PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pick 'em 2010: Week 16 (games on Thursday and Saturday!)

Dragon
Dec 21st, 2010, 11:15:07 AM
Merry Christmas! Don't forget your picks amidst all the eggnog.

Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT

Saturday, December 25
DAL @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI
NE @ BUF
TEN @ KC
WAS @ JAX
DET @ MIA
SF @ STL
BAL @ CLE

HOU @ DEN
IND @ OAK
SD @ CIN
SEA @ TB
NYG @ GB
MIN @ PHI

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL

Survivor Pool

Ryan Pode: HOU, DET, NYG, BAL, STL, NO, TB, <strike>TEN</strike>, NYJ, ATL, DAL

Anne Phoenix: NYJ, <strike>NO</strike>, <strike>TB</strike>, NE, KC, GB, BUF, ATL, CLE, PHI, PIT, <strike>MIA</strike>
Dragon: SD, ATL, <strike>CHI</strike>, BAL, KC, NO, <strike>NYG</strike>, GB, NYJ, STL, PIT, <strike>TB</strike>
Yog: GB, BAL, NYG, <strike>NO</strike>, KC, ATL, TB, SD, NYJ, PHI, PIT, NE

Dragon
Dec 22nd, 2010, 12:21:44 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT WIN

Saturday, December 25
DAL WIN (S) @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI WIN
NE WIN @ BUF
TEN @ KC WIN
WAS @ JAX WIN
DET WIN @ MIA
SF @ STL WIN
BAL WIN @ CLE

HOU WIN @ DEN
IND WIN @ OAK
SD WIN @ CIN
SEA @ TB WIN
NYG @ GB WIN
MIN @ PHI WIN

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL WIN

Xavier Synik
Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:12:18 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (w)

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W) @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ (W) @ CHI
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN (W) @ KC
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET @ MIA (W)
SF (w) @ STL
BAL (w) @ CLE

HOU (w) @ DEN
IND (w) @ OAK
SD (w) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (w)
NYG (w) @ GB
MIN @ PHI (w)

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL (w)

Liam Jinn
Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (W)

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W) @ ARI

Ryan Pode
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:53:47 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT Win

Saturday, December 25
Win DAL @ ARI

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:31:29 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT W

Saturday, December 25
W DAL @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI W
W NE @ BUF
TEN @ KC W
WAS @ JAX W
W DET @ MIA
W SF @ STL
W BAL @ CLE

HOU @ DEN W
W IND @ OAK
W SD @ CIN
SEA @ TB W
NYG @ GB W
MIN @ PHI W

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL W

Dragon
Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:34:47 PM
Unbelievably, there are still three teams alive for the NFC West championship: the 6-8 Seahawks, the 6-8 Rams, and the 5-9 49ers. What's more, they all control their own destiny.

The 49ers need to make up a game on both the Seahawks and the Rams, but, lucky for them, they play the Rams this week and at the Seahawks next week. If they win both games, all three teams can be no better than 7-9, and the 49ers will have a division-best 5-1 record against divisional opponents.

The Seahawks could also make it by winning their final two games (at Tampa Bay and vs. St. Louis), giving them a division-best 8-8 record. But winning in Tampa is a tall order. If they lose this week, they'll need San Francisco to lose one of their final two games so they can't bring their superior division record to bear.

The Rams could also make it by winning their final games (vs. San Francisco, at Seattle) and going 8-8. However, because of their bad division record, if they're tied at 7-9 with either Seattle or San Francisco, they're out.

Just goes to show that even in the lousiest division in football, division games are still the most important...

Rutabaga
Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:38:07 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT WIN

Saturday, December 25
DAL WIN @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI WIN
NE WIN @ BUF
TEN @ KC WIN
WAS @ JAX WIN
DET @ MIA WIN
SF @ STL WIN
BAL WIN @ CLE

HOU @ DEN WIN
IND WIN @ OAK
SD WIN @ CIN
SEA @ TB WIN
NYG WIN @ GB
MIN @ PHI WIN

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL WIN

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:59:34 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (W)

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W) @ ARI

Anne Phoenix
Dec 23rd, 2010, 01:29:01 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (W)

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W) @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI (W)
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN @ KC (W)
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET @ MIA (W)
SF (W) @ STL (S)
BAL (W) @ CLE

HOU (W) @ DEN
IND (W) @ OAK
SD (W) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
NYG (W) @ GB
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL (W)

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 23rd, 2010, 02:19:36 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (W)

Saturday, December 25
(W) DAL @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI (W)
(W) NE @ BUF
TEN @ KC (W)
WAS @ JAX (W)
(W) DET @ MIA
SF @ STL (W)
(W) BAL @ CLE

(W) HOU @ DEN
(W) IND @ OAK
(W) SD @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
(W) NYG @ GB
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL (W)

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:39:51 PM
Thursday, December 23
CAR @ PIT (W)

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W) @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ (W) @ CHI
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN @ KC (W)
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET (W) @ MIA
SF (W) @ STL
BAL (W) @ CLE

HOU @ DEN (W)
IND (W) @ OAK
SD (W) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
NYG @ GB (W)
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO (W) @ ATL

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:26:05 PM
What is everyone's opinion about the mess in Washington?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5952087

I have to say Shananan is a moron, and I don't think he is a good coach either. The reason he won two SBs was because of Elway and Terrell Davis and nothing else. He had little to do with that, since Elway retired he is below .500 as a head coach. At this rate, I think he will probably get run out of Washington at the next season. Mcnabb will probably go elsewhere to either the 49ers or another team who can better use his services.
About the NFC West, it is an awful division and I believe we will have a 7-9 team in the playoffs. I have this feeling it will be the niners. The reason the division is so bad is you have 3 rebuilding teams which can make for some bad football.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:08:43 PM
PIT

Oops I hope this isn't late ^_^;

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:56:47 PM
PIT

Oops I hope this isn't late ^_^;

The game started at 8:20 so you just made it.

Liam Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:12:19 PM
It's just a weird season for football. I mean KC is actually leading their division, and they have the Broncos and Chargers falling behind. Hell, I'm surprised the Raiders aren't leading that division.

Bears are leading over the Packers, and the Falcons are friggin 12-2 beating the Saints record. And forget about the NFC West, that's basically the same as the AFC West.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:08:14 PM
It's just a weird season for football. I mean KC is actually leading their division, and they have the Broncos and Chargers falling behind. Hell, I'm surprised the Raiders aren't leading that division.

Bears are leading over the Packers, and the Falcons are friggin 12-2 beating the Saints record. And forget about the NFC West, that's basically the same as the AFC West.

Well, the Chiefs are a young team and you know every year one team excels who stunk the year before. Denver never had a chance this year with moron McDaniels and that awful defense. The Falcons don't surprise me because they had a great core and I could see them making a run. The Bears are the biggest shock. I never thought they win that division.

Dragon
Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:05:54 PM
I'm surprised that Donovan McNabb has said he wants to stay in Washington. He said he and his family have enjoyed living there; I can't imagine he's enjoyed being treated like crap. I'm still shocked that he signed a contract that carried the option of cutting him in the coming offseason for nothing but his $3 million signing bonus. I've always liked McNabb, and I think he still has some good football in him. I have to think either the Vikings or the Cardinals would jump at the chance to add him next year and make a run at the playoffs.

The Redskins, meanwhile, are a joke, as always. Bill Snyder thinks he can buy himself a championship with high-profile free agent signings, but most of them are has-beens and castaways from other teams. He and Albert Haynesworth deserve each other.

Ryan Pode
Dec 24th, 2010, 03:33:11 PM
Posting Liam Jinn's picks:

Sunday, December 26
NYJ (W) @ CHI
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN (W) @ KC
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET (W) @ MIA
SF @ STL (W)
BAL (W) @ CLE

HOU (W) @ DEN
IND (W) @ OAK
SD (W) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
NYG @ GB (W)
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO (W) @ ATL

Liam Jinn
Dec 24th, 2010, 03:35:13 PM
Posting Pode's picks:

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI Win
NE Win @ BUF
TEN @ KC Win
WAS @ JAX Win
DET Win @ MIA
SF @ STL Win
BAL Win @ CLE

HOU Win @ DEN
IND @ OAK Win
SD Win @ CIN
SEA @ TB Win
NYG Win @ GB
MIN @ PHI Win

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL Win

New England (S)

Dragon
Dec 24th, 2010, 08:13:36 PM
You guys...

:rolleyes

Ryan Pode
Dec 24th, 2010, 10:49:28 PM
Just wait till next week.

Yog
Dec 25th, 2010, 03:36:12 AM
Doh, forgot to submit for Thursday. I've been rather busy. Would you believe me if I swear I'd picked Pittsburgh?

Saturday, December 25
DAL (W)(S) @ ARI

Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI (W)
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN @ KC (W)
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET @ MIA (W)
SF @ STL (W)
BAL (W) @ CLE

HOU (W) @ DEN
IND (W) @ OAK
SD (W) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
NYG @ GB (W)
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL (W)

Dragon
Dec 25th, 2010, 10:55:19 AM
Just wait till next week.

If you pick your games one post at a time, so help me... :mneh

Rutabaga
Dec 25th, 2010, 09:58:33 PM
Holy crap, that was a great game tonight!

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2010, 05:22:22 AM
Sunday, December 26
NYJ @ CHI (W)
NE (W) @ BUF
TEN @ KC (W)
WAS @ JAX (W)
DET @ MIA (W)
SF @ STL (W)
BAL (W) @ CLE

HOU @ DEN (W)
IND (W) @ OAK
SD (W) @ CIN
SEA @ TB (W)
NYG (W) @ GB
MIN @ PHI (W)

Monday, December 27
NO @ ATL (W)

Rutabaga
Dec 26th, 2010, 12:00:23 PM
Just heard that the MIN-PHI game scheduled for tonight has been postponed until Tuesday due to snow.

Dragon
Dec 26th, 2010, 12:22:02 PM
Just the Vikings' luck - their game against the Eagles has just been postponed to Tuesday because Philadelphia is getting twenty inches of snow tonight.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2010, 03:26:07 PM
Great game in Chicago as the Bears take the win. The Rams win, eliminating the Niners. Patriots win and get homefield. The Chiefs dominate the Titans to come one game closer to the playoffs. So, far Miami, Jacksonville will be eliminated with a win by Indy, Oakland, and Niners are all eliminated. Only AFC West and NFC West to be decided, and last wild card spot in both conference.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2010, 05:53:39 PM
I am shocked how bad the Chargers are getting beat, now losing 34-13. The Chiefs are now AFC West champs :hurr Sorry Rutabaga the Chargers just had a rough year.

Anne Phoenix
Dec 26th, 2010, 06:14:39 PM
I just looked up the scores, and am suprised at some of the victories today. But the last two games running right now are the two Bay's with home games, and they're both winning with 38 to 15/17 point scores. I found that pretty funny. :lol

CIN winning today was the only real shocker for me, but I was slightly suprised that DET and STL won their games as well.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2010, 07:09:32 PM
I caught a few of the shockers with Detroit and Denver. I would have never picked Arizona or Cincinnati.

Rutabaga
Dec 26th, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
I am shocked how bad the Chargers are getting beat, now losing 34-13. The Chiefs are now AFC West champs :hurr Sorry Rutabaga the Chargers just had a rough year.

For some reason our CBS affiliate went with IND-OAK instead of SD-CIN. In retrospect, I'm glad they did that...if I'd been watching what was happening in Cincinnati, I probably would've been curled up in a fetal position sobbing by the time it was all over. :cry

Congrats to your Chiefs, Carr...it's been an odd year, that's for sure.

Rutabaga
Dec 27th, 2010, 07:23:43 AM
The only thing that surprises me about Mike Singeltary's firing is that they did it with one game left in the season.

What the Niners really need is a decent, consistent quarterback. Until that happens, the team will continue to be doomed.

Xavier Synik
Dec 27th, 2010, 11:05:23 AM
The only thing that surprises me about Mike Singeltary's firing is that they did it with one game left in the season.

What the Niners really need is a decent, consistent quarterback. Until that happens, the team will continue to be doomed.

Was thinking the same thing last night after I read the news story.

Not that it would ever happen (okay it might but the odds are astronomical), but could you imagine the offence with Vick as the QB?

You already have a top end running back and tight end. Crabtree is coming along as a good receiver, so draft another receiver. The O-line is young thanks to last year's draft so it's pretty set.

Basically you put a QB on that team that can do something and it will be near instant turn around.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 27th, 2010, 11:56:04 AM
Sad to hear about Singletary, but you can't be called a leader when obviously no one is following. SO many stupid penalties yesterday.

And I forgot to make my picks, but I'm solidly in last place so... :lol ce la vie!

Dragon
Dec 27th, 2010, 07:09:15 PM
They had problems at a lot more positions than quarterback. When receivers are dropping passes, the line is failing to provide pass protection and run blocking, and the defense can't stop the other team, a good quarterback still can't do much to help you. The 49ers were maddeningly inconsistent, looking like a team just beginning to rebuild, not a team that's been developing a core of veterans for three or four years. Some of that comes down to leadership, and, yes, the QB plays a big part there, but, ultimately, when a team fails to play to the level of their talent, the biggest scapegoat will always be the coach. The Bengals and Cowboys are in the same boat, really, though in those cases, I think what they need is a proper GM instead of a meddlesome owner.

As for the timing, it may have been that, until this week, the 49ers were still in the playoff hunt. Fortunately, not even the NFC West can be won at 6-10.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 27th, 2010, 08:32:03 PM
Maybe I should have picked the Saints.

Anne Phoenix
Dec 28th, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
So much for the Wildcard slot for the Bucs. We need the Saints to lose to get it. Oh well. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 28th, 2010, 08:58:49 PM
You need the Packers and Giants both to lose. It won't be easy. The Eagles sure look flat so far tonight. I wonder if the delay hurt them.

Dragon
Dec 30th, 2010, 07:18:20 PM
Weekly Tally

Dragon: 10-6
Figrin D'an: 10-6
Jedi Master Carr: 10-6
Nathanial K'cansce: 10-6
Miranda Tarkin: 9-7
Rutabaga: 9-7
Liam Jinn: 8-8
Ryan Pode: 8-8
Yog: 8-8
Anne Phoenix: 7-9
Xavier Synik: 6-10
Lilaena De'Ville: 5-11 (did not pick)

Season Totals

1. Jedi Master Carr: 151-89 (141)
2. Rutabaga: 150-90 (141)
3. Miranda Tarkin: 147-93 (138)
3. Nathanial K'cansce: 147-93 (137)
3. Ryan Pode: 147-93 (139)
6. Anne Phoenix: 146-94 (139)
6. Yog: 146-94 (138)
8. Dragon: 145-95 (135)
9. Figrin D'an: 144-96 (134)
10. Liam Jinn: 141-99 (133)
11. Xavier Synik: 139-101 (133)
12. Lilaena De'Ville: 133-107 (128)

Survivor Pool

Ryan Pode: HOU, DET, NYG, BAL, STL, NO, TB, <strike>TEN</strike>, NYJ, ATL, DAL, NE

Anne Phoenix: NYJ, <strike>NO</strike>, <strike>TB</strike>, NE, KC, GB, BUF, ATL, CLE, PHI, PIT, <strike>MIA</strike>, <strike>SF</strike>
Dragon: SD, ATL, <strike>CHI</strike>, BAL, KC, NO, <strike>NYG</strike>, GB, NYJ, STL, PIT, <strike>TB</strike>,<strike> DAL</strike>
Yog: GB, BAL, NYG, <strike>NO</strike>, KC, ATL, TB, SD, NYJ, PHI, PIT, NE,<strike> DAL</strike>