View Full Version : Buffy Reboot given the Go-Ahead

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:40:17 AM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29547

Without Joss Whedon. Why, Warner Bros? :ohno

Crusader
Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:12:42 AM
Money!?

Next to fear one of my favorite motivators.

Captain Untouchable
Nov 23rd, 2010, 12:19:43 PM
Lets get this straight. They're remaking Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but without the writers, creative direction, and the cast?

Yeah. Remake Buffy without everything that made it awesome. Good plan, WB.

:colbert

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:45:56 PM
I didn't read the article but isn't it that they're 'rebooting' the movie, not necessarily the TV show that was made based on the movie?

I still think its dumb. I hope it fails.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:50:57 PM
Here's an intersting quote from another article:

Charles Roven, one of the producers of “Batman Begins,” said his Atlas Entertainment signed on after he saw something special in Anderson’s tone and story.

“Generally, I wouldn’t have said, ‘Let’s revive this,’ but Whit’s take is pretty compelling and a lot of fun, and it’s interesting to see all of this reimagined. This is a completely new reboot. Tone is extremely important, and you want the audience to realize what is at stake and the peril is real, but at the same time what’s going on should be fun and inviting and keep everyone engaged. It needs to be relevant to today too, and that is what Whit has found a way to do.”

Roven added: “There is an active fan base eagerly awaiting this character’s return…While this is not your high-school Buffy, she’ll be just as witty, tough and sexy as we all remember her to be.”

Peril and fun.. the TV series had that anyway o_O

Crusader
Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:06:45 PM
Well one of our favorite shows here is basicly a reboot... BSG.
Maybe we owe this one at least a chance. Buffy will be gone for nearly a decade when this thing airs.

But if one of Joss' shows needs a reboot it is Firefly!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:09:37 PM
Well one of our favorite shows here is basicly a reboot... BSG.
Maybe we owe this one at least a chance. Buffy will be gone for nearly a decade when this thing airs.

But if one of Joss' shows needs a reboot it is Firefly!BSG was roughly 3 decades old. Buffy/offshoots finished within the last 10 years.

IMO the thread tag is extremely apt. Who knows, maybe I'll be chewing crow come release.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:12:05 PM
BSG was a reboot of inferior source material.

Buffy has already had that reboot. This new thing will be a reboot of a reboot. :cyduck

Acacius Blade
Nov 24th, 2010, 01:59:24 AM

Not a reboot - a continuation. There's clearly a lot that goes on in between the end of Firefly and the beginning of Serenity. I wanna know how River ends up in that facility. I wanna know why Book leaves the group. There's so much more to be done with that ragtag band.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2010, 02:00:44 AM
Sadly, the curse of Joss Whedon means that we will always be left hanging in any new show he makes. Especially if he casts Summer Glau or Eliza Dushku.

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 24th, 2010, 05:19:59 AM

Not a reboot - a continuation. There's clearly a lot that goes on in between the end of Firefly and the beginning of Serenity. I wanna know how River ends up in that facility. I wanna know why Book leaves the group. There's so much more to be done with that ragtag band.

There's a bunch of comics that are well worth finding that fill the story out.

Especially if he casts Summer Glau or Eliza Dushku.

Dollhouse died a well deserved death.