PDA

View Full Version : Me = Tony Stark?

Gallus Tagge
Jul 17th, 2010, 07:06:49 AM
Yeah.. so I was wondering if I could pitch this character as a kind of Tony Stark of the SW world. TaggeCo (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taggeco) has such a wealth of businesses that the comparison between them and Stark Industries wouldn't be too far a stretch to make. If that's the case, I was wondering who I would go about speaking to, to get involved IC in some research and development stuff.

:)

Captain Untouchable
Jul 17th, 2010, 08:04:10 AM
Elias Akasha was one of these (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060108080804/starwars/images/b/b6/SpaceTrooper2.jpg) at one point. Might look kinda sexy in red and gold. ;)

I like the idea of a Tony Stark / Bruce Wayne sort of character. We've got a ton of secret, sneaky stuff going on, but it'd be interesting to show some public stuff too. Tony Stark is a great example, given all of the military contracts he has, creating those gizmos for the army and air force in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

Gallus could potentially use his new social status to absorb / buy out / hostile takeover some of the smaller companies as well. For example, when Xander Tur'enne was rescued from Corellia by the Rebels, he was under house arrest at a small weapons development company, working on a secret military contract.

Also, since the Corporate Sector is getting taken over by the Independents (at the behest of logic, geography, and the Cizeracks), Gallus could exploit the "headlessness" of businesses to build his monopoly. And perhaps it'd give him an opportunity to interact with some of the Black Sun characters, in a legitimate business capacity?

Jakys Sei'trem
Jul 17th, 2010, 08:35:34 AM
Mr. Tagge, the Inquisition has great interest in experimental technologies. We would be more than willing to go to an agreement regarding facilities. As a bonus it would also severely spite you sister to be working with us..............wait I didn't say that. :rolleyes

In all seriousness, though, the INQ does take part in the odd bits of research. Don't know how well it would tie in to the Tony Stark aspect.

On the hand my fleet character is a R&D liaison for the Imperial Navy. IC he might have a strong interest in what Gallus has to offer and could kinda be a Brody equivalent. :lol

Gallus Tagge
Jul 17th, 2010, 08:48:49 AM
Let's do business, my pointy headed friend :D

Mostly I am just looking for something to do with this character, to be honest. Most of his holidings are in the CSA, so that could provide a little bit of conflict.

Lúka Jibral
Jul 17th, 2010, 09:03:31 AM
Expanding on our discussion last night, Karl; and continuing to rip off the Marvel / DC references -

The Inquisitoriate's research is kinda covert and secretive, like the supersoldier program that spawned Captain America, the Hulk, and the Abomination in the current Marvel movies continuity. That's run entirely by the military, and is completely secret and behind the scenes.

TaggeCo's research and development meanwhile is very much more in the public domain. He's more likely to showcase his latest inventions at TaggeExpo, or with big fancy showing off dealios in some remote desert; demonstrating his latest missile system to the Admirals on Tatooine, or whatever. Stark Industries built missiles and guns; they also provided all of the super-advanced tech used to try and capture the Hulk. So, TaggeCo R&D would create things that are placed into the hands of the rank and file soldiers; so as you suggest, it makes sense for your fleet guy to laise with him, as a Colonel Rhodes type liason person guy.

I think that kind of duality would be a really interesting thing to portray: it's a new facet to the political side of things, and has the potential to touch on all sorts of other stuff as well, in terms of testing and implementing everything. And discovering the existance of "not quite finished" superships, too

It's politics, but with awesome gadgets thrown in. :mischief

Sanya Tagge
Jul 17th, 2010, 11:46:56 AM
Just so long as you don't let Gallus call himself Mr. Fantastic... I like the sound of this :)

Atton Kira
Jul 17th, 2010, 12:28:32 PM
I know a lady at Black Sun who could make him a Human Torch for a very reasonable fee...

:mischief

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 17th, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
Sanya I do love the new title and dear husband, I love how your mind works and how you're expanding your influence :)

Kalail Rotas
Jul 17th, 2010, 03:40:50 PM
I know a lady at Black Sun who could make him a Human Torch for a very reasonable fee...

Someone mention ... torch? >D

Atton Kira
Jul 17th, 2010, 04:38:09 PM
Why yes; there's exactly the gorgeous young pyromaniac that I had in mind. >D

Kalail Rotas
Jul 17th, 2010, 05:43:07 PM
:: lights a match and takes a puff ::

Now

:: and blows out a steady stream of white smoke ::

Who wants to be the Human Torch?

Atton Kira
Jul 17th, 2010, 06:03:24 PM
I'm afraid I already have a reputation with the ladies as both a Colossus and a Juggernaut; I don't think it would be fair to appropriate any more hero names for myself. :mischief

That Devaronian guy might look good if his horns were aflame, though. >D

Jakys Sei'trem
Jul 17th, 2010, 07:31:00 PM
-rubs horns-

But I just polished them. :(

Lúka Jibral
Jul 17th, 2010, 07:43:00 PM
Polishing your horns?

Is that what they're calling it these days, Jakys?

Thought I heard something untoward coming from your bunk...

:mneh

Jakys Sei'trem
Jul 17th, 2010, 08:01:32 PM
Ugh, humans are so crass.

You groom and style your hair, us Devaronians polish and gild our horns. Not that you'd know what it means to take care of your physical appearance with that disgusting mop.

Probably why your bunk is always empty and I come back with a new woman or three every night.

Ceto Rübezahl
Jul 17th, 2010, 11:55:23 PM
Groom and style your hair?

I knew a girl with a Devaronian once. Never realised that personal hygene could also function as a navigational aide.

Sanya Tagge
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:45:19 AM
Boys! :twak

Less smarming, more scheming.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 18th, 2010, 04:00:42 AM
And this is why you are in charge of Cloud City, my old friend.

Max Cyn
Jul 18th, 2010, 08:20:00 AM
*At the Imperial ball or some such event*

Wow Empress' Tarkin I was not aware your husband was Iron Man? Is he ever going to take off that metal suit?

Travis North
Jul 18th, 2010, 09:36:09 AM
Boys! :twak

Less smarming, more scheming.

Ugnaught revolt!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Tear
Jul 18th, 2010, 11:57:58 AM
Ugnaught revolt!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Haha!:lol

Gallus Tagge
May 9th, 2012, 12:08:48 PM
Bumping this thread.

Anyone still game for playing with TaggeCo?

Captain Untouchable
May 9th, 2012, 12:42:05 PM
Have you considered getting him involved with Cloud City?

The sectors of Great Javin - the ones that Ceto Rubezahl is there to "bring order to" are a bit of an industrial powerhouse in many ways. There are some factory worlds, some worlds with some major mining action going on, and all that sort of thing. While the Independents arc has stalled to some extent, it might be interesting to still work off the assumption that the Corporate Sector is no longer affiliated with the Empire: we could set up Greater Javin as the new Corporate Sector, with Cloud City as it's capital of sorts.

TaggeCo could be one of the first organisations lined up to repalce it's lost Corporate Sector hondings with new construction in Greater Javin. It makes sense politically: not only is Gallus famous enough to lead by example, it's potentially a personal request on his sister's behalf as well. Mr Government Fundingzahl might also be able to help subsidise stuff with his Sector development budget... investing in TaggeCo > new job opportunities > more money > more taxes > profit!

Plus, it's a little bit of a boost to the activity hub that we've got going on down there. A lot of our little skirmish fleeters are set up at Sullust (the nearest Rebel world) and are raiding convoys and such going in and out of Javin: more industrial activity gives more excuses for activity and such like.

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2012, 12:51:21 PM
That's a pretty shiny idea you've got right there.

Tony Maxwell
May 9th, 2012, 01:55:09 PM
If your looking for a partner Tony runs a very successful droid production company; Maxwell Industries. This is a family owned company that has been around for a very long time and would, likely, be the third largest droid production company in the known galaxy. The first and second being the canon droid titans Industrial Automaton and Cybot Galactica. Maxwell Industries produces Class 2, 3, and 5 droids and is famous for it's agriculture and farming droids. However, since inheriting the company from his late father, Tony has begun looking into adding Type 4 (combat) droids to the company lineup.

I have been working over the last few weeks trying to find a way to insert Tony into the galaxy and if a partnership between the two companies could be made it would be awesome. Should TaggeCo ever look to develop droids it could find an ally in Maxwell Industries. MI spent the duration of the Clones Wars buying up failing droid companies or buying copyrights and schematics from other companies. I was toying with the idea of having MI acquire the HK Assassin droid from Duwani Mechanical Products, which went bankrupt during the clone wars.

So make from that what you like. Just throwing that out there as an option. Not really sure what the two companies have to gain from each other but any kind of interaction could be fun.

John Glayde
May 9th, 2012, 02:10:34 PM
If nothing else, one more company for the new Corporate Sector wouldn't go amiss.

It's also possible that either TaggeCo or Maxwell Industries is helping the other company to set itself up in Javin: perhaps TaggeCo is looking to purchase a droid work force to help build and/or staff some new factory facilities in Javin?

Also, TaggeCo already developed a combat droid (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/L8-L9_combat_droid) during the Clone Wars, and it has a subsidiary (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gowix_Computers) that is a computer firm. If Maxwell Indusries is branching into Type 4 droids, they might be wanting to set up a deal for some of the necessary computer systems / droid brains / components / etc that they need. Or, since TaggeCo seems to do a lot of industrial type heavy machinery stuff, maybe MI needs some custom factory equipment built for their latest droid design, etc.

As an aside... Gallus totally needs to open one of these (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Biscuit_Baron) on Cloud City! :ohno

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
Oh having the Tagge siblings both on Cloud City. ;)

Tony Maxwell
May 9th, 2012, 02:43:08 PM
I think MI has a lot more to gain from TaggeCo than the other way around, but if anything else they could bump into each other in the Corporate Sector. As undoubtedly among the richest men in the galaxy they are bound to end up in the same luxury restaurant on Cloud City at some point.

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2012, 03:04:10 PM
I guess Tony and Gallus need to meet and become millionaire playboy buddies

Tony Maxwell
May 9th, 2012, 03:14:55 PM
Jello shots and Zeltron hookers? Count me in.

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2012, 03:16:04 PM
Catch me on AIM at some point (I forget what your screen name is) and we will scheme ;)

Ceto Rübezahl
May 9th, 2012, 03:18:46 PM
Millionaire playboys, you say? :mischief

Gallus Tagge
May 9th, 2012, 03:20:54 PM
I think I need to build us a gentlemans club on Cloud City :cool

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 03:31:17 PM
(The Empress stamps her approval of this idea)

Captain Untouchable
May 9th, 2012, 03:38:11 PM
You should totally call it "Tagged".

Because puns are awesome.

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
Not sure if Sanya would appreciate that rofl

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2012, 03:43:05 PM
Better than calling it The Baroness's Bottom ;)

Captain Untouchable
May 9th, 2012, 03:43:19 PM
She doesn't have to like it. There is a "No girls allowed (unless you're strippers)" sign. :colbert

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 03:48:26 PM
Better than calling it The Baroness's Bottom ;)

You have a good point there and come on Jace. :mischief I'm quite certain that Gallus will find at least my presence inspiring while we're there together ;)

Tony Maxwell
May 9th, 2012, 04:05:18 PM
We would love to have a classy lady among us. After all, we do need someone to do the jelly shots off of ;)

Jen: you can catch me at kylekrogen02, just in case I don't see you first.

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 04:07:54 PM
Now I have this image of Gallus, Tony and Ceto doing jello shots on the Empress

Commander Adras
May 9th, 2012, 04:45:14 PM
Now I have this image of Gallus, Tony and Ceto doing jello shots on the Empress

Pics or it didn't happen.

Also, would the Empress be face down or face up while jello shots are placed upon her? :P

Tony Maxwell
May 9th, 2012, 04:49:48 PM
I'm not entirely sure. Both sides are equally stunning and capable of supporting the aforementioned jello shot. We might have to flip a coin.

Captain Untouchable
May 9th, 2012, 05:42:17 PM
We could always suspend the Empress in a null gravity field. Then we'd be able to do jello shots off both sides, at the same time.

Tear
May 9th, 2012, 06:03:41 PM
*facepalms* I'm not upset Miranda. I'm just disappointed.:lol

Miranda Tarkin
May 9th, 2012, 06:46:21 PM
Master... a girl is allowed her fantasies :P

Taataani Meorrrei
May 10th, 2012, 12:47:47 PM
Why hello there, barons of industry!

Serrena Alcine
May 10th, 2012, 04:15:41 PM
Apparently I miss the most *fascinating* discussions. Did I heard mention of a gentleman's club?

Ambassador Wrath
May 11th, 2012, 09:56:38 PM
Perhaps I could be of assistance in establishing this... establishment of yours.

An unfortunate would-be entrepreneur on Ryloth recently defaulted on his loan repayments. I was forced to forclose on his ship, and sadly the poor man comitted suicide; but his two Twi'leki daughters are fine specimens; with the right outfit and a little coaxing, they would make for a divine pair of dancers!

Blaze Revoch
May 12th, 2012, 01:26:09 AM
Between Serrena and myself, I'm certain we could properly coax them.

Gallus Tagge
May 12th, 2012, 06:03:26 AM
You can always count on a Hutt to turn you a good profit ;)

Once I've had a chit-chat with people, I guess we can have the grand opening of this fine establishment.

Miranda Tarkin
May 12th, 2012, 02:14:57 PM
(wonders if she'll get an invite)

:mneh