PDA

View Full Version : Acquisition and Supply

Anne Phoenix
Aug 29th, 2010, 05:36:48 PM
This thread will be used as a claims thread by various commanders of the Fleets to get their hands on freshly refitted, captured, or newly constructed starships from the various Shipyards. Ships not claimed overtime will be assigned to NPC Task Forces within the fleet. This will be an updated thread as new vessels are comissioned or refitted. Have at it, boys and girls. :cool:

Tempest Project Fleet Supply and Acquisition:

Name: Starfire
Class: Modified Recusant Light Destroyer
Length: 1,187 meters
Armament:
30 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
4 Proton Torpedo Launchers
100 Proton Torpedoes
6 Tractor Beam Projectors
Hangar Capacity:
6xSquadrons (72) of Starfighters
Shields: 2,773 SBD
Hull: 1,386 RU
Sublight: 30 MGLT
Hyperdrive: 1.0 Past Lightspeed

Name: Freedom's Destiny
Class: Modified Dreadnaught
Length: 600 meters
Armament:
20 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
12 Medium Turbolaser Cannons
12 Laser Cannons
6 Tractor Beam Projectors
Hangar Capacity:
1xSquadron (12) of Z-95 Headhunters
Shields: 2,560 SBD
Hull: 1,216 RU
Sublight: 13 MGLT

Name: Liberty's Fire
Class: Modified MC40a Light Cruiser
Length: 500 meters
Armament:
14 Medium Turbolaser Turrets
18 Medium Ion Cannons
2 Warhead Launchers
50 Concussion Missiles
6 Heavy Tractor Beam Projectors
Hangar Capacity:
3xSquadrons (36) of Starfighters
Shields: 1,696 SBD
Hull: 800 RU
Sublight: 60 MGLT

Rhinn Ikthoos
Aug 29th, 2010, 09:07:06 PM
If possible, I would like to have the Starfire added to the Paladin Task Group as it's new flag.

Also, if I have a request for a modification on an existing ship, can I submit it here?

Anne Phoenix
Aug 30th, 2010, 06:06:34 AM
No problem. Congratulations on your new FLAG. You can probably get your ship modified in almost any Alliance shipyard, but sure, go ahead and feel free to submit it here. ;)

Rhinn Ikthoos
Aug 30th, 2010, 10:41:01 AM
Cool. I'll post the modifications here.

Rhinn Ikthoos
Aug 30th, 2010, 05:42:50 PM
What I'm looking for is to modify three of these bulk freighters.

http://img.swcombine.com/ships/30/large.jpg

The first one I would like to have modified to have the side pontoons carry starfighter squadrons. The doors would all open and every fighter would launch at the same time.

The second one would be modified to carry torpedo tubes instead of starfighters. The doors would open up and they would shoot out in every direction.

The third would have an oversized reactor that could go supercritical at a moment's notice. The cargo bays would be full of 100 ton steel ignots and it would have scram jets. This would be a one time use freighter.

Anne Phoenix
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:01:38 PM
That should be easy enough to do.

#1: Bulk Carrier Harbinger
Length: 120 meters
Armament:
2 Laser Cannons
1 Heavy Tractor Beam Projector
Hangar Capacity:
1.5xSquadrons (18) of Starfighters
Passenger Capacity:
None
Sublight: 16 MGLT
Shield: 300 SBD
Hull: 144 RU

Mod Descriptions: Each Container has been modified to hold nine starfigthers and their associated crews and mantinence equipment. There are doors on the bows and sterns of the containers for launch and recovery of the starfighters. If something short and squat like the A-wing is embarked, then two full squadrons of twenty four starfighters could be accomodated. In addition, a minimum of armament, upgraded shields, and refitted hyperdrive has also been added.

-------------------------------------------------

#2: Assault Freighter Liberty's Volley
Armament:
32 Proton Torpedo Launchers
96 Proton Torpedoes (1 in, 2 reloads)
Hangar Capacity:
None
Troop Capacity:
None
Shields: 200 SBD
Sublight: 18 MGLT

Modification Description: Each door has eight torpedo tubes with twenty four proton torpedoes. Sensors and targeting are in the central part of the ship. Everything else has been left to standard spec.

--------------------------------------------------------

#3: Doom Freighter Supernova
Armament:
4 tons of Baradium
100 100-ton Durasteel Ingots
Hangar Capacity:
None
Troop Capacity:
None
Sublight: 18 MGLT
Shields: 200 SBD

Modification Description: Reactor has been modified so that all cooling systems can be disabled while maximum usage is ramped up, resulting in critical phase in a short amount of time. Cargo holds are each filled with 1 ton of Baradium and 25x100 ton Durasteel Ingots. The Baradium has been added as an extra accelerant since civilian small freighter class reactors may not achieve the desired propellant yield due to their non-military standard power output. Everything else is unchanged.

Rhinn Ikthoos
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:43:19 PM
Yay! Gift wrapped presents for the next mission.

Anne Phoenix
Jan 26th, 2011, 08:00:42 AM
Brand new design from Tempest Engineering Works (TEW). Actual ships will be slow in coming, although three vessels are being worked on as of right now.

Vindertan (Vin-Dur-tan) class Dreadnought

Length: 1000 meters
Width: 500 meters
Height: 500 meters

Crew: 800

Consumables: 1 Year

Cargo Capacity: 1,000 metric tons

Armament:
100 Medium Turbolaser Batteries
50 Medium Turbolaser Cannons
100 Concussion Missile Launchers
20 Tractor Beam Projectors

Troop/Passenger Capacity: 100

Shield Strength: 5,000 SBD

Hull Strength: 3,000 RU

Speed: 10 MGLT

The Vindertan class Dreadnought is the Alliance's answer to the need for a strong battleship capable of punching holes in Imperial fleets, blockades, and planetery defenses in the ongoing struggle to liberate the Galaxy from the hands of Imperial oppression. The dreadnought comes in the form of a egg-like oval, similar in profile to the Ssi-Ruuk ships, but not as wide, and longer. The immense space inside of the ship is dedicated to two reactor cores, one dedicated to ship power, propulsion, and armaments, while the second is dedicated to shields and reserve power as needed. Apart from that, cargo space is mainly dedicated to missile bays for the external concussion missile launchers, and the weapons and starfighters embarked onboard the vessel.

Much of the dreadnought is automated, reducing the amount of crew needed to operate the ship. The armaments are divided along the length of the ship, with no single concentration of weapons at any one point, but the dreadnought can bring up to half its turbolasers and all of its missiles to bear against any one single target. The dreadnought carries a total of eight hundred concussion missiles for its launchers.

The dreadnought chooses protection and weapons over speed for its virtues, and has a slow forward speed, meaning the dreadnought would have a very difficult time from escaping a situation that it can't win from.

Rhinn Ikthoos
Feb 26th, 2011, 07:04:02 PM
If no one has asked for the other two ships (Freedom's Destiny, Liberty's Fire), I'll be greedy and ask for them. I think I might need them as Sullust.