PDA

View Full Version : The Finale Chapter.

Jason Dreggs
Sep 15th, 2010, 04:18:27 PM
Time and Date: 12:00 a.m. Oct. 5 2010

"I don't no really where to start because so much has happened. In a way it's all one big cluster fuck. It wasn't suppose to go down the way it did but one thing I have learned over the years things seldom go as planned. All I know for certain is I can't go back to Chicago anytime soon after what happened.

I just hope Charlene can forgive me one day for everything I have done. I didn't want her to become what I made her but I really had no choice. I loved her and I couldn't just let her die that night. I wish I could have gotten that across to her but that's thing with love more times than not it's one sided. You can't make the other person understand how you feel about them and again more times than not they end up hating you and resenting you for your feelings towards them.

I don't understand that why someone can hate you for caring so deeply about them. Why the moment you bare your feelings they see you as this despicable monster? They despise you for what because you cared? Because you gave dam?

Yet that's life all too often you find the one person who makes you feel good about yourself. You find that person you can see yourself with years down the line still just as happy as the day you met them. You find that person that is so intoxicating in every way. You bare your feelings tell them what they truly mean to you. You bare your soul to them and they hate you for it. Despise you for it with every ounce of there being because for some reason you don't have that right to feel that way about them. Anyone else but them and so goes the story of love.

But this isn't the story of the tragedy of love no this is the story of how I came to be on a boat in the middle of Atlantic on my way back to England. How I can never go back to Chicago. About how I sired a child that will now think I abandoned them but I didn't. I didn't have any choice in where I am headed now. I made a mess of an already fucked up situation."

Kamaria Tari
Sep 16th, 2010, 03:36:46 AM
"Silly child, your own sire abandoned you. You are what your maker made you and yet you try to deny it with every fiber."

A thick English accent came from the woman who sat across from Jason with her legs crossed. She stared at Jason with her brown dead eyes peering right through him with her cold stare. The raven haired Brujah with pale skin had no time to listen to his EMO obsession with the concept of love.

"Just like my maker made me in his image so are you made in your makers? My maker made me to understand and value a quite unseen rebellion. It would seem that art form was lost on what ever made you. As was the concept of teaching your child the true ways of the real world."

She did not pity this man before her, she saw him for the true monster he was inside. The true monster that even in the mortal frame he once possessed was probably barbaric and criminal. Too many young Brujah chose strength and aggression over wisdom and intelligence for their children in the modern era.

"Let's begin with who The Mark is shall we?"

Jason Dreggs
Sep 16th, 2010, 09:14:40 AM
He didn't like the woman's presumptions and arrogance about who he was and who made him. He didn't even know who the hell she was all he was told that someone higher up the channels of the anarchs wanted to speak to him. He didn't expect it to be some cold bitch who didn't know shit about him or the mess the anarchs had originally sent him to fix in Chicago.

Then again like everything for the past two weeks he didn't really have much of choice. His hands were tied and if some political type who wanted him to reach a diplomatic solution had questions about what happened he had no option but to indulge them. Despite his better judgment to keep his mouth shut and tell this bitch nothing he would tell her the story.

"Well that's a long story that started in Alexandria Egypt where I was first stationed. I was stationed there as an intermediate between the Setites and the Camarilla. The anarchs wanted both sides out of the picture but the Cami's had a strong footing and the Setites wouldn't leave because they believe Egypt is theirs.

The Setites settled for terrorist clock and dagger attacks on the Camarilla. The Camarilla would virtually ignore the threat but they were still focused on removing them. With this going on the Anarchs could infiltrate the city unnoticed any activities against the Camarilla could easily enough be blamed on the Setites so we where invisible and untouchable.

My roll was simple play diplomat within the Camarilla cover up all operations carried out by the Anarchs as Setite threats. While also negotiating deals on the side with the Setites to help them remove the Camarilla. I walked a very careful line without being on either side.

Yet the Camarilla screwed themselves in the end. They made a deal with hunter in the Area. The plan was to make it look like the Sabbat had infiltrated the city so that the Camarilla could force a deal with the Setites to try and remove a bigger threat.

The hunter went by the code name The Mark. They gave him funding for his special project and they gave him some dispensable young Vampires who lost their sires or whatever. In less than a year The Mark built a small army of young Vampires with knowledge of what was really going. Oddly enough it resembled the Sabbat almost exactly.

The Mark controlled his band of Vampires with a something simple called a control collar. The collar had some kind chemical compound in it we termed liquid fire. I don't know exactly how it worked but once the chemical in the collar was released into its victim it would basically cause them to internally combust.

That was the secret project the Camarilla invested in but before they knew it, it got out of control. The Mark wanted the city for himself and no one was safe with animal army he had control over. With his army he drove the Setites out of the city and then turned on the Camarilla. However he didn't count on me and the Anarchs.

As the Camarilla was get asses whooped by their own mistake we sought out all the known hunters in the area. There were not many so it didn't take us long until we found one that would reveal who The Mark was. He said his name was Dr. Salamu Yakini and that he was the understudy of one Father Barton.

Yakini told us that his teacher was The Mark and had lost his way on the path of hunting down evil. That Barton had gone mad and wanted Alexandria for himself. So with Yakini we devised a plot to bring the fake priest down. With the help of the Camarilla we gave them the location of The Marks factory.

We took down the factory but Barton had not been there. In the end Barton killed Yakini for his betrayal but was caught by the local authorities. I presumed at the time since the Camarilla was in such disarray as form of protection from retribution. Despite the fact he claimed his innocence to the bitter end the Camarilla did have enough power left to insure Mr. Barton would stay in jail until they had time to rebuild and get at him. So they would be sure where he was when they did decide to remove him.

At least that was original story but like I said nothing is as it seems. In the end with Camarilla in disarray the Setites quickly took the city and the anarchs well we helped the Camarilla so we had become the setites enemy. We pulled out of the city and never looked back. However The Mark got the last laugh because he fooled everyone two weeks ago he got his revenge."

Kamaria Tari
Oct 9th, 2010, 08:47:12 AM
"I have already heard the story of what happened in Alexandria."

Kamaria didn't care about the events that had happened in Egypt. It was old news and in her belief it was one big anarch mistake for putting someone as young as Jason in charge there.

"I know that it was one big fuck up on both yours and the anarchs parts. It doesn't matter I'm here to investigate the incident in Chicago not dig up history."

She looked around at all the gray walls of the interior of the ship they were on. Eventually she came back to looking at Jason with an almost impatient stare waiting for him to tell her the more relevant facts.

"So tell me about The Mark!"

Jason Dreggs
Oct 9th, 2010, 09:05:15 AM
"It turns out The Mark was in fact Samuel the apprentice to the priest hunter. The one I thought had died. But in fact had faked his own death and framed Father Barton."

Jason had thought for so long it was Father Barton gunning for him Chicago but it had been a man he thought was dead. Jason felt so stupid now for not seeing the truth earlier and causing his own downfall for not seeing it coming.

"Samuel came to Chicago for a few reasons from what I uncovered. One the Prince Peterson offered him chance to enact his revenge on me for ruining his plans in Egypt. Two he was after something some magic book that was supposedly in the possession of a mage in the city. Three to rebuild what he had started in Egypt.

His plan started off simple he hired so sabbot thugs to destroy one of the Anarch bars while I was there. He did it to get my attention not kill me, just to let me know he was there."

Jason smiled a bit as he thought on that bar the place where he had met Charlene for the first time. How right of the bat something about her told him they had a destiny together. Now here on that ship he realized his destiny with Charlene was to ruin her life. Turn her into a monster like him had he seen it back then he would have walked away.

"I met Charlene that night." He paused for a moment. "One of Samuels thugs must have noticed because of the act of saving her life I put it in more danger."