PDA

View Full Version : Bacta Crisis

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2010, 09:32:31 AM
Whilst this idea is still fresh in the beer-addled mind of every BN-er, let's get this story arc rolling. I forget if we discussed how it was going to start, but I figure a thread to discuss how various characters will be involved would be a good idea!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:06:23 PM
Victer was preemptively buying up large stores of Bacta due the Onderon/Hapes faction to prepare for war.

This will have ripple effects, like a demand for Kolto to increase. This would give opportunities for various intelligence communities to lay some groundwork with Manaan as an emergency substitute. Anyone interested in trade would be able to buy either or both bacta/kolto speculatively.

Captain Untouchable
Nov 9th, 2010, 01:19:39 PM
Do you wanna give a quick overview for those of us who don't have beer-addled BN brains?

The thread title is slightly self-explanatory... but are we talking a bacta shortage, or a clamp-down by a particular faction on bacta, or something else entirely?

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2010, 01:41:22 PM
I think the basic outline of the plot was that the Rebellion was beginning to experience severe bacta shortages. As Morg mentioned, this opens up opportunities to explore Manaan and reintroduce kolto as a substite. It also gives the KA a way into the Rebellion war effort, as Victer Dejan (Onderon's economic jesus) has been stockpiling bacta on behalf of the Hapes-Onderon Coalition. The KA will effectively use these resources as an olive branch to the Rebellion.

Barton will be involved, what with him being part of the Support Services. I would like to have him go along with whatever Jedi/Rebel party heads to Manaan for negotiates/bartering/however we're going to get that kolto.

Chaz de Coventina
Nov 13th, 2010, 05:56:06 PM
Eeenteresting.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:36:02 PM
I made a thread for this in thee Wheel. People come join.