PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in Robinson Park...

Pamela Isley
Dec 5th, 2010, 02:32:02 PM
“ - and to think I didn't get an invite. Who does that man think he is?”

The evening edition of the Gotham Gazette flapped over Pamela Isley's shoulder, landing the front-page snapshot of Bruce Wayne face-down in a muddy puddle. Whilst the glitterati of Gotham gobbled up over-priced oerdeurves and drowned their insecurities in flutes of Dom Pérignon, a woman who wouldn't have looked at all out of place on Bruce Wayne's arm was moving through the dark and empty acres of Robinson Park. Even in kitten heels, her strides were long and elegant. She wore a sleek green dress and shawl, carrying in one hand an expensive clutch purse and in the other a crowbar.

At the edge of her vision, she could see the figure dawdling a step behind her.

“Keep up, sweetie.”

(OOC: If you want to join, please PM me or post in the OOC DC thread.)

Harleen Quinzel
Dec 5th, 2010, 03:26:39 PM
She wasn't dressed as pretty, but then again, Harley figured she would never really be as pretty as Ivy. No one was. What she was dressed in though, well that was nice looking enough. A pair of deep blood red slacks and a brilliant crimson satin shirt underneath a red and black diamond print vest. Overall the outfit was just feminine enough to show off every little curve of her athletic build. More to the point, it was classy. And you had to be classy around Ivy, even if you weren't going to a party.

"Beats me, Red." The blond shrugged her shoulders as she took a quick hop over a puddle and a few quick skip-like steps to catch up to Pamela, her blond hair bobbing along in the pigtails they had been pulled into.

"I think you should have gone anyway." Harley offered a smile to counter the fact that both of them knew well enough that she didn't mean a word of it. If Ivy had gone that would have left Harley alone at home and all things considered, being alone was the last thing the lithe blond girl wanted to be.

Pamela Isley
Jan 4th, 2013, 02:34:41 PM
“I don't want to go, Harley. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't want me there.”

Pamela heels clicked against the concrete path that wound its way through Robinson Park like a creeper vine, around the edge of the reservoir and past the old Johnson landfill site, which the city was half-heartedly attempting to landscape over. The resulting mess was an eye sore, a blemish on the surface of what was one of Gotham City's largest and greatest parks. Pamela shook her head and looked away; that would have to wait.

Not far ahead was the real reason that she'd come to the park: Giella Gardens. Though sweetly named, the botanical garden was nothing more than a glorified front for a private research facility operated by none other than Gotham University and Wayne Enterprises.

Wayne Enterprises. Just thinking the words made her full lips twist downwards.

“Sweetie, hold my crowbar while I get something out of my purse.”

Harleen Quinzel
Jan 6th, 2013, 12:26:40 PM
It was hard to resist the urge to snatch the crowbar out of Ivy's hand in a quick move, something in her wanting to do nothing more than as asked as quickly as possible...but again, Ivy... not... well... Him. So instead she took it almost gently as it was handed off. Harley couldn't resist a few test swings with it though. Not that she was planning on using it on anyone (even if that was only because there wasn't anyone around to use it on).

Finally the crowbar's little flight came to a rest being held in both of her hands behind her back as she rocked back and forth from toe to heel.

"So if we're not gettin' goods to crash the party, what're we doing here? I'm all for breaking n' entering, especially if it's a Wayne joint... but this place seems, well... We already got enough plants at home, Ivy."

Pamela Isley
Jan 31st, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
"Enough? Harley, darling: there's no such thing."

Though her words were fond, there was a sharp edge to Pamela's voice, like a thorn on the stem of a rose. She pulled a slip of paper from her purse, unfolding it to reveal a series of hand-written digits. A key code, the code that would get them into Giella Gardens.

"What we're doing here is freeing these poor babies from the cage Bruce Wayne has put them in."

Harleen Quinzel
Feb 20th, 2013, 07:23:36 PM
"Oh!"

It came out in an almost excited squeal. The excited part was there all right, but the squeal had been contained just enough so she didn't seem to be so amused by the plants as the whole busting up a caged thing. After all - Pammy had helped her spring her two babies not too long ago. Not that she was going to let Harley keep the hyenas at home but that was okay, they weren't locked up at the Gotham Zoo anymore. So springing some plants was the least that Harley could do in return, really.

"Well why didn't ya say so in the first place?" She grinned - already knowing the answer. The crowbar was returned to her hands and she lightly began to smack it against her palm. "Let's get to liberating!"