PDA

View Full Version : Leisure

Constantia Visputin
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:02:43 PM
The gods knew how much Constantia needed some time for herself; to escape her everyday duties as minister of the Empire, she scheduled a spa treatment at the renowned Floating Health Spa (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Floating_health_spa) of Bespin. In discretion, the facility would provide beauty and health treatments that would restore her energy and revitalize body and spirit before the minister returned to the turmoil of galactic politics. Constant travel and lack of sleep had drained her of life completely; it was with great excitement that she awaited this evening when all problems were to be forgotten, albeit for a few hours...

Laying idly on a massage table with face down, Visputin relaxed completely. Strong hands kneaded against pale skin, working up her calves. The pain was bearable, dampened by steam encompassing the entirety of the chamber. Pallid light of candles barely percolated through the fog and the sound of dripping water calmed the senses. Constantia pulled the towel up a bit, merely to make way for masseuse's hands. She folded her arms and rested her chin on the back of her hands, casually eyeing the electronic clock that was discreetly hung on the wall. It was almost eight. The admiral would be there soon, yet enough time was left for her to gather her arguments. She had never done business this way before...

Travis North
Aug 18th, 2010, 11:43:57 AM
Not once had Travis taken the opportunity while on Bespin to fly through the clouds in an airspeeder, and in a Talon I no less. There was something to be said about darting in and about the planets cloudy sky that went on forever.

When he eventually landed at the floating spa he was positive that he'd not been followed and that anyone crazy enough to make that attempt would be lost for hours. All in all by the time he'd changed into a more appropriate attire for the locale it was already five past eight. He followed one of the staff to the platforms main deck and took a seat in one of the various empty loungers to relax from the flight.

Though he'd never met the Minister of Commerce before, it seemed appropriate that he'd conduct this backroom deal on one of the most isolated places on the planet. Not even Baroness Tagge, or Moff Rübezahl knew what he was planning for the Sector and it all hinged on what the Minister could do.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Constantia Visputin
Aug 18th, 2010, 12:03:13 PM
With a satisfied grin, Constantia pulled a black silken robe over her voluptuous frame, folded it over her mid-section and secured with a firmly tied knot. Glancing into the mirror of the spa's wardrobe, she readjusted the loose bun atop her head and applied just a dash of blush to her porcelain cheeks.

A maze of corridors lead her to the designated lounge where the meeting was arranged; she found the Admiral comfortably seated on a black leather club sofa.
"Admiral..." the redhead greeted upon approaching, extending out a hand - "Constantia Visputin, Minister of Commerce."
Sitting into an armchair opposite of him, Visputin crossed her legs and leaned back, gracing the Admiral with a cryptic smile.
"Thank you for finding time to meet with me." she said, just before an employee of the spa stepped forth to take their orders. Constantia looked up, pressing an idle finger against her plump lower lip before deciding - "Manellan Jasper tea, please. You, Admiral?"

Travis North
Aug 18th, 2010, 12:40:57 PM
"A simple glass of ice water will do fine," Travis said giving a nod to the server who quickly turned and left to fill out the order.

He offered a quiet smile to lady across from him as he gathered his words, "Madamn Visputin, it is I who should be thanking you. There are a number of things which I hope we will have time to discuss. But first, what is that I may be of service to you for? You are already quite a powerful woman with your position as Minister which has me wondering what service I as an Admiral of the Navy could possibly provide."
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Constantia Visputin
Aug 18th, 2010, 12:58:24 PM
Clearly, the Admiral did not waste time; navy men simply got down to business, as there was no needless chattery. A welcome change from the usual, seemingly endless squabbles between politicians, Visputin remarked internally.

"Are you familiar with Captain Rolth Wygraant? He serves as Captain of ISD Decimator." the redhead asserted, fingers intertwining before her now austere face - "He's also my husband."
Constantia let a few idle moments pass before continuing, her emerald eyes locked on the Admiral.

"Apparently, he's rather dissatisfied with the current post of his ship. He thinks it lacks action and that his talents would be better used elsewhere, like crushing the Rebel Alliance. Also, he'd like his very own squadron of starfighters." she stated, allowing for her features to soften a notch.
"And I am a good wife, Admiral North. I like to see my husband happy - when he is happy, so am I."

Travis North
Aug 18th, 2010, 01:27:08 PM
"Hmmm, it's a bit of stretch taking on another Destroyer into the fleet. However, I think I could most certainly swap one ship for another. I know a certain Captain who wouldn't mind getting the hell out of this sector for something low key, so that isn't an issue."

Travis paused as the server returned carrying their beverages. Glass in hand he took a sip of the cool and refreshing ice water and savored the chilling presence in his mouth, it sure beat the dry air at this level. He set the glass aside resting it on a small stand beside the sofa before continuing.

"As for finding Captain Wygraant some action, I've been planning to strike a suspected Rebel outpost in the Ivax Nebula. This mission has been kept quite since we're still establishing our presence in the Ison Corridor, but if your man is eager to get into the fight, as you say he is, he'll be more than capable of launching this offensive before the Rebels move to disrupt our operations in the Corridor. This business regarding a starfighter squadron will have to be conducted between myself and the Captain personally though, it's not exactly something I can have done without working with him in my sector. Needless to say it should happen."<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Constantia Visputin
Aug 18th, 2010, 11:12:38 PM
The minister popped a cube of sugar into her tea, carefully stirring to let it dissolve as she listened to Admiral's words with genuine interest. The way he presented the entire matter, it was all too simple; he would just switch a few flight schedules around and Wygraant would get his much desired skirmish with the Rebels. A part of her wondered what North would ask in return.

"Since the issue is so delicate, I'd strongly prefer if my husband never knew of this arrangement. If only you could orchestrate it somehow...so that he feels he deserved it?" the redhead pleaded, bringing the cup to her lips. She sucked in a few drops of sizzling hot liquid, it's potent aroma evaporating to tease her senses.
"He must never find out I had anything to do with this. Do you understand, Admiral North?"

Travis North
Aug 19th, 2010, 12:06:17 AM
"Minister, I personally guarantee your husband will know only what I ask of him and nothing else. You are dealing with the Empire's navy now, not its politicians - I assure you that your trust will not be betrayed." Travis said plainly. "In return for this honor, shall we say, I ask that you simply make a few new headings and transcribe a number of digits just to ensure your husband's future in the Navy, think of it as an investment plan."

Travis had another cool drink of water. It was now deal or no deal.

"So, are you willing to make this investment for Captain Rolth Wygraant, courageous hero of the Ivax campaign?"
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Constantia Visputin
Aug 20th, 2010, 04:49:19 PM
Veritably, it was an investment plan into their future together. If something would not knock Wygraant out of this emotional torpor he was stuck in, Constantia would simply stop trying and leave. Something she did not want to but would be forced to do, as his aloofness would cost her sanity.

"You announce it so pompously...yet you know who I am and what I stand for. Do you think I am proud of this?" she quizzed in idle rhetoric, shaking her head in self-disdain. A prime fighter against corruption buying rank in the Imperial Navy. How did it comes to this, where have her principles dissolved? Indeed, she loved Rolth very much.

"Name your price, Admiral...and you will receive compensation." the redhead voiced lowly, looking away to flick a tear out of her left eye - "I will need to know what you spend the money on though, so I can erase its course from the official statistics accordingly."

Travis North
Aug 21st, 2010, 12:59:10 AM
"Not a problem, you'll have all the proper documentation required before you head off world. I expect you'll handle this matter with care, as I will be to ensure your husband never learns his transfer was your gift. Should any problem arise regarding this business though please notify me immediately and I will deal with it." Travis said. "Now, is there anything else?"

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Constantia Visputin
Aug 21st, 2010, 12:58:24 PM
"I don't think you understood, Admiral." said the minister and leaned in, emerald eyes narrowing and full lips pursing - "I need to know to what use the amount I grant would be put into. Before I agree on the deal."

A few idle moments passed as Constantia drank her tea, carefully sipping the hot beverage not to burn her tongue. In that time, she just eyed North, studying the masculine, angular features of his stoic face. Nothing was to be deciphered from his expression, no emotion, no intent. Clearly, this man was used to getting what he wanted easily enough. Visputin knew better.

"Exact specifications for first and last credit spent. Ministry of Finance is not a charity institution, Admiral. Nor is the office of the minister of Commerce a toy store. Present me with a good project now and the Empire will fund it, I assure you." stated the redhead, resolve almost as firm as his. She too could play this game if the North so desired.

Travis North
Aug 21st, 2010, 01:31:45 PM
Travis laughed. "Very well, I'll share with you my plans, but having this knowledge will expose you to an even greater degree of personal danger within the realm of politics."

He'd expected some resistance from the Minister, but to demand full disclosure, it was something he'd hoped on avoiding. His plans would be getting underway, but this would expose them to a certain weakness until they reached completion.

"There will be no turning back after this." Travis said with a dark hint of malice. "Are you sure this is the course you wish to undertake?"

He locked eyes with Constantia, giving her a moment to think.