PDA

View Full Version : New Feature!!!

TheHolo.Net
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:01:32 AM
This one is for the Role Players/Collaborative Fiction writers:

A request was recently made of me to add a feature that is available on other vBulletin boards. That request has been granted and the feature added/integrated into our forums, portal, and gallery (sort of works in the wiki too).

<b>Quick Account Switching </b>

To get started using this new feature, check out the main page of your User CP. In the center section near the bottom, there is an area where you can Link multiple User Accounts by inputting the username and password for said linked accounts. Once you have multiple accounts Linked, you can switch between them on nearly any SW-Fans.Net page by using the new drop down menu available to users with Linked accounts, located in the right most section above the top Navbar. The opposite end from your main User CP link.

Let me know of any feedback and or issues regarding this new feature and I'll try to resolve as possible.

One thing I see missing, which I do not have the time to add is the fact that the current styleset in use does not change to whatever you have set as the switched to user's default styleset, and instead remains as whatever style you are currently using.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
Ogre...

I think I love you. <3 *goes to try this out!*

Ogre
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:05:04 AM
You can even switch accounts from within the Reply or New Thread pages!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:05:20 AM
I love it. I love you.

I love everyone!

Seriously, this is the best feature. Thank you for implementing it!

Droo
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:07:10 AM
What a brilliant idea! Love it! :D

Captain Untouchable
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:08:27 AM
You can even switch accounts from within the Reply or New Thread pages!

That is whole new universes of awesome.

You the (green) man. :smokin

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2010, 11:34:35 AM
He was always the man.

..er, ogre.

Man-ogre.

And pretty fly for a pale guy ;)

Blade Bacquin
Jul 19th, 2010, 11:46:26 AM
Total awesomeness. Thanks again big green.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 20th, 2010, 12:38:50 PM
Just noticed something -

If you ever manually select a style sheet, vBulletin seems to "remember" that selection, until you log out. Because you don't actually log out in order to switch accounts with the switcher, it doesn't dump that memory.

Not remotely a problem - if it happens, you can just log out and fix it, and what not. It just had me going "Huh?" for a while! :lol

Darth Gravis
Jul 20th, 2010, 02:03:02 PM
Very nice addition

Lykaios
Jul 21st, 2010, 08:20:50 PM
Nice! This just put you in a new level of awesomeness Ogre!