Miami Nerd? If yes it would be nice to get some feedback and class wishes so that I could start creating some character sheets and ploting out some kind of campaign.

Sanis Prent
Jul 28th, 2011, 05:39:19 PM
I'd like to try it

Crusader
Jul 28th, 2011, 05:48:11 PM
Well I was thinking about doing something in a high fantasy setting with you guys.

So you can basiclly come up with ideas like Elf rogue or Viking Warrior and I will try to find a class that is fitting to the description...

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 28th, 2011, 06:11:59 PM
Half-elf rogue, pls?

Park Kraken
Jul 28th, 2011, 09:39:48 PM
By pen and paper you mean D&D or something else?

Crusader
Jul 29th, 2011, 01:01:49 AM
Something like D&D. I want to recycle my old "the Dark Eye" campaigns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

The rule set is very similar except for the fact that rolling a one with a D20 leads to a perfect succes while rolling a twenty will lead to a complete failure.

The realm Arkania or Aventuria (how I prefer to call it) is a lot more detailed than most D&D regions and it has got a more "European/Real" feel than AD&D. The world of Aventuria is basicly stuck at the beginning of European/Middle Eastern renaissance and gun powder is just about to be discovered so fortunately you have all the badass medival weaponry but you have renaissance architecture.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:48:27 PM
Hello Salty Nerds,

Please sound off if you are coming to Casa de Casale in November. I will maka-de-list. Need to start planning da monies and such.

Sanis Prent
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:42:25 PM
Me & the woman

Crusader
Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:31:56 AM
Messa too!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:56:23 AM
Moi aussi!

Crusader
Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:18:39 PM
I would like to coordinate my pickup and departure before I book the flight.

So according to my plan I would land in Miami on Friday at 8: 31 PM so just one hour later than Jenny.

I would leave for Germany at 12:19 or 1: 30 PM.

@Charley: So if you and Christine are still planing to leave early on Sunday it would be nice of you if you took a detour over MIA so that I would be able to check in early.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:20:45 PM
Peter, based on my experience with LAX this year.. I will probably just be getting out of customs at MIA by the time you land, so it's feasible that we could get picked up at the same time, to save on trips.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:57:37 PM
I'm really close to MIA so I wouldn't worry about transport.

Sanis Prent
Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:33:20 PM
I want to be utterly sick of cuban food by the time I leave, btw. Put pigs on an endangered species list.

Emelie Shadowstar
Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:36:58 PM
I shall be there! :D Got the official okay from the boss on the vacation time yesterday so... yep!

Park Kraken
Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:17:18 PM
Mesa will be coming, but won't be arriving until the early AM of the 13th.

Crusader
Aug 4th, 2011, 11:36:38 AM
OK Flight details for Crusader:

Frankfurt FRA - Paris CDG AM 7:25 - Am 8:45
Paris CDG - Miami MIA AM 10:50 - Paris 14:40

Miami MIA - Paris CDG PM 5:55 - 8:20
Paris CDG - Frankfurt FRA AM 9:50 - 11:10

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
Paris CDG... my condolences, Peter. What a crappy airport.

BUT HOORAY FLIGHTS

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2011, 05:41:59 PM
We should get our happy asses to the hardware store to make lightsabers while we're in Miami :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2011, 05:46:54 PM
^ This. Yes, this.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2011, 08:31:49 PM
I'll start stepping up my scrounging at work, and will have a nice box of odds and sods to bring for us :)

Sanis Prent
Aug 28th, 2011, 08:48:26 PM
I'm trying to find a way to make mine watertight so it can be a beverage container

Morgan Evanar
Aug 28th, 2011, 08:52:35 PM
Some sort of plastic lining. Maybe silicone caulk?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2011, 08:54:29 PM
Don't encourage him!

Morgan Evanar
Aug 28th, 2011, 09:48:04 PM
But a lightsaber flask is the coolest thing ever!

Park Kraken
Aug 29th, 2011, 05:51:14 AM
Someone should come up with a recipe for a Deathsaber (Deathstick in a Lightsaber).

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 1st, 2011, 02:39:13 PM
Holy crap, walmart has the third uwe boll bloodrayne movie, and apperntly it has undead nazis in it. Should I get it for us all to watch while drinking?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2011, 02:51:23 PM
Naturally!

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2011, 04:09:42 PM
Sure, why not!

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2011, 04:10:58 PM
Im a Uwe Boll virgin, as far as I know

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 1st, 2011, 06:09:49 PM
I'll pick it up tomorrow then. We do have Postal, so I should bring that also.

Crusader
Sep 2nd, 2011, 02:04:21 AM
Postal is wicked fun even for a Boll film.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:46:14 PM
ATTN: SCORPION ACOLYTES

Bring your pendants. I have Burning Nerd medallions and new leather cording for your trophy necklaces.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Sep 7th, 2011, 09:35:55 PM
Postal is wicked fun even for a Boll film.

If only because it inspired this .gif

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p156/LoungieMu/segal.gif

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 8th, 2011, 10:57:36 AM
ATTN: SCORPION ACOLYTES

Bring your pendants. I have Burning Nerd medallions and new leather cording for your trophy necklaces.

Oooo :eee

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 8th, 2011, 04:40:39 PM
Also, if you have a little trinket or somesuch that can be strung up bring that too if you want it added.

Here's mine:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/example.jpg

As you can see, it has undergone a bit of a metamorphosis since last year. I used to have it on a metal bead chain for a while, but now it's on the leather cording and I haven't put on the clasps yet since I need to get a BN medallion on it before I do that.

So if there's a ring or some other nifty thing that you want on there, bring it and I'll add it :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 8th, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
:eee So excitedddddd

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 9th, 2011, 02:47:35 PM
What with new additions to our necklaces and home-made lightsabers, it feels like this will be a crafty Nerd!

Mu Satach
Sep 12th, 2011, 03:43:25 PM
But a lightsaber flask is the coolest thing ever!

yes...

I would actually make one then if I knew it could be my own little rescue canteen.

Aurelias Kazaar
Sep 21st, 2011, 08:16:55 PM
All right all right I'm in I'm in. Was gonna make it a surprise (and I didn't even think to mention it) but Morg said I needed to say I was coming. So...I'm coming for a few days. IF I can get the days off

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2011, 12:58:42 AM
Woo! A surprise guest :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:13:58 AM
Who's gonna follow in the glorious footsteps of our king and take a scorpion shot?

That's right - s'Il has gotten a hold of another scorpion :cool

Crusader
Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:06:23 AM
Hehe since I am not part of the order yet I guess I should do it as an initiation ritual.

Sanis Prent
Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:25:04 AM
Haha voluntary hazing

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:08:09 AM
Scorpion Prince!

Morgan Evanar
Sep 22nd, 2011, 01:01:38 PM
The best hazing.

Aurelias Kazaar
Sep 22nd, 2011, 01:21:04 PM
A scorpion shot? Oh Lord this I gotta see (and experience)

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
It is glorious.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:13:50 PM
^ You! Christin and I need your booze wizardry to come up with the recipe for a Sonic Boozedriver :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 22nd, 2011, 03:04:52 PM
I have been informed by the alcohol fairies >_> plans to experiment this weekend have been made

TheHolo.Net
Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:48:34 PM
One of these years I will make it to one of these.....

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:36:54 AM
Do iiiiit!

Pierce Tondry
Sep 23rd, 2011, 04:52:23 PM
All right all right I'm in I'm in. Was gonna make it a surprise (and I didn't even think to mention it) but Morg said I needed to say I was coming. So...I'm coming for a few days. IF I can get the days off

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hah! My prodding bore fruit! :) If both of us can make it, it will be good to see you again dude!

Hehe since I am not part of the order yet I guess I should do it as an initiation ritual.

Excellent! Someone to follow in my footsteps!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 24th, 2011, 08:52:13 AM
You and Taylor both better come out - I've got your Salty Nerd pendants made and your initials on the back :p

Aurelias Kazaar
Sep 24th, 2011, 01:41:20 PM
Still waiting to hear back on the days off. But I think it'll work out. I THINK.

Park Kraken
Sep 24th, 2011, 03:21:37 PM
Okay, so I probably won't be coming out for the first half, but barring vacation rejection I'll be out there from the 15th to the 19-20th, otherwise it'll be from the 17th to the 19-20th.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 24th, 2011, 03:25:00 PM
Hope you guys take lots of pictures so i can see the fun since I am still bummed I can't make it this year :(

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 24th, 2011, 04:17:02 PM
You and Taylor both better come out - I've got your Salty Nerd pendants made and your initials on the back :p

Well now it would just be rude for you guys to not come :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2011, 06:37:58 PM
Sooooo, which sonic screwdriver version lends itself best to conversion for an alcohol-delivering device?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 5th, 2011, 10:49:06 AM
:lol Uhhh... thats tough. They're all pretty slim! You could probably dismantle Eleven's or Ten's to fit a test-tube style shot in there though!

Captain Untouchable
Oct 5th, 2011, 11:45:06 AM
Sooooo, which sonic screwdriver version lends itself best to conversion for an alcohol-delivering device?

Isn't it a bit weird to be using a sonic screwdriver to get hammered? ;)

Probably this one (http://images.wikia.com/tardis/images/8/8b/Master_with_laser_screwdriver.png). Technically not a sonic screwdriver per se (it's the Master's "laser" screwdriver), but there's a fair bit more internal capacity.

Since y'all are building lightsabers though, what about concealing a hip flask inside one? :3

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 5th, 2011, 12:32:14 PM
Gotta be sonic screwdriver since the drink is a sonic boozedriver :p

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 6th, 2011, 06:53:06 PM
OK! Because I'm a giant slacker... I finally booked my flights. XD

Depart:
Sat, Nov 12, 2011
06:00 am - 01:55 pm (LAX to MIA)

Return:
Sat, Nov 19, 2011
08:40 am - 11:20 am (MIA to LAX)

Had to do Saturday leavings thanks to work and such but I think this'll work. :D

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2011, 07:54:08 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaay.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2011, 01:45:26 AM
Lookin forward to dis.

EDIT: Got sent my electronic tickets this morning! WOOP!

Pierce Tondry
Oct 14th, 2011, 05:30:57 PM
OKAY.

GET THERE TO GET DOWN, YO!

Remember how I said this?

It's happening.

Depart:
Thu, Nov 10, 2011
09:44 am - 04:50 pm (RIC to MIA)

Return:
Sun, Nov 20, 2011
09:00 am - 03:44 pm (MIA to RIC)

I will see you all there.

IMPORTANT REQUEST: can we figure out a headcount of the folks attending?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 14th, 2011, 07:59:42 PM
To the best of my knowledge:

Jenny
Sarah
Chris (derp)
You (huzzah!!!!!)
Charley
Myself
Peter
Taylor
Kraken
Dee (?)

I think that's all?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 15th, 2011, 07:51:33 AM
Awwww Yeah.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 16th, 2011, 04:50:05 AM
I can almost smell that salty air :D

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 16th, 2011, 04:51:54 AM
Has anyone heard from Dee lately? :ohno

Pierce Tondry
Oct 16th, 2011, 05:54:07 PM
I'm afraid Dee will not be in attendance. She unfortunately lost her job last week. For those who have her friended on Facebook, I recommend a mass of e-hugs to help mitigate the situation.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2011, 06:11:59 PM
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Aurelias Kazaar
Oct 16th, 2011, 06:58:21 PM
Guys I have some bad news. I have to cancel. There's a family situation in Dallas I need to attend to, so I'm headed there.

When your Dad says, "We'd really like to see you," and says it twice in separate conversations...you need to go to Dallas.

Sorry all, I was looking forward to it.

Sanis Prent
Oct 16th, 2011, 07:12:21 PM
We're losing nerds, fast!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 16th, 2011, 07:13:08 PM
Oh Dee :( :( :(

Don't worry Taylor, family comes first, and there's always next year :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
Our fallen nerds :(

I'd say we could call you to say hi, but based on our last round of drunk calling, I don't know if that is such a good idea

Morgan Evanar
Oct 26th, 2011, 07:19:10 PM
hey guys please e-mail me your travel itinerary with the title "Salty Nerd" and your name/andor handle. Gotta figure out my pickup plans.

ca.casale hat gmail dot com

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 26th, 2011, 07:30:35 PM
Our fallen nerds :(

I'd say we could call you to say hi, but based on our last round of drunk calling, I don't know if that is such a good idea

Soon as you get liquored up, it's gonna sound like a great idea :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2011, 10:26:05 AM
You guys were terrible with calling last year. I'm just saying. Saying you were going to call back and never doing it. ;)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 27th, 2011, 11:47:50 AM
It was really difficult to call last year, reception was an issue.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
Yeah, we were kind of in the middle of nowhere !

Sanis Prent
Nov 2nd, 2011, 06:41:34 PM
Do we have any kind of an itinerary of things we're doing, or is this kinda an open "we'll be drinking and other things will also be happening" thing?

Park Kraken
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:08:28 AM
Having met none of you IRL yet and being in an unfamiliar city, I'll be one of the designated drivers this entire trip, but I imagine this time of season, when it might be slightly cool but the waters are still warm, would be a good time to hit the beach at least a couple of days. ;)

Crusader
Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:41:03 AM
when it might be slightly cool but the waters are still warm, would be a good time to hit the beach at least a couple of days. ;)

Well if by slightly cool you mean 24-27°C (75.2-80.6 degrees Fahrenheit), I would be in for some time at the beach.

Do we have any kind of an itinerary of things we're doing, or is this kinda an open "we'll be drinking and other things will also be happening" thing?

We have the build your own lightsabre workshop planed.

The "How do we tell Peter's girlfriend that he died of food poisoning" Event aka "The Rise of the Scopion Prince".

I have prepared a pen&paper campaign.

I think some people were planning to get their skin mutilated.

Unfortunately we leave one friday too early... so no black friday shopping but since I have got some dollars with me that need to be spent going to a Mall would be cool.

Do we plan on watching clone wars season 3 this time?

We could go out for dinner and/or clubbing one night?

Oh and I think we will watch stupid movies and drink a lot but this is just a theory.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:25:37 PM
We're going to Key West for a day, and there are some local attractions we'll see. Aside from that, we gonna be druuuunk. Or you guys will be more than me. Partly because I can't skip all my classes, and partly because I can't freak my Mom out too much.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:38:53 PM
I doubt we'll be in too much need of designated drivers, as the only time we'll be getting totally blasted will be when we're somewhere that doesn't require driving. We've always been mindful when we're actually out and about :)

Captain Untouchable
Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:21:30 PM
I'm gonna get woken up by a phone call from you guys at 4am again, aren't I? >_>

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:45:02 PM
Honestly, or not honestly?

Morgan Evanar
Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:45:36 PM
It's less likely this time, thanks to a closer proximity timezone.

We'll pencil you in for 1 A.M.

Park Kraken
Nov 3rd, 2011, 06:40:58 PM
That'll be a day trip to Key West. I've been down to Key Largo before, I don't know if I've been down as far as Marathon or not. Unless we're spending a night down there, I guess we won't be snorkeling the reefs?

Sanis Prent
Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:04:17 PM
I'm gonna get woken up by a phone call from you guys at 4am again, aren't I? >_>

We've actually hired a chav named Denis to give you a blanket party whilst screaming S W FANS DOT NET while dousing you with fizzed cider and getting pics on his mobile.

Sweet dreams!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:16:11 PM
Key Largo is only an hour or so away. We can look into a snorkeling trip.