PDA

View Full Version : All 33 Chilean Miners Rescued Safe and Sound!

Rutabaga
Oct 13th, 2010, 07:19:28 PM
There's been so much crappy negative stuff dominating the news cycle recently, it's been really refreshing to have something like the rescue of the Chilean miners to concentrate on over the last day. I can't remember when something of this magnitude captivated the whole world...people are comparing it to Apollo 13, and it also reminds me of when Baby Jessica fell down the well in her back yard.

All 33 miners are topside now, safe and sound in a flawless rescue that went much more quickly than they'd originally thought. Bravo! :clap :clap :clap

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_chile_mine_collapse

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 14th, 2010, 12:03:35 AM
Was very happy to hear they all made it out. :) It's nice to hear some good news about something going on in the world.

...even if the one guy was coming up topside to his wife and mistress who didn't know each other existed until they met at a candlelight vigil that was held. :uhoh

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 14th, 2010, 01:48:34 AM
I'm not a fan of rolling news, but passing by the TV at work every so often and seeing that the total number who had been rescued steadily increasing was awesome.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:25:54 PM
Saw the second one being pulled out on live TV, it was pretty exhilarating. A very amazing story, heard rumors already about the movie. ;)

Mu Satach
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:37:33 PM
Conan O'Brien's twitter feed:

All of the Chilean miners have now been rescued. Geologists say the mine is now also a rich source of “man-stank”.

Was very happy to read they all got out alive. :)

Rutabaga
Oct 14th, 2010, 06:05:45 PM
I heard there was a poll somewhere asking that, now that the mine is empty, which 33 celebrities should be sent down there so that we never need to hear about or from them again. Lindsay Lohan "won" that poll. :lol