Daria Nytherciria
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:56:43 AM
Team Two -
Jedi - Dropped off before Layla goes on to place Team Three
Solomon
Abarai Loki
Daria N.
Anbira Hicchoru

Team Two (Jedi): Hit Inq secret maglift train in Under City, rescuing Serena. Enemy = Inquisitors and Stormtroopers. When train is stopped, exit and make good their escape to the surface where

Alright you Jedi ninjas, let's do this.

Although we are all posting in Team 3's thread to provide some introduction for how we get to the Under City, we can probably go ahead and start out own part of the mission now. Presumably we have to work our way through the Under City to the maglev train. Does anyone have any ideas how we could make this as fun as possible? :)

STARTING POINT - Depart Layla in the UNDER CITY of CORUSCANT
MIDDLE - locate access to secret Imperial maglev train, board train once TEAM ONE has destroyed power generator, defeat Inquisitors ?????
FINISHING POINT - Board the Layla, with newly rescued Serena

(Anyone who hasn't yet expressed an interest in joining this team is still welcome to do so.)

Jason Na'moda
Aug 4th, 2010, 11:44:36 AM
*waves hand in the air*
Pick me! Pick Me!

Morgan Evanar
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:15:59 PM
Given the number of people on T2 I will be joining T3.

Charley
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:52:13 PM
Would it make sense to insert here via the black cat shuttle rather than layla? I can have cirr pilot it or anyone else if you'd rather

Charley
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:53:14 PM
Also y'all team two folks feel free to post in the three thread too since that's your way in

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 4th, 2010, 01:07:05 PM
Sure, we could go in the black cat :)

Lowrook
Aug 4th, 2010, 01:38:41 PM
I'm in. I can disguise myself as a big rug.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 4th, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
Someone can wear you as a fur coat ;)

Rev Solomon
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:02:49 PM
Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

We need a way to board the train. That means securing some kind of transport that can travel through the Undercity - either a speeder of some sort that can fly low over the train or a smaller train that can overtake the armored train on parallel tracks. Either works, but I kind of like the idea of hijacking another train, then using the Force to switch the tracks so we're on the same route as the INQ.

Then we can hop across the gap while we're being attacked by Imperial gunships ourselves...

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:05:40 PM
I like that. Or one of those little service car things might be neat too. Either sounds good

Rev Solomon
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:24:27 PM
What, you mean one of these? ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:24:54 PM
Anbira and Lowrook, you guys can man the wagon :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:37:17 PM
What, you mean one of these? ;)

LOL the picture that put in my mind of Anbira and Lowrook pumping that up and down, robes flapping in the wind while Loki and Daria are stretching to try to grab the other train as they slowly catch up... :lol!!!

Rev Solomon
Aug 4th, 2010, 02:47:38 PM
Okay, so on a more serious note, let's visualize this train...

Jenny and I agree the size of a real train would be prohibitive for sweet acrobatic action, so we're thinking bigger. The train will be about the width of a two-lane road, large enough to haul equipment like AT-STs, TIE fighters, and turbolaser towers. This one probably has anti-vehicle and anti-personnel weapons mounts, in addition to troop cars, munition cars, at least one prison car, and some kind of cushy accommodations for the Inquisitoriate VIPs. Some cars may have two stories, like a guard tower for extra visibility.

Here's a rough idea for a gameplan:

1. We switch the tracks ahead of the train to force it onto a different route - one that's less secure, possibly more enclosed so we take away their air support.

2. We run our support car into the back of the train and fight our way all the way to the front, picking up Serena on the way and cutting train cars loose as we pass so they can't shoot us in the back.

3. Once we reach the front of the train, we hijack the locomotive and separate it from the rest of the train in time for the Layla to swoop down and pick us up. Expect to be close to the end of the line by that point with a suicidal drop looming.

But wait, you cry, do maglevs even have locomotives? Probably not, but the controls for the train have to be somewhere, and if we take that, it's much more difficult for the INQ to follow us.

That sound good? Any amendments to be made?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:00:17 PM
Sounds good to me. I need Karl to comment though so I know what he and Serena will be doing. If he's even going to be there O_o

And are you guys going to take Naomi along?

Jason Na'moda
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:32:05 PM
This
Sounds
Awesome

Also I dibs the fur coat, it looks comfy. It'll also soak up some blaster fire while we skedaddle

There'll probs be some speeder action anyway tho, right? I'm thinking bouncing from attack speeder to attack speeder, lopping heads off the pilots

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:38:28 PM
It would be prophetic to return to Coruscant. I suppose my last memory of it shall have to be cast aside for the greater good.

I shall go.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:39:15 PM
That sounds very un-Jedi-like. :colbert

Speeders are in team three, so if that's what you want maybe you should go with them. ;)

Jason Na'moda
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:46:46 PM
Screw that. This one's more awesome :P

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:47:08 PM
I think we can make the train tunnel rather cavernous. Think the equipment train from the Malevolence. That sort of big

Sol Iman
Aug 4th, 2010, 04:03:28 PM
We're actually not in a tunnel - we're in the Undercity (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421214029/starwars/images/c/c2/Underworld.jpg), the lower levels of Coruscant. There may be places where we pass underneath buildings and through cavernous tunnels like you describe, but there will still be streets and buildings all around. I'm thinking of routing the train on some disused sections of track through really bad parts of town - ruined buildings, junk fires, concrete slugs, mutant gangs... The way we're going, it'll be much harder for the Imperial gunships to follow.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2010, 04:20:27 PM
That sounds very un-Jedi-like. :colbert

Speeders are in team three, so if that's what you want maybe you should go with them. ;)

My last memory was a perfect day with my mother and learning of my sister. To be lost in the past and not thinking of the present is un-Jedi like. It is why I go.

Karl Valten
Aug 4th, 2010, 07:23:54 PM
Holly, I am definitely available for scheming on this. Hit me up via AIM or PM and we can go over it.

Speaking with Jen on the matter of bringing Naomi in. One or two questions I have about the op yet before committing her. If she goes, she'd be dropping in with team 2.......which would be interesting.

Droo
Aug 4th, 2010, 11:31:35 PM
I'm going to switch to team three. Someone needs to keep an eye on Corell. :colbert

Lowrook
Aug 5th, 2010, 10:13:46 AM

Is that an offer? Yes, that is my lightsaber digging into your hip!

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2010, 03:05:41 PM
headache. laying down. will post when I can. to this :zzz

Jason Na'moda
Aug 6th, 2010, 05:03:48 AM
I posted in the wrong sign up thread >.< CONTINUOUSLY
Sorry, guys I'mma run off to join the group I posted in to join

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:18:38 PM

Is that an offer? Yes, that is my lightsaber digging into your hip!

ahem :twak

Drin Kizael
Aug 6th, 2010, 03:33:48 PM
At this point is there any room left in here for anything? I've been staying out of it because I assumed there'd be scrambling for every last spot, so I figured I'd just stay out of the way.

If you need anything and I wouldn't just be making the thread too crowded, PM me and I'll be there.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 6th, 2010, 03:41:53 PM
I think you'd be Jedi #5 Drin, so why not join the party?

Drin Kizael
Aug 6th, 2010, 04:23:11 PM
Just tell me when and where. The planning on this looks like it's in so many different places, I don't know where to start. :) PM is best.

Serena Laran
Aug 6th, 2010, 04:28:44 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=346609#post346609 thread started

Jason Na'moda
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:42:54 AM
no, scratch that, I will be coming with you guys! >.<

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:13:55 AM
So far team 2 is

Daria
Solomon
Anbira
Lowrook
Navaria
Tionne (when she returns)
Jason

Sanis Prent
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:28:59 AM
Jason so help me, if you don't stop switching teams you're gonna stay on Layla with Cirr and not be on any teams, and you won't get to go out for ice cream with the others when we're done! :mad

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:53:39 AM
Don't make me cut you in half and send one half of you along with either team!

Droo
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:28:09 AM
Looks like he wants to play for both teams! :uhoh

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 7th, 2010, 02:40:29 PM
BTW we have agreed to divide into two parties within this thread... but I don't remember exactly what each party was going to be doing.

Help, Solomon?

Drin Kizael
Aug 7th, 2010, 04:54:33 PM
So far team 2 is

Daria
Solomon
Anbira
Lowrook
Navaria
Tionne (when she returns)
Jason

Err, never mind then I guess. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 7th, 2010, 05:05:53 PM
I'm sure you're still welcome to join in. Just post! :mneh

Droo
Aug 7th, 2010, 05:57:33 PM
Drin, you don't need an engraved invitation, old boy, just get on with it!

Rev Solomon
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:03:51 PM
BTW we have agreed to divide into two parties within this thread... but I don't remember exactly what each party was going to be doing.

Help, Solomon?

Only reason we were splitting the party was because someone needs to divert the train while someone else hijacks the maintenance car we're using to pursue the train.

If Team A is hijacking the maintenance car, I expect Team B can join them before they hit the train.

But I don't want this to complicate things or delay the action. Heck, we could even dispense with splitting up and just have somebody say, "Command's just confirmed, they've rerouted the tracks."

Tionne Thanewulf
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:05:06 PM
I can haz Inquisitor? :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2010, 10:37:00 PM
PLOT UPDATE:

The train shall be diverted (the diversion set anyway) at this point in the RP, and as the train goes by everyone shall hop on and go from there. No need to split up!

This was decided by me and Charley. ;) Less confusion all around I think, with this plan.

Karl Valten
Aug 11th, 2010, 06:40:07 AM
Misconception in the thread:

The Inquisition does not use stormtroopers, they have their own trained troops. INQ soldiers may wear stormtrooper (another misconception here, but that's another can of worms) armor that's been painted black, but they are more spec ops trained and equipped.

Most gear is modified for close-quarters fights: carbines and rifles modified for faster rate of fire and more stopping power up close, shotguns, grenades, shield gauntlets.

Each has been through mental screening and conditioning to help resist force suggestion. They aren't a match for Jedi one-on-one, but they definitely aren't pushovers (technically neither are stormtroopers) and they know how to deal with force-users.

Rev Solomon
Aug 11th, 2010, 07:22:58 AM
For simplicity, what do we call these personnel? INQ troopers?

(EDIT) Or INQ soldiers as you said up there, whoops. :p

Taataani Meorrrei
Aug 11th, 2010, 08:35:16 AM
Would they still not have regular stormies on low priority detail though? I thought that was the idea here, a gradient of difficulties

Karl Valten
Aug 11th, 2010, 07:36:24 PM
Not really, Stormtrooper Corp and Navy don't like dealing with the INQ if need be. Imperial Army and Inquisition aren't on bad terms, though.

Some of the guards could be army regulars on loan or in the middle of their training/testing to be admitted to the enlisted Inquisition. Of course the newbies in the INQ itself would be the ones stuck on the low-priority work as well.

Edit: Tionne would you like first dibs on the poor schmucks?

Tionne Thanewulf
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
Yes, please. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2010, 06:59:34 PM
Ok ... reading this through a bit more and I know things progressed but.... any better way of inserting myself back into the story proper?

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:59:02 PM
What do you mean, any better way? You're right properly inserted! (that's what she said!)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2010, 08:05:34 PM
Don't talk about my sister like that ... :(

Sanis Prent
Aug 12th, 2010, 08:12:46 PM
Yeah, that's my job! :smokin

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2010, 01:10:07 PM
What he's trying to say, Dani, is that Navaria and Jason are waiting just up the track for the train to be diverted towards them.

At least, that's my understanding of the plan. It hasn't been NPCed or RPed that you are there, but you should be there. Anbira just called Navaria up to let her know that the train was going to be showing up soon.

Akasha Khan
Aug 13th, 2010, 02:41:55 PM
Well, the only reason we were talking about splitting up in the first place was so one team could change the tracks ahead of the train while the other caught up with the train from behind... so Navaria's team could have stormed into a control station to change the tracks and are now ready to drop onto the train from a bridge or something awesome like that. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2010, 03:30:51 PM
Yeah but it was said that the place to divert the tracks is in that station with the four troopers.

So.

Rev Solomon
Aug 13th, 2010, 06:00:33 PM
So it was! Please ignore Akasha, who doesn't read posts thoroughly and probably smells of tuna treats. :)

I managed to get completely mixed up about the tasks of each team. Team Anbira/Solomon/Lowrook/Naomi are changing the tracks at the platform Anbira pointed out and will then wait for the train to pass before commandeering a maintenance car to go chase them down and board from the back.

Team Navaria/Jason/I've forgotten who all is coming with us will be boarding the train elsewhere. I'm still voting for dropping onto the roof from a bridge. :)

This may be clear to everyone else, but I'm just making sure it's clear to me.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 13th, 2010, 06:36:59 PM
dropping off of a roof onto a bridge seems.... spectacular.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:28:27 PM
I am not sure what I am supposed to post at this point :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:48:50 PM
Well, Tionne was supposed to post and take out those troopers at the platform with Naomi.

Tionne Thanewulf
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:49:28 PM
Where? Just point me, please, I'm confused.

Karl Valten
Aug 14th, 2010, 05:08:03 PM
You get to kill people.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 22nd, 2010, 01:41:45 PM
Not that this has been an issue up til now, but feel free to NPC Daria as necessary.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 25th, 2010, 09:03:06 PM
Karl & Lawrook, hustle up and post!

Karl Valten
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:29:28 AM
Moving out of here in 2 days, had to do cleaning and packing. Will post this evening after work.

Serena Laran
Sep 14th, 2010, 01:58:05 AM
Did some GMing, hope no one minds. The Seekers are a bit harder to kill than you guys made them seem, at least that was my impression of them.

Anyway, peoples need to post, most importantly Navaria and Daria! :D

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:07:58 PM
I don't know about Dani but..

Not that this has been an issue up til now, but feel free to NPC Daria as necessary.

I haven't been taking part in this thread for a while :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:23:37 PM
Does that mean you don't WANT to, or you just haven't been?

:(

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:35:30 PM
All of the above.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:39:10 PM
*sigh*

Well I guess I'll stop expecting you to jump back in as Daria. Maybe we should NPC her out of the thread then.

Brax Osyrus
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:45:32 PM
Is anyone against an Empress' Hand showing up late in the game to help out the Inquisitors?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:44:51 PM
I think another player joining at this point would just make things confusing, but maybe that's just me. ^_^;

Brax Osyrus
Sep 27th, 2010, 10:14:16 AM
That's cool.

Karl Valten
Sep 28th, 2010, 06:15:51 PM
Hey all, sorry about the abscence. You can expect posts from my characters either tomorrow or Thursday. Sorry to hold everyone up.

Sanis Prent
Sep 28th, 2010, 06:20:05 PM
Hey all, sorry about the abscence. You can expect posts from my characters either tomorrow or Thursday. Sorry to hold everyone up.

I expect Brewster to have a winning season before I see that! ;)

Karl Valten
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:54:51 PM

You, sir, are an asshole.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Sep 28th, 2010, 11:02:42 PM

You, sir, are an asshole.

I don't ever get to talk shit about football here so I run with every opportunity.

Jason Na'moda
Oct 23rd, 2010, 07:25:01 AM
We doing this still then?