PDA

View Full Version : Call signs

Malick Raine
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:39:21 AM
In the real world it is ones squadron mates who come up with one's call sign.

So anyone from Shadow Squadron have any suggestion for a new call sign for Malick Raine?

The reason for the change is Jason "Oucast" Dreggs was Malick old name but since he has had name change do to IC events to Malick Raine. He is basically the same guy with a few new real expriences/issues in his life. So I was thinking with a new name he should have a new call sign. Any suggestions?

(Jokingly to myself I was thinking of going with "GCAH" Galaxy Class A-hole for short.)

This not just limit to shadow squad anyone who has a suggestion may submit it. :)

Serena Laran
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:43:36 AM
How about "Schitzo" because of his name change?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:58:49 AM
Just as a random aside, Em and I used http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html to come up with the goofy callsigns for Bloodfin squadron - maybe others will be able to find something useful there :)

Captain Untouchable
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:59:14 AM
Just as a random aside, Em and I used http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html to come up with the goofy callsigns for Bloodfin squadron - maybe others will be able to find something useful there :)

Torch (added: 10 Mar 2010)
Navy pilot in training, came in too fast - when he applied the breaks the main wheels and brakes burst in to flames

Holy cow. :|

I love that there's an Air Force ECO running around with the callsign DRADIS, though. :lol

Assuming people know that his name has changed, and what it was before...

Dregs are meant to be the useless leftovers at the bottom of a glass or barrel; it also conjures up connotations of refuse, the "dregs of society", and all that. That latter usage fits pretty well with "Outcast" - could well be why you picked it in the first place, effectively.

Since you aren't the "dregs" anymore, perhaps some sort of callsign that relates to reusing or recycling those dregs? Eco or Eco Warrior (as in eco-friendly/recycling), or Salvage, perhaps?

Malick Raine
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:31:44 AM
Dregs are meant to be the useless leftovers at the bottom of a glass or barrel; it also conjures up connotations of refuse, the "dregs of society", and all that. That latter usage fits pretty well with "Outcast" - could well be why you picked it in the first place, effectively.

Oddly enough that is part of the reason I used "Outcast" that and it fit the fact that he denounced his fathers fathers name effectively outcasting himself. Yes this is this characters third name. lol

Actually the reason for the first change was because imposible to have two characters with the same name here (so it was an Out character choice to give a different last name.). His Real name is Jason Mcgraves (jr) since I play his father Jason Mcgraves (sr) I wrote his story as his father didn't want him to join the starfighter corp so as an act of rebelion he changed his last name to his mothers madien name Dreggs and signed up.

The second name change came after his father attempted to kill him and his sister. They did it to as a way of hiding from him and letting him beleive they where dead. This is also the reason he went AWOL on shadow squadron.

His story as of now is he made his apeal to the higher ups to get reinstated under his new name so his father (in intel) couldn't locate him or his sister. As for who knows it's Jason Dreggs, Chipper would probably know (we never finished the thread where she was going to find out) because she helped get him reinstated. I'm sure most of Shadow squad who knew him would know he is in fact there old comrade Jason (since he pretty much acts and looks the same.). Basically his name change now is to protect him and his sister from there father.

(secretly there is is an investigation into Malick/Jason father Jason Mcgraves (sr) )

1. "Schitzo" - I kind of like that, has a nice ring to it
2. "Salvage" - Also has nice ring to it.

Just as a random aside, Em and I used http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html to come up with the goofy callsigns for Bloodfin squadron - maybe others will be able to find something useful there

I looked at a few of those before I came here looking for help, because I couldn't decide. lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:38:31 AM
Ratbreath has a nice ring to it. ;)

Or 'Pourin'

Pourin Raine.

Travis North
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:41:19 AM
Five Alive

Nicky Raine
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:28:22 PM
How about "Dirt Devil" cause you suck!

Malick Raine