PDA

View Full Version : 19 Facts You May Not Have Known About Star Wars? Yeah, Right.

Rutabaga
Jul 17th, 2010, 12:50:48 PM
I clicked on the link to this article that was featured on another website, thinking that maybe it would be something interesting. Turns out almost none of it was new information (at least not new to me ;)), and there's a really dumb typo in the graphic. :mischief

Read, if you dare!

http://www.asylum.com/2010/07/13/19-facts-you-may-not-have-known-about-george-lucas-star-wars-universe/

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2010, 12:53:15 PM
I didn't know that Mark Hamill had been in a car-crash between shoots. As bad as it sounds, it kinda works for making Luke look less innocent.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 17th, 2010, 01:29:29 PM
I did not know that "Indiana" was George Lucas' dog. But that's more of a "19 Facts You May Not Have Known About Indiana Jones". :uhoh

And Christopher Walken as Han Solo? That would be a sight to behold. :ohno

Eragon_Dushall
Jul 17th, 2010, 01:31:28 PM
Airplane parts and panty hose... wow that's amazing!

Darth Gravis
Jul 17th, 2010, 03:03:45 PM
I did not know the majority of that stuff >.>

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2010, 03:18:52 PM
We can tell you the precise specifications of an Imperial starship, but not the name of George Lucas' dog. We are terrible nerds.

Rutabaga
Jul 17th, 2010, 04:28:35 PM
Wow, the whole thing about the dog was really well-known in the Lucasfilm world, I thought. That's why there was the line "We named THE DOG Indiana" in The Last Crusade. :lol :lol :lol

The only thing I didn't really know was the origin of the name "Ewok." I guess this means I'm an ever bigger geek than I thought. Do I win a major award or something? :cool

Yog
Jul 18th, 2010, 12:52:09 PM
The only thing I didn't really know was the origin of the name "Ewok." I guess this means I'm an ever bigger geek than I thought. Do I win a major award or something? :cool
Same here. The only thing I did not know was about the Miwok's. Maybe we could share a prize for geekness. :p

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jul 18th, 2010, 01:09:15 PM
I knew about half of it. :mneh

But now I can say I know all of it!

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:01:32 PM
I thought Mark Hamill had a motorcycle accident between at the beginning filming of ESB, (not a car accident) so they threw in the Wampa scene to give Luke an IC reason for his face to be scarred. Not really sure how that would have effected reshoots as one movie was already complete and released...

Dai
Jul 28th, 2010, 07:32:37 PM
Al Pacino or Christopher Walken as Han Solo...The possibilities...

Drin Kizael
Aug 9th, 2010, 05:46:08 PM
I could see Kurt Russell in the part. I didn't know about any of the other auditions for those characters. Didn't know about the Ewoks. And knowing that now makes me shrug. They were still lame. Easily half of that list has to be "common" knowledge to most fans.